Report on Successful Transfer to US - 300k

On 2/11/2022 at 2:08 AM, EricTh said:

The exchange rate is poor for SWIFT bank transfer, the bigger the transfer, the more money the bank gets.

1400 is only the fixed fee, the other profit comes from the exchange rate difference.

So the bigger the transfer, it's better to use Wise/Instrarem/Moneydee

Pointless to mention Wise, since it would not have been possible to use Wise.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 4:58 AM, Yellowtail said:

I can't speak to "Instrarem" or "Moneydee", and perhaps it is different with other banks and or other countries, but I have used TransferWise/Wise any number of times, and I know with absolute certainty that for larger transfers (over ~US$10K) , doing an online transfer from Chase bank in the US to a Thai account is cheaper. 

The OP was not transferring from the USA to Thailand, and for his transfer from Thailand to the USA Wise would not have been available, therefore, it is pointless to mention Wise.

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

In the title, he uses US, which is two-thirds of the currency symbol USD, which he obviously means.

In the body of his post, he used Baht, the name of the Thai currency, which has the symbol THB.

Of course, it would be better to use either the symbols or the names consistently, but we are not all financial wizards.

Sorry for posting too fast and not to your liking. I've only got an undergrad with majors in accounting and economics and a masters in corporate finance. Both degrees with honors.

Edited by Jeffr2

52 minutes ago, Puccini said:

No limit, as long as the sender is able to dispel any possible suspicion of money laundering, if asked to do so.

Not so sure about that. Doubt it would have been as easy to wire a few million USD.  took us a fair amount of time just to do this amount.

11 hours ago, Puccini said:

No limit, as long as the sender is able to dispel any possible suspicion of money laundering, if asked to do so.

so to not have any problem with sending money back to where it came from,your recieving bank acc.in thailand should issue an international transfer certificate,which you MUST keep safe.

13 hours ago, Puccini said:

In the title, he uses US, which is two-thirds of the currency symbol USD, which he obviously means.

In the body of his post, he used Baht, the name of the Thai currency, which has the symbol THB.

Of course, it would be better to use either the symbols or the names consistently, but we are not all financial wizards.

The way I read the post is that he sent 300 k to the United States  . There is no indication what so ever on what currency was sent . That has nothing to do with being a financial expert , just a sentence that does not make any sense . 

1 hour ago, itsari said:

The way I read the post is that he sent 300 k to the United States  . There is no indication what so ever on what currency was sent . That has nothing to do with being a financial expert , just a sentence that does not make any sense . 

You didn't understand it because it was in a secret code only understood by people that "...only got an undergrad with majors in accounting and economics and a masters in corporate finance. Both degrees with honors."

23 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You didn't understand it because it was in a secret code only understood by people that "...only got an undergrad with majors in accounting and economics and a masters in corporate finance. Both degrees with honors."

Very impressive i do not think .

A masters degree in thieving off the masses