​​​​​​​Huge 65% Expats say unvaccinated passengers should sit in separate areas on planes

webfact

15 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You can do everything safely if you have had all the jabs.

That includes being near people who have COVID.

Tha'ts what the jabs do.......they protect you against bad COVID effects if you get the bug.

Did they not explain that to you at the clinic?

Do they stop heart attacks and strokes?

• Confused 1

"65 percent of expats say that unvaccinated passengers should be in seperate area of the plane."

Reality:

65 percent of the 500 odd people who filled out a form on here said so. Many who probably aren't even living in here anymore.

That is an insignificant amount of the actual numbers of expats here - there is tens of thousands.

What is the game of the people here who keep cresting these threads recently? All you have done is sown division and created flame threads. I've been lurking this place for years and even at the height of the covid pandemic, stuff like this wasn't posted.

Why now when it is clear we are in an endemic...

25 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

What a great idea, would feel much safer sitting in a section with the unvaccinated. And I hope the pilot would also be unvaccinated for safety sake. 

I think you'll find a close to 100% vaccination rate among pilots. Scared to fly now? ????

• Haha 1

What idiots even voted on this? You would sit separated in the airplane and then still join them elsewhere. Aside of the fact this fear mongering for unvaccinated is so darn old, the risk of having an infected person who did vaccinate himself, is the same. 

In fact, as most people are vaccinated, your chances to get it from a vaccinated person, are bigger. To not even start about the fact the majority here has Sino vaccinations.

Perhaps IQ level is something that adjusts automatically to locals over time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

What idiots even voted on this? You would sit separated in the airplane and then still join them elsewhere. Aside of the fact this fear mongering for unvaccinated is so darn old, the risk of having an infected person who did vaccinate himself, is the same. 

In fact, as most people are vaccinated, your chances to get it from a vaccinated person, are bigger. To not even start about the fact the majority here has Sino vaccinations.

Perhaps IQ level is something that adjusts automatically to locals over time.

Good point, they shouldn't use the air bridge either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Good point, they shouldn't use the air bridge either.

Or any random seat, a virus could still be gotten from the airplane seats on a previous flight, or waiting area seat, or taxi, or restaurant. Might as well give up on life entirely.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Or any random seat, a virus could still be gotten from the airplane seats on a previous flight, or waiting area seat, or taxi, or restaurant.

Agreed but just a lot less chance than actually sitting next to somebody for a long haul flight. The aircraft are also sanitized between flights.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Agreed but just a lot less chance than actually sitting next to somebody for a long haul flight. The aircraft are also sanitized between flights.

''Sanitized'' for your international flights in the 1.5 hours including regular stuff they do you mean? To still not take in consideration every other aspect, the most important one being the fact that vaccinated people still get covid and spread it it, in fact, that is the reason it got worse, as vaccinated people are not tested in most countries but unvaccinated people are.

Worse meaning positive results obviously, a problem never really existed.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

''Sanitized'' for your international flights in the 1.5 hours including regular stuff they do you mean? To still not take in consideration every other aspect, the most important one being the fact that vaccinated people still get covid and transmit it.

Also agreed, just far less likely. A 40% reduction in infections (for omicron) and far less for delta translates into a lot less infections over time.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Also agreed, just far less likely. A 40% reduction in infections (for omicron) and far less for delta translates into a lot less infections over time.

I guess that explains the highest peaks and recorded positive tests in countries with a 90% vaccination rate, but yeah, keep on dreaming and fear mongering. Mean while people with brains continued life 2 years ago.

If the vaccinations are so good, and so much less risk bringing, what do vaccinated people fear? They fear unvaccinated people and want them to vaccinate, with what those who fear, already got.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

65% of expats don't realize it doesn't matter where you sit on  plane,

I did figure 65% of expats here are kind of weird in the first place tho, so it makes sense by poll results. Too bad I am vaccinated, I desire to not sit next to people like this.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you have the budget and its a busy flight then best to book first or business class seats for added protection as Omicron changed the dynamics, last thing I would want is sitting next to an unvaccinated passenger from a country that is known for fake pcr tests.

Meanwhile your lovely stewardess serves both sides and interacts with both side coworkers. Perhaps you should also bring a tank with oxygen in that case, to ensure you not breathe the same air, a full face diving mask be best, to avoid it coming trough your eyes at the same time.

Or just move to Alaska and stay far from humans, they are so dangerous.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Meanwhile your lovely stewardess serves both sides and interacts with both side coworkers. Perhaps you should also bring a tank with oxygen in that case, to ensure you not breathe the same air.

Or just move to Alaska and stay far from humans, they are so dangerous.

Humans have always been dangerous. The issue is best seen as not being totally binary. We should take practical steps to improve our chances, not all or nothing. It seems that the world is largely doing that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Humans have always been dangerous. The issue is best seen as not being totally binary. We should take practical steps to improve our chances, not all or nothing. It seems that the world is largely doing that.

To have caused more poverty than ever, and more deaths due to the lack of healthcare in time, for things that really threaten humans. If they only kept that counter next to the covid deaths, people understood a year ago already. The damage of all this is yet to come.

