Non-Immigrant O Visa extension

7 hours ago, tuktuktuk said:

60 day extension like I've done in the past?

60 day extension to visit wife?

Yes no problem. 

You may be able to obtain a 60 day covid extension instead.

That way you could save the visit wife extension for later if needed. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

60 day extension to visit wife?

Yes no problem. 

You may be able to obtain a 60 day covid extension instead.

That way you could save the visit wife extension for later if needed. 

According to other posts, no more Covid extensions are available on non-immigrant O-visas.

30 minutes ago, khunPer said:

According to other posts, no more Covid extensions are available on non-immigrant O-visas.

That's correct ......not sure if he entered with the non O. 

If he did then yes appears covid extension not available.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's correct ......not sure if he entered with the non O. 

If he did then yes appears covid extension not available.

For covid extensions is there a difference between entering Thailand on a non o as opposed to entering on a visa exempt then changing to a non o of some sort? Or is it impossible to get another extension eIther way once you have a non o stamp? 

35 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

For covid extensions is there a difference between entering Thailand on a non o as opposed to entering on a visa exempt then changing to a non o of some sort? Or is it impossible to get another extension eIther way once you have a non o stamp? 

First up there has been distinct lack of reports since Jan 26.

It seems the criteria is about your entry into Thailand.

If that was with a non O then covid extension unavailable.

If via visa exempt or tourist visa then your able to obtain CE.

Seems strange to me. 

For those able to obtain non O eg retirement or marriage then they indeed have an alternative.

12 month extensions.

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

First up there has been distinct lack of reports since Jan 26.

It seems the criteria is about your entry into Thailand.

If that was with a non O then covid extension unavailable.

If via visa exempt or tourist visa then your able to obtain CE.

Seems strange to me. 

For those able to obtain non O eg retirement or marriage then they indeed have an alternative.

12 month extensions.

Like you say Ive not seen many reports, I entered by land 30 visa exempt and when we were told no more amnesty at the very last day I caved and got a 3 month extension from an agent.im not very hopeful of been able to get another covid extension. 

Just now, Daithi85 said:

Like you say Ive not seen many reports, I entered by land 30 visa exempt and when we were told no more amnesty at the very last day I caved and got a 3 month extension from an agent.im not very hopeful of been able to get another covid extension. 

You should be ok.

I forget where your located and when does current permit expire. 

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You should be ok.

I forget where your located and when does current permit expire. 

I'm in Jomtien ,I have 8 weeks left so I still have a bit of time..The 90 day extension stamp is why I am not to hopefull. I have to send a photo of it to a visa agent tommorow and see what they say. 

30 minutes ago, tuktuktuk said:

It expires March 8.  When is the earliest I can apply for the extension.  I think I remember reading 14 days prior to expiration.  Sound right?

That is the norm.

Each time the extensions have been due to end ( this time March 26)....reports of people obtaining one with  21+ days left on their permission of stay. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

Got my extension today. Had to go to Chaiyaphum. Wife changed her residence to the other house. Office was practically empty and relaxed. They told us to go online and update my current address to the Chaiyaphum address to avoid the fee. Even with their help we couldn’t figure out how to do that on an iPhone. 

I suppose they were talking about the 90 day reporting system, but I figure that doesn’t apply to this situation.

I was a bit surprised they didn’t make me extend my COVID insurance, but no mention. Nevertheless a successful outing. 1900 baht is a small price to pay to avoid another three hour round trip to Chaiyaphum immigration. 

btw: Stations along the way were out of fuel. Not sure what to think of that. We’ve seen some in recent months, but not like today. 

12 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

How does this 60 day extension to visit wife work on multiple entry non-o visas?

Can you do this on every 90 day entry?

You can apply for a 60 day extension for every 90 day stay from a non-o visa.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension for every 90 day stay from a non-o visa.

I have just asked Samut Sakhon immigration and you can't anymore. Not sure if they just don't know what they are talking about or what. I will ring again today to make sure they understand I am not talking about a covid extension.

3 minutes ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

So let me get this straight.

Parent of a Thai child or married to a Thai who entered Thailand on a single Non-Immigrant visa cannot get a COVID 60day extension BUT can still get the original 60day extension which has been around for years?

Thanks

Yes

• Like 1