How to spot the difference between a woman or a ladyboy

webfact

Just now, Hummin said:

No humor? 

Have you considered that you might not be the final arbiter in what is humorous?

Or that what might be humorous in a conversation loses its power when converted to text?

Or that in a sincere conversation with serious comments an irrelevant comment is not understood as humour

Or that you are just not very funny

• Haha 1

I have noticed that every MK restaurant always has 1 ladyboy and 1 pregnant lady, about 7 months pregnant. It must be a nightmare for the staff at a new store opening and I've always wondered if they draw lots or the manager just selects them or they take turns ????

A story about this which I found very amusing...... 

A friend of mine owned a very popular bar here for quite some time, and every year some of his mates would come over from London to visit him for a couple of weeks of raucous behaviour and so on, and one time they brought a much older guy over with them (I think he was someone's uncle/father) and they set him up for the night with a lady boy, not that he knew what a lady boy was as he thought it was all kosher..

When he came back to the bar the next evening he was livid, and apparently he had been laying on the bed waiting for his date to come out of the shower, but she was taking a long time so he banged on the door shouting for her to come out, and she did, but with a towel round her waist, and when he gently removed the towel he got a surprise, not only because of the male tackle which was hanging there, but as he said to his friends at the bar – – "her tackle was bigger than mine", so he kicked her out!

32 minutes ago, silver sea said:

An alternative is to ask them, during your conversation with them, whether they have any children and/or whether they want to have any in the future. 

A woman would simply answer the question about children without realising that you had doubts about her true femininity. So you are not offending her. She would probably be happy that you seem to be taking a genuine interest in her.

A LB would immediately realise that you were ‘mistaken’ about them, and would, I’m sure, straightaway ‘correct’ you. She would probably be happy and take your mistake as a compliment. However, she wouldn’t want any trouble later on by allowing your mistake to continue.

I have to admit that I have never tried this method out. I don’t have much contact with LBs here in sleepy HuaHin. It simply occurred to me as I was reading the above as a simple and polite way of checking her out without causing offence. 

I can remember when I was young seeing the film Triple Echo with Brian Deacon, Glenda Jackson and Oliver Reed

You can imagine how the Oliver Reed character reacted once he realised he was holding ‘meat and two veg’

While I appreciate what you are saying a LB could also want to be a parent and be thinking about adoption, just a different scenario on the same theme, however I truly think the straight forward  approach is best as there is no misinterpretation, additionally when asked in a correct manner this method is not offensive. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

It is often said that Thai ladyboys are even more beautiful than Thai women, so it is an extremely easy mistake to make.

It may be said much, but it's not often true, IMO.

However, many a newbie has been fooled.

Once upon a time a fabulously beautiful ladyboy used to dance at Malibu Cabaret in Pattaya, but soon as she spoke it was apparent which gender she was born as. However, some do speak like a real women, and lack an Adam's apple as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

WOW. This topic. Incredible.  I guess if you need to get the sexpats out of bed - this is how to do it.

The last time I interacted with a ladyboy was last week, at my house, over beers and wine and snacks so hot you couldn't taste the beer or wine - or the snacks. Not just one ladyboy - but a couple and there was a Tom there too.  We had a houseful of people.

None are prostitutes. It's just a regular part of Thai society. The Tom drives an airport limo out of Swampy - just a regular Joe.

I get the humor here - but the inference here is that they are all prostitutes.

So I can tell you this - you don't need to be able to tell the difference. Every human in Thailand isn't an object of your f*** stick. It's not your business. Just treat the people you meet like human beings and don't ask personal questions like that. Over time - it'll be cleared up because their jokes will usually give it away.

These people are well... they are people. That is how you should treat them - you don't need to pigeonhole or categorize anyone - just take care of your own business. 

LOL. That's only true as long as they aren't trying to pickpocket me on Sukhumvit. The ones at the entrance to Walking Street used to give me a good run to save my wallet too.

41 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Have you considered that you might not be the final arbiter in what is humorous?

Or that what might be humorous in a conversation loses its power when converted to text?

Or that in a sincere conversation with serious comments an irrelevant comment is not understood as humour

Or that you are just not very funny

You are funny now, or was fanny?

Just give it a break, Christ sake.

Who decide what's funny? Among dusins of different nationalities, and backgrounds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, xylophone said:

A story about this which I found very amusing...... 

A friend of mine owned a very popular bar here for quite some time, and every year some of his mates would come over from London to visit him for a couple of weeks of raucous behaviour and so on, and one time they brought a much older guy over with them (I think he was someone's uncle/father) and they set him up for the night with a lady boy, not that he knew what a lady boy was as he thought it was all kosher..

When he came back to the bar the next evening he was livid, and apparently he had been laying on the bed waiting for his date to come out of the shower, but she was taking a long time so he banged on the door shouting for her to come out, and she did, but with a towel round her waist, and when he gently removed the towel he got a surprise, not only because of the male tackle which was hanging there, but as he said to his friends at the bar – – "her tackle was bigger than mine", so he kicked her out!

This was a story told nightly by tourists when I used to drink in Sukhumvit Soi 22 and Washington Square. 

Most of them just worried that they had been spotted.

Best covert LB shagger that I knew was a wee guy from the Borders in Scotland used to do the training for offshore companies in Thailand.

Mate that owned the bar in Soi 22 kept telling me, "he's gay, he's gay"... even his wife said it, but I didn't believe them. He was married for 30 odd years...

Next thing you know I am in Singapore working and I saw him leaving the four floors going back to his hotel with what can only be described as a 6' 4" man in a wig.

He never saw me so never knew I was there. 

Needless to say after that it was well known around Bangkok. ????

14 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Best covert LB shagger that I knew was a wee guy from the Borders in Scotland used to do the training for offshore companies in Thailand.

Mate that owned the bar in Soi 22 kept telling me, "he's gay, he's gay"... even his wife said it, but I didn't believe them. He was married for 30 odd years...

Next thing you know I am in Singapore working and I saw him leaving the four floors going back to his hotel with what can only be described as a 6' 4" man in a wig.

He never saw me so never knew I was there. 

Needless to say after that it was well known around Bangkok. ????

My pal is hetro but prefers LBs. Go figure!

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Why not just ask the concerned person, in my experience if you ask in a correct manor they will answer truthfully 

I remember a long time ago in a Nana Plaza bar asking in a polite manner but the bargirl started to cry and walked away. The mamasan asked me why I was being so offensive to her girl. I said the girl was so pretty I thought she must have been a ladyboy. However, it appears there were no ladyboys in Mandarin. Mamasan had to go and explain to the girl that I was either drunk, an idiot or both. Another of my newbie mistakes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

Very often LB are much prettier than any girl in the same place... today, sad but quite true

I asked my Mrs when I was in Phuket alone how I could tell if it was a LB and she said; Tiruk, if she is prettier than me, it's a LB, why you ask she said, and of course my reply was; just asking for a friend....

Drooling Man GIFs | Tenor

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1