How much time needs to remain on my Visa Exempt for applying for non O?

It is at least 15 days. However, some immigration offices require longer, typically 21 days, unless you use an agent. If an application using an agent cannot be done with 15 days left on your tourist entry, it is probably time to find a new agent.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

3-4 weeks quoted by agent to friend doing his on 7th Feb in Pattaya - which really cuts into his 30 day exempt after quarantine !

I don't understand.

He entered Visa Exempt.

How long did he quarantine for?

And after quarantine he went to an agent who is getting him a non O?

At the time the agent took his passport, how much time did he have remaining on his 30 day Visa Exempt?

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only office I am aware of at this time that states more than 15 days is Chiang Mai.

You can do a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry to get more time to the visa application.

Can I get the 30 day extension of the Visa Exempt at any time during the 1st 30 days?

E.g., if 20 days are left on my entry Visa Exempt, I can get an extension at that point?

(With the 30 day extension to begin on the 31st day of my stay).

Edited by JimmyJ

4 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I don't understand.

He entered Visa Exempt.

How long did he quarantine for?

And after quarantine he went to an agent who is getting him a non O?

At the time the agent took his passport, how much time did he have remaining on his 30 day Visa Exempt?

Entered 30 day exempt. He did 7 days AQ, leaving about 3 weeks left. Went agent same day released from AQ. Agent has passport. Agent is very reliable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Can I get the 30 day extension of the Visa Exempt at any time during the 1st 30 days?

That depends upon the office where you apply for the extension. Most will do it 2 weeks early.

The non-o visa application and extension application can be done in the same trip to immigration is you have less than 15 days remaining (or whatever they want).

• Like 1