Two former Canadian servicemen wanted by Thai police for a murder on Phuket Island

webfact

Thai-PBS-World-logo-50-2.png

Phuket provincial court has issued warrants for the arrest of two Canadian nationals for alleged involvement in the murder of Indian underworld character, Jimi “Slice” Sandhu, at a beachfront villa on Rawai Beach on Phuket Island on February 4th, according to Pol Maj-Gen Sermphan Sirikhong, commander of Phuket provincial police.

He did not provide the names of the two suspects, saying only that they are former Canadian military, both aged about 37 and that they left Thailand on February 6th.

He said that the Thai branch of Interpol has already coordinated with Interpol HQ to trace the whereabouts of the two fugitives, so they can sent back to Thailand to stand trial.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/two-former-canadian-servicemen-wanted-by-thai-police-for-a-murder-on-phuket-island/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

4 minutes ago, iLuvThai said:

Murder is murder, but from what I understand about the dead guy I think the world is better off. Forgive me lord for playing judge.

Yes, as if Hitler or Stalin or Mao's backup would of been that much better. You just don't know for sure.

A spokeperson for the Thai Police has announced that, if, and when, the two Canadians are located and detained in another country, Thai police will be sent to  seek their extradition to Thailand,  and  on  the way to whereever that may be,, the same officers will detour via Dubai, UK,  France,  USA,  Australia  and   whatever  country they can also think of, to also locate the red bull heir,,, honest.

• Haha 1

Okay colour me confused.  If they are Canadian and they are in Canada then it would seem that the simple thing is to approach the RCMP.  

There is a RCMP officer in the Embassy.  All it takes is to contact them and advise that these individuals are person of Interest.

Again I still really do not see how they can prove that these are the guys that did it.

The thing that is really confusing me is how they have so much information about them.  How do they know that they are ex military?

How do they know that these are the 2 guys.

I see a lot of he said but not a lot of proof.

As to the guns unless the 2 that sold the guns ly then I do not see them being any help.

As was stated earlier usually guns are pawned and sold out the back door by the pawn shops.

Thailand may think that these are the guys but thinking and sketchy information is not going to be able to do much considering that Thailand has a death penalty in getting them extradited.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Thailand still has the death penalty on the books, so I don't think Canada would extradite.

They will do!!! This is not the first murder case from canadians in Thailand. Thailand just has to guarantee that they won't get the death penalty.

• Like 1

Awww ... let this topic rest , a piece of garbage was removed ,

society is better off . just ask people in Vancouver, BC how much

they love this guy ... better dead than alive  !! Nuff said  .....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Okay colour me confused.  If they are Canadian and they are in Canada then it would seem that the simple thing is to approach the RCMP.  

There is a RCMP officer in the Embassy.  All it takes is to contact them and advise that these individuals are person of Interest.

Again I still really do not see how they can prove that these are the guys that did it.

The thing that is really confusing me is how they have so much information about them.  How do they know that they are ex military?

How do they know that these are the 2 guys.

I see a lot of he said but not a lot of proof.

As to the guns unless the 2 that sold the guns ly then I do not see them being any help.

As was stated earlier usually guns are pawned and sold out the back door by the pawn shops.

Thailand may think that these are the guys but thinking and sketchy information is not going to be able to do much considering that Thailand has a death penalty in getting them extradited.

adding up to be an off-the-books government sanctioned killing. Canada sending their agents to end a Canadian drug pin hiding in Thailand? I heard it said that criminals go to Thailand to hide - tho they may have to move to Cambodia now. as easy as it is to hack into Thailand's servers, the west can track down who they want without Thailand knowing it. this is Thailand trying to save face now, but the shooters are safer than Boss

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

it amazes me how they can identify these two alleged murderers within a couple of weeks yet they can never catch or identify the numerous killers that get away with the murder of dozens of western farang.

"Western farang" is a pleonasm

or.. actually, I take that back. there are plenty farangs which aren't Westerners. Russians for example.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1