​​​​​​​Huge 65% Expats say unvaccinated passengers should sit in separate areas on planes

webfact

18 minutes ago, poskat said:

not a surprising result considering that most of the participants likely fall into the old/fat/comorbidity group who are likely to die if they got infected.

The troubling issue to me is that we have now had two years with Covid. And many, many of those people with comorbidities have had all that time to exercise, improve their diet, reduce weight, and make themselves more resilient. Few did so, apparently, as this poll indicates they would rather shoot up vaccines and segregate populations than take direct action to help themselves. If we're segregating, we just might be segregating the wrong group of people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My plane had like 360 seats and 21 passengers - if current thai nonsense in entry restrictions continues this story is a non-starter as everyone literally will have about 18 seats to themselves !

Did you amuse yourself by walking plane and counting?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TheScience said:

This is hilarious. People are so ignorant and weak.

There is no evidence of airborne disease spreading thru planes (especially covid) in any amount that is concerning.

If you are that concerned maybe they should not fly at all.

The full air circulation / exchange in a plane is something like 100% turn over in less than five minutes.

You'd think it was Ebola.

This is just propaganda... continuing to push the narrative.

Even CNN knows this

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/airplanes-ventilation-study-covid-19/index.html

It's over. Freedom wins

meme-vaxed-11.jpeg

The best

Separate entrances, separate check in and immigration lanes, separate jet bridges, an impenetrable wall dividing the aircraft from front to rear, separate baggage retrieval belts, separate exits. Separate everything. I don't want to be near unvaccinated Karens and Kens.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you have the budget and its a busy flight then best to book first or business class seats for added protection as Omicron changed the dynamics, last thing I would want is sitting next to an unvaccinated passenger from a country that is known for fake pcr tests.

Airplane Passengers At Least Twice As Likely To Catch Covid-19 Because Of Omicron, Airline Trade Body Says

The omicron variant of the coronavirus raises the risk of infection on board a passenger plane by two or even three-fold, according to the airline industry’s biggest trade body, a finding that may foreshadow an exponential increase in cases as millions of travelers take to the skies to be with their families during the holiday season.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/12/22/airplane-passengers-at-least-twice-as-likely-to-catch-covid-19-because-of-omicron-airline-trade-body-says/?sh=519125c5536b

From you own Forbes article lol

In an interview with Bloomberg, the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) medical adviser David Powell claimed that the risk of transmission on board a plane remains much lower than crowded places on the ground due to the use of hospital-grade air filters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/12/22/airplane-passengers-at-least-twice-as-likely-to-catch-covid-19-because-of-omicron-airline-trade-body-says/?sh=26223f8a536b

17 minutes ago, TheScience said:

From you own Forbes article lol

In an interview with Bloomberg, the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) medical adviser David Powell claimed that the risk of transmission on board a plane remains much lower than crowded places on the ground due to the use of hospital-grade air filters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityaray/2021/12/22/airplane-passengers-at-least-twice-as-likely-to-catch-covid-19-because-of-omicron-airline-trade-body-says/?sh=26223f8a536b

Not sure what you find so funny, I my post stated I would prefer not to sit next to a passenger who is unvaccinated and with a fake PCR test, what is amusing about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The media is trying to equate the unvaccinated with infected.

But I like the idea that the unvaccinated should be allocated a different area - to protect them from the vaccinated who are still capable to transmitting the virus.

Edited by thairookie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheScience said:

You've posted a link to a report from back in October 2020, before the advent of the Delta variant and the current Omicron variant, which is far more transmissible than any of its predecessors.

And you either didn't read, or chose to ignore, one of the cautions in even the old, out-of-date info you posted:

"The study, which was released without peer review, did not take into account other ways that people could catch the virus on aircraft -- including from others coughing or breathing directly on them, from surfaces or from confined spaces such as restrooms."

The HEPA air filtration systems on airplanes do little to nothing to protect you from an infected person who may be sitting next to you or in other close proximity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure what you find so funny, I my post stated I would prefer not to sit next to a passenger who is unvaccinated and with a fake PCR test, what is amusing about that?

Who would? Does that even need to be said?

Or are you inferring that everyone must be 4x vaxed and pcrd 2x for the privilege of flying with you.

Great idea ...charter a a plane and stop complaining and dictating other people's lives.

The article you posted in part was (ironically) how safe flying was compared to other close contact (indoors) proximity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

Separate entrances, separate check in and immigration lanes, separate jet bridges, an impenetrable wall dividing the aircraft from front to rear, separate baggage retrieval belts, separate exits. Separate everything. I don't want to be near unvaccinated Karens and Kens.

Are you going to pay for all

of the extra costs incurred by your ideas ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Who would? Does that even need to be said?

Or are you inferring that everyone must be 4x vaxed and pcrd 2x for the privilege of flying with you.

Great idea ...charter a a plane and stop complaining and dictating other people's lives.

The article you posted in part was (ironically) how safe flying was compared to other close contact (indoors) proximity.

Yes it needs to be said, there are lots of fake PCR tests circulating in certain countries. As for the rest of your post, nothing to do with what I said but amusing

• Haha 1