Viral video: It's not just Thailand where people get violent over blocking parking spaces!

webfact

At least some bystanders appeared to attempt to diffuse the situation, but then sadly became embroiled in the dispute.  Compared to some countries this is mild though and thankfully no one resorted to weapons.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I know of many cases where people pulled guns and shot others dead in disputes over parking...

In the 80's the last pay toll area on the autostrada just before Naples gunfire used to happen a lot. People trying to get their cars into the front at the pay booth.

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

At least some bystanders appeared to attempt to diffuse the situation, but then sadly became embroiled in the dispute.  Compared to some countries this is mild though and thankfully no one resorted to weapons.

Do you really thinkit's a good idea to get involved?

Better to sit back and let them knock 7 bells out of each other. Too many cases everywhere nowadays where knives and guns appear.

Does publicizing these videos serve any purpose beyond feeding voyeurism and stoking fear?

I’ve lived in Thailand almost 25 years now, had a car the whole time,  ever once have I come across people getting violent over parking spaces.

The only times I’ve ever had anyone approach me regarding parking, they’ve been polite and respectful, just like the vast majority of people are polite and respectful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Does publicizing these videos serve any purpose beyond feeding voyeurism and stoking fear?

I’ve lived in Thailand almost 25 years now, had a car the whole time,  ever once have I come across people getting violent over parking spaces.

The only times I’ve ever had anyone approach me regarding parking, they’ve been polite and respectful, just like the vast majority of people are polite and respectful.

Had a car but parked at home most of the time? People here just simply park anywhere they like causing traffic Jam and blocking other cars from coming out of their parking space. Walking further away for parking or spending time to find a proper parking space is non existence here especially in Bangkok. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Had a car but parked at home most of the time? People here just simply park anywhere they like causing traffic Jam and blocking other cars from coming out of their parking space. Walking further away for parking or spending time to find a proper parking space is non existence here especially in Bangkok. 

No I haven’t only parked at home, silly idea.

Some people just   feel the need to park  directly  outside a  shop doorway, so they can just open  their  car door and fall inside.    I really think    shops   could  aleviate this problem  for the  poor  devils  b y providing a drive through service. Its a problem not restricted to any one  country.