Thai pass insurance query

If I plan to arrive visa exempt on March 9 with an onward (throwaway) flight ticket booked for April 7.   If you count the arrival and departure date equals 30 days.   When applying for the thai pass do I put this or Apr 8 just to make sure it covers the whole trip duration.  Will convert to a non o retirement anyway but just ticking the boxes for applying for the thai pass.  Thank you

You've started a thread for every aspect of your visit ( at least 10 threads now), I really don't think you should travel if you are so paranoid and pedantic about every aspect of your trip

Why not add it to your current thread where you stuffed up and booked a 31 day ticket, rather than make another thread to make it sound like you should say a date to cover 31 days just in case?

Thai pass is simple, state your name, flight number, date of arrival and then upload passport page, vaccination certificate, hotel booking and insurance. Takes less then 5 minutes and you're done

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just take out a policy for how it's offered by the insurance company.

Be that one month or 30 days. 

Doesn't need to match your throw away flight. 

That ticket is for the airline to issue boarding pass. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure I understand. "Will convert to a non o retirement anyway but just ticking the boxes for applying for the thai pass. "

What will convert, insurance, Thailand Pass, or O-A visa?

Ticking which box, on which form, for visa, pass, or insurance?

We need a visa to apply for the Thailand Pass, if required, which it is for my non-imm O.

I haven't followed your threads and don't know.

I bought a 1 way ticket for my non-imm O (married to a Thai) visa.

Just now bought my ASQ++ and AXA covid insurance. Are you saying I'll have an issue with a 1-way ticket on the Thailand Pass application later? 

The process is confusing when starting, agreed, lots of partial, out-of-date, and conflicting info - in unclear English too.

Edited by ding

2 hours ago, ding said:

I bought a 1 way ticket for my non-imm O (married to a Thai) visa.

Your non O marriage will mean that you will be stamped into Thailand for 90 days. 

Some folk purchase insurance to cover that period. 

Some folk have used 30 day cover. That has also worked.

Once in Thailand extentions do not require covid insurance..

The non O-A extentions require health insurance however that's not your concern, having a non O.

BTW you do not require onward flight as you have a visa. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

My understanding from what I have read in prior comments is if you already have a visa then a 1 way ticket is acceptable.    In my case I booked a 1 way ticket but am planning to arrive visa exempt which only allows me a 30 day stay so you have to have a return ticket that falls within the 30 day window.  I had previously incorrectly booked a 31 day ticket to throwaway as didn’t realize that the arrival and departure date are both counted as full days.  I have since changed the flight to fall within this window and as the thai pass insurance is for 30 days and they asked on my insurance application for a departure as well as arrival date I was trying to figure out whether the thai pass also count the arrival date and departure date as part of there 30 day window.   I guess they do but was just asking the question. Good luck. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HKexpat said:

In my case I booked a 1 way ticket but am planning to arrive visa exempt which only allows me a 30 day stay so you have to have a return ticket that falls within the 30 day window.  I had previously incorrectly booked a 31 day ticket to throwaway as didn’t realize that the arrival and departure date are both counted as full days

You have it covered. Just adding for others.

You did not need to book a throw away ticket close to 30 days.

In hindsight onward flight after day 20 days would have avoided counting exact #of days. 

BTW the ticket does not to be return. Any onward flight will suffice. 

For anyone flying visa exempt and looking at throw away, recently flights to PP and KL approx 1600baht. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your non O marriage will mean that you will be stamped into Thailand for 90 days. 

Some folk purchase insurance to cover that period. 

Some folk have used 30 day cover. That has also worked.

Once in Thailand extentions do not require covid insurance..

The non O-A extentions require health insurance however that's not your concern, having a non O.

BTW you do not require onward flight as you have a visa. 

I’m interested in your comment that once in Thailand extensions do not require Covid insurance.

My understanding is that to obtain a Travel Pass you need insurance of Baht 1.5m for the period that you are stamped in for.

So if I have a retirement Extension, leave the country for a month, then when I return the extension has say six months life left I need insurance for that period.

On this occasion would be happy to be wrong with my understanding of the requirement.

10 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I’m interested in your comment that once in Thailand extensions do not require Covid insurance

What was your original visa.

A non O-A or Non O.

For extensions to non O obtained at immigration then insurance is not required.

For extensions to non O-A  insurance is required.

Any entry into Thailand requires insurance currently.

BTW if married an extension to non O-A based on marriage does not require insurance. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

My understanding is that to obtain a Travel Pass you need insurance of Baht 1.5m for the period that you are stamped in for.

So if I have a retirement Extension, leave the country for a month, then when I return the extension has say six months life left I need insurance for that period.

The Thailand Pass site and others state it as $50,000 US for covid 19 insurance coverage.

There is no real rule that states you need it for your entire length of say if living here long term. You do not even need to put a departure date if you select returning to Thailand when registering for the Thailand pass.

Immigration does not enforce the covid 19 insurance requirement when entering the country. Many people have entered with only 30 days of covid 19 insurance.

1 minute ago, HKexpat said:

If you have a non O retirement extension obtained in Thailand then my understanding is that you can just buy a new 30 day insurance policy each time you return to Thailand and that will suffice.  

Correct.

Of course you would also need to purchase a reentry permit.

Single or multiple depending on your needs. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The Thailand Pass site and others state it as $50,000 US for covid 19 insurance coverage.

There is no real rule that states you need it for your entire length of say if living here long term. You do not even need to put a departure date if you select returning to Thailand when registering for the Thailand pass.

Immigration does not enforce the covid 19 insurance requirement when entering the country. Many people have entered with only 30 days of covid 19 insurance.

Thank you for clarifying the position.
I have no intention of traveling until some form of normality returns, if that ever happens, however good to Know the requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What was your original visa.

A non O-A or Non O.

For extensions to non O obtained at immigration then insurance is not required.

For extensions to non O-A  insurance is required.

Any entry into Thailand requires insurance currently.

BTW if married an extension to non O-A based on marriage does not require insurance. 

My original Visa was issued by the Embassy in Sydney but so many years ago cannot remember, but have never taken out Insurance related to it

Ubonjoe has issued a response which further clarifies the matter.

• Like 1

Very simple….you need to cover your trip for the duration based on your short term time….if 28 days then a months worth of insurance…if 40 days or 45 days then 2 months of insurance….and so on…

those who are in non O visa, then your situation is different as one really needs to cover their time which equates at least to one month of insurance…currently immigration not checking your insurance matches your visa expiration date…

this policy is for a tourist’s time in thailand but  expats got caught up by the vagueness of this policy as it pertains to long stay visas 

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Very simple….you need to cover your trip for the duration based on your short term time….if 28 days then a months worth of insurance…if 40 days or 45 days then 2 months of insurance….and so on…

I don't find it simple.

Your effectively stating that anyone entering on, for example a tourist visa requires 60 day insurance coverage? 

What stops them for obtaining insurance for 30 day coverage? 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What stops them for obtaining insurance for 30 day coverage? 

Nothing really since it seems nobody checks it when entering the country. They could deny the Thailand Pass dependent upon what you select here on the registration for it.

image.png.7a5161fb2807549756306e2efbd930d1.png

When you select any of them but returning to Thailand you have this below the above.

image.png.9c7e75e4fed775ea7a9ce7941cdb8283.png

Source: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/registration

It seems to me the meaning of the above is that if you are returning to here you already have ties to Thailand and have the means to pay for treatment of a covid 19 infection after the 30 days.