​​​​​​​Huge 65% Expats say unvaccinated passengers should sit in separate areas on planes

webfact

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes it needs to be said, there are lots of fake PCR tests circulating in certain countries. As for the rest of your post, nothing to do with what I said but amusing

What about fake vaxx certs. What are you going to do?

• Like 1

I just read that 80 percent of hospitalisations in one of Israel's wards are vaccinated - but less than 80.percent of the population is. So this might be a slight advantage for the unvaccinated, being protected from the vaccinated who seem to catch Omicron a bit easier. Anyway, you can watch videos that show how the air is spread in planes, so it wouldn't make much difference in the end. Just shows that the vaccinated are probably still the more fearful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, howlee101 said:

The world will soon transform into Dr. Seuss's "Star-Belly Sneetches".  Not only unvaxed passengers in separate areas, we should even go farther (within those separated areas) by sub-dividing groups based on religion, sexual identity, proof (or not) of childhood vaccines, odor, vegans vs meat eaters, alcoholics vs non-drinkers, political beliefs, annual salary (bring your bank statements and portfolios).....hopefully most will notice my sarcasm....but where does it stop.

Out of all the groups you've listed, are any of their characteristics carried by a pathogen? If not, no problem. So if you want to know where it stops, it stops right there.

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

This is hilarious. People are so ignorant and weak.

There is no evidence of airborne disease spreading thru planes (especially covid) in any amount that is concerning.

If you are that concerned maybe they should not fly at all.

The full air circulation / exchange in a plane is something like 100% turn over in less than five minutes.

You'd think it was Ebola.

Even CNN knows this

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/airplanes-ventilation-study-covid-19/index.html

It's over. Freedom wins

Fine until the person sitting next to you is unvaccinated and unmasked. But hey wouldn’t want to encroach on your freedoms. So tell me about those 5G masts…. And Bill Gates….

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Out of all the groups you've listed, are any of their characteristics carried by a pathogen? If not, no problem. So if you want to know where it stops, it stops right there.

Sorry the sarcasm flew overhead without notice. Using the premise of the OP, all "groups" listed could carry a pathogen since they would be unvaxed.  That being said, fully vaxed people (2 doses plus booster) have gotten Covid...and those who are fully vaxed and previously infected with Covid have again gotten infected (again).  So where does it stop?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, howlee101 said:

Sorry the sarcasm flew overhead without notice. Using the premise of the OP, all "groups" listed could carry a pathogen since they would be unvaxed.  That being said, fully vaxed people (2 doses plus booster) have gotten Covid...and those who are fully vaxed and previously infected with Covid have again gotten infected (again).  So where does it stop?

The sarcasm wasn't unnoticed it was just incompetently executed. As for the value of segregating passengers based on their vaccination status,  I wasn't commenting on that at all.

• Haha 1

And still we continu with separation bs, it doesnt matter. Vaccination is only for yourself, so you dont get real sick and up in hospital.

And even if you are vaccinated , you can end up in hospital. You still can get covid, you can be a carrier.

A QR vaccination code also doesnt prevent anything.

The covid virus is now used for indoctrination of all people, to make lots of them sick, berserk in mind. 

I did 2 shots , only for myself, to protect me. Now they say you need booster, they dont even know when it should be given.

6 Months after shots or earlier or, well they dont know. Israel is already on shot nr 4.

In other countries they are not even on shot nr 1.

Beside all , now they already have and develop medicine for it, so what is the big deal?

Guess that one will only be used for people with money for now. 

The vaccine business is thriving for just 2 companies to get filthy rich.

There is no really fighting covid to save people, it is just business. Money. 

Edited by xtrnuno41
additional text
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Ought to keep all the old expats over 65 dumped in the rear of the plane so they can be safe from infection.

I love the back of the plane, most time there's empty rows of seat, near the bar and most importantly near the poster. By the way I am mid 70s in age. Wink wink nudge nudge. ????

1 hour ago, gerritkaew said:

And put a yellow star on them chest, so we can recognise them.  I see this before in Europe in the 40'...

So the are protected against people who get vaccine and who are dangerous .

Funny, I often see comments from anti-vaxxers about how hysterical and fearful vaccine proponents are. Is it your belief that all that those people wearing yellow stars had to do was get inoculated and they could once again be citizens in good standing?

Your post is just another example of a dismal corollary of Godwin's law.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Personally I'm not bothered whether passengers are vaccinated or not (I am triple vaxxed). However, to resume easier travel why not simply impose following rules for travel to ANY county with NO restrictions on arrival:

1) PCR Test within 48 hours of departure or border crossing (set-up more fast testing locations in/near airports etc.)

2) ALL passengers must have had at least 2 vaccinations

3) NO restrictions on arrival - get on with life

Sooner or later the world is going to have to wake up to the impending economic disaster of reduced travel. Not just tourism but business and development. Look at cities such as London, New York and Bangkok in terms of huge business distress.

Just as a "way to go", the UK has made a good start in recouping the expense of paying thousands of people "furlough" money for sitting on their backsides doing nothing for months on end - they have allowed the Utility Companies to drastically increase their prices - especially Gas and Electricity. This of course means more revenue for the Government in taxes, but also keep the E.O.'s of these companies in a very healthy position financially, thereby ensuring their continued support politically. 

42 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Well, I hope that '65%' haven't any family members that disagree with them. If they have I suppose they would just feel...what? As if people don't have enough hardships in these times, surveys like this encourages rifts between families, friends and generally. What happened to 'the virus is here to stay, we have to learn to live with it.' ?

What if, a fully vax lady is on a flight with her 2 year old does she have to sit in one area and her son sit in another area? Yes this is getting out of hand, and you are right we have to learn to live with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My plane had like 360 seats and 21 passengers - if current thai nonsense in entry restrictions continues this story is a non-starter as everyone literally will have about 18 seats to themselves !

Yet mine were mostly rammed.  In fact, I got upgraded to business from Abu Dhai to Manchester as they'd overbooked economy and everyone showed.

when does the 'vaccination' run out of validity. I had 2 Pfizer and when I had my Pfizer booster the nurse tells I'll need another in 3 months...3 months???? Suppose I don't want any more does that mean when, say in another 6-12 months, I want to travel, will I be classified as 'unvaccinated'?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Would you sit near a leper?

50 years ago I spent a month in Calcutta and their were many lepers in my area , most that I knew where in the latter stages. My good friend had no fingers or nose just a piece of cardboard in his nose. So yes, I would sit by a leper.

• Haha 1