Bum gun - one that does not leak??

Petey303

4 hours ago, jimn said:

So you go around with a smeared @rse all the time then. Since when is the water that cold over here anyway

Our toilet with the bidet seat heats the water and also the toilet seat.  Has a nightlight inside the lid also.  Could have paid a bit more and gotten one that automatically raised the lid when you got close to it, but our bathroom is fairly small and I didn't want it raising the lid every time someone got close to it.

I can't understand why more people aren't endorsing toilets with bidet seats.  Instead everyone is writing about how to rehabilitate cheapie, nasty (probably germ-ridden) leaking bum guns.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I can't understand why more people aren't endorsing toilets with bidet seats.  Instead everyone is writing about how to rehabilitate cheapie, nasty (probably germ-ridden) leaking bum guns.

Perhaps because that is what the question was?  And not wanting Thai electric power lines anywhere near that area?  ????

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Our toilet with the bidet seat heats the water and also the toilet seat.  Has a nightlight inside the lid also.  Could have paid a bit more and gotten one that automatically raised the lid when you got close to it, but our bathroom is fairly small and I didn't want it raising the lid every time someone got close to it.

Am I to assume you have electricity involved in your toilet......????........????

PS. I think most of us clean bathroom utensils on a regular basis, what you do is up to you.....????

I bought a bidet seat from Lazada for less than 500 Baht.  No electric required.  Doesn't use hot water, no whistles, bells, just a nice cool stream of water to wash things off.

Extra simple to install.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1696722612-s4794324012.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&laz_trackid=2:mm_150551077_51752951_2010952694:clkgg2elf1frp385b9pkgi&mkttid=clkgg2elf1frp385b9pkgi

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Am I to assume you have electricity involved in your toilet......????........????

PS. I think most of us clean bathroom utensils on a regular basis, what you do is up to you.....????

Yes, ours requires electricity, fortunately.  Somehow, despite having an architect design the condo and my spending hours of online researching, drawing, contemplating, etc, I had neglected to specify an electrical power point in the bathroom for hair care appliances.  Yes, a single power point for the toilet, but none for the devices to fry my hair.  After much discussion, the contractor and I decided the only solution was to change the single power point for the toilet into a double outlet.  Now I rather awkwardly sit on a stool next to the toilet to style my hair.  Thank goodness I didn't get the upscale toilet with the seat that automatically rises when you get close to the toilet.  Also, thank goodness there is a urinal elsewhere in the bathroom, so the toilet stays fresh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NancyL said:

Yes, ours requires electricity, fortunately.  Somehow, despite having an architect design the condo and my spending hours of online researching, drawing, contemplating, etc, I had neglected to specify an electrical power point in the bathroom for hair care appliances.  Yes, a single power point for the toilet, but none for the devices to fry my hair.  After much discussion, the contractor and I decided the only solution was to change the single power point for the toilet into a double outlet.  Now I rather awkwardly sit on a stool next to the toilet to style my hair.  Thank goodness I didn't get the upscale toilet with the seat that automatically rises when you get close to the toilet.  Also, thank goodness there is a urinal elsewhere in the bathroom, so the toilet stays fresh.

Where I come from electric sockets in a bathroom are a no-no, except a low volt shaver outlet, I think the reason is obvious, nor even a light switch, the switch must be outside the room or have a ceiling pull cord......

On 2/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, Moonlover said:

When it comes to bum guns, you definitely get what you pay for. I picked what was probably the most expensive stainless steel one in Global House for our new bathroom. That was three years ago and it's still going strong with no leaks.

I bought a cheaper one for the guest bathroom and it lasted about 6 months before it started to leak.

The moral of the tale is obvious.

Don't use your guest bathroom?  noted.

I had problems with the internal hose fitting down by the shut of tap it was leaking and eventually come out even with reduced pressure, i kept buying new guns/hoses same probs, i have now fixed the problem by using cable zip ties one around the hose another one looped though and secured to the tap, not beautiful but no leaks. 

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps because that is what the question was?  And not wanting Thai electric power lines anywhere near that area?  ????

Thai electric could give you a pleasant buzz every now and then ????

9 hours ago, NancyL said:

I and SWMBO spent a number of years in Japan where there are probably the highest concentration of public and institutional toilets with seats often costing over ¥400,000 each (north of 120k Baht). When we built neither of us wanted to install even one. The quality bum gun (at 1,000 Baht for a Häfele one ) does a far better and more through job.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:35 PM, Artisi said:

Only downside is it darkens /stains stainless steel surfaces. 

Yes, it cannot be left standing on metal surfaces, especially the fake chrome. It works so fast on faucet stringers though that it causes no damage.

Generally not to be used for more than one or two minutes.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:42 PM, mrfill said:

Easier, cheaper and safer to use food standard citric acid. Good for kettles too.

That's a good choice too, as well as acetic acid (vinegar) but they don't act as fast or as effectively. For toilet applications where it is diluted, HCl better IMO.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, Petey303 said:

The leak is not from the threads - it seems to be coming from the hose where it enters the gun end. The water runs down the wall and leaves a stain as well (another negative).

I did buy an expensive metal one... I am thinking bidet and forget the whole bum gun.

Again, check the ends where the 'O' ring or washer is.!

The hose from a hand held shower it the same only longer, another option is to try one of them.

Finally, as I was concerned about hose failure when we are not home I installed a tap, first, before the hose.

If one was installed on your system, guarantees no hose leakage if turned off after use.!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

I have an alternative idea: close the valve at the feed pipe/hose connection at the wall by a quarter turn or one-third, thus reducing the pressure a bit. Might work. 

This a real do it yourself solution, when there is now flow the pressure in the hose is the same as before the valve. Even if you close the valve 95%????

11 minutes ago, Petey303 said:

I received the super fancy bum gun that can take 10 psi... just received, will install and let you know the results. Continued wet floor? Or success?

IMG_1416.thumb.JPG.639e2d2b4c0c5c797557725da2da603b.JPG

Did you order online? 

We have Hafele shop on the Sukhumvit Rd here in Pattaya.

I spend a lot of time in the Hafele shop these days, always finding something to spend my money on. 

Good quality products. 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Did you order online? 

We have Hafele shop on the Sukhumvit Rd here in Pattaya.

I spend a lot of time in the Hafele shop these days, always finding something to spend my money on. 

Good quality products. 

I ordered it online

On 2/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, Max Brok said:

This a real do it yourself solution, when there is now flow the pressure in the hose is the same as before the valve. Even if you close the valve 95%????

Or even 99.99999999%

5 hours ago, Petey303 said:

I received the super fancy bum gun that can take 10 psi... just received, will install and let you know the results. Continued wet floor? Or success?

IMG_1416.thumb.JPG.639e2d2b4c0c5c797557725da2da603b.JPG

Trust 10 psi is a typo.... 

We've had mixed luck with our bum guns. I think a lot of it has to do with family or guests dropping them on the floor. I know my son's girlfriend has done this twice. She has also broken a shower spray head by dropping it.

I have nice Karat guns in my office toilet and in the master bedroom toilet. However, they do not swivel. In fact I've never seen a swiveling bum gun. Can anyone point out a specific model where the gun swivels? I would definitely like to try one out.