Meanwhile the biggest risk group is dying of the next generic flu or issue. I'd fear the air pollution in Thailand more if being one of those, huge risk on lung infections and more.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

To have caused more poverty than ever, and more deaths due to the lack of healthcare in time, for things that really threaten humans. If they only kept that counter next to the covid deaths, people understood a year ago already. The damage of all this is yet to come.

The poverty in Australia has increase SINCE we opened up more and omicron got away. Despite the lower fatality rate of omicron, retail sales have collapsed much worse now than when we had more controls in place a few months ago. My friend owns a high end fashion retail shop on the high street and he said it's worse than he has seen it in 12 years that he has owned the shop. He says all retail fashion is dead.

16 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The poverty in Australia has increase SINCE we opened up more and omicron got away. Despite the lower fatality rate of omicron, retail sales have collapsed much worse now than when we had more controls in place a few months ago. My friend owns a high end fashion retail shop on the high street and he said it's worse than he has seen it in 12 years that he has owned the shop. He says all retail fashion is dead.

Obviously poverty increased, as this is time the banks do no longer delay and forgive, as do other collectors not wait longer, and the bankruptcies kick in, that is everywhere. That is the RESULT OF LOCKDOWNS. The exact same thing happens right now in Thailand too, many businesses will close THIS year.

Retail or fashion shopping is dead? Please stop joking, it is up by thousands of percent, but in eCommerce. That is completely irrelevant, he just lost the last little bit of 'old school' audience during the lockdown aside of the fact it would take longer than 3-6 months to rebuild what is left of 'old schoolers'.

This is why those donating meals at the beginning were a laughing stock, where are the same people now to help out? It wil be needed 3x more soon.

16 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

'Israelis over 60 who are either unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated against COVID-19 died in significantly higher numbers last month compared to people in their age cohort who are fully vaccinated, according to official figures published by the Israeli Health Ministry.'

'The numbers show that while only approximately 12 percent of Israelis over 60 are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, together they account for 43 percent of COVID deaths in their age group in the previous month.'

'These numbers highlight once again the stark contrast between the vaccinated and unvaccinated as Israel grapples with the fifth wave of a pandemic that has killed more than 9,000 people since March 2020.'

image.png.99ad375590af9a1dbbb0a8693cdf7ac7.png

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/unvaccinated-vs-boostered-what-the-covid-death-toll-from-israel-reveals-1.10586137

16 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Obviously poverty increased, as this is time the banks do no longer delay and forgive, as do other collectors not wait longer, and the bankruptcies kick in, that is everywhere. That is the RESULT OF LOCKDOWNS. The exact same thing happens right now in Thailand too, many businesses will close THIS year.

Restail shopping is dead? Please stop joking, it is up by thousands of percent, but in eCommerce. That is completely irrelevant, he just lost the last little bit of 'old school' audience during the lockdown aside of the fact it would take longer than 3-6 months to rebuild what is left of 'old schoolers'.

This is why those donating meals at the beginning were a laughing stock, where are the same people now to help out? It wil be needed 3x more soon.

I'm not disputing that e-commerce is up, I specifically referred to the high street retail. Retail sales are down across the board in Australia more recently than ever before because of the infectiousness of omicron. This idea that restrictions are killing the economy is a right wing furphy. There is a pandemic and people expect the government to act accordingly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not disputing that e-commerce is up, I specifically referred to the high street retail. Retail sales are down across the board in Australia more recently than ever before because of the infectiousness of omicron. This idea that restrictions are killing the economy is a right wing furphy. There is a pandemic and people expect the government to act accordingly.

Some businesses went up big time , others like clothes do suffer for quite some time yes . Only e-commerce there is still doing ok ( up many %) . People working a lot more from home and since many work in offices , they do not need/want to buy lots of different clothes for work . Also , nightlife is shut down , another reason why less clothes are bought . On the other side , i do see lot of high value goods changing hands rapid , as part of inflation/investment/just spending ... but they aren't clothes .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sezze said:

Some businesses went up big time , others like clothes do suffer for quite some time yes . Only e-commerce there is still doing ok ( up many %) . People working a lot more from home and since many work in offices , they do not need/want to buy lots of different clothes for work . Also , nightlife is shut down , another reason why less clothes are bought . On the other side , i do see lot of high value goods changing hands rapid , as part of inflation/investment/just spending ... but they aren't clothes .

The sad is that the larger companies increase their monopolies which I think will be the ruin of the economy ultimately.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/pandemic-making-monopolies-worse/614644/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

Just now, ozimoron said:

The sad is that the larger companies increase their monopolies which I think will be the ruin of the economy ultimately.

True , but it is a certain time effect . It will get much worse 1st , and then after you see people wanting to spend a bit more but buy things in a local store again . The big companies wont move , they will remain popular , but after there will be a market again for local stores . Same like for food items , most local stores disappeared in favor of supermarkets , now there is already a shift going on to locally produced and sold products .

• Like 1