Toyota Vigo foggy headlight, want to change them for LED, but too much choice, do you know a good supplier/brand ?

hello, Toyota vigo headlight are foggy and using all tricks to clean outside the headlight is not enough, as it's foggy inside also, so I guess that my only choice is to change them ?

or do you know if it's possible to open the headlights and "clean" inside ?

I could buy new ones with LED maybe, but so many brands and I already know that the quality of those is sometimes very bad and break after few months.

Do you know any reliable brand/seller or directly a link to a lazada or shopee seller ?

Then, is it difficult to change headlights ?

Thank you for the vigo ????

You might get a bit high on those. LED’s are probably a better option.

I’m surprised that the inside of the lens is also foggy, maybe water vapour but should evaporate with use. I think there should be a small hole somewhere to let water allow venting.

• Like 1

The is the fogginess from water condensation (on the inside), or you mean they look misty on the outside. If inside, the seal for the headlight is not goodand would need resealing. If the headlight is old, they do get misty. I fixed my honda headlights by using very fine wet and dry paper (1500/2000 grade) then polishing them. This of course removed the original protective coating, but thats not such a big deal. They can be polished at anytime

For LED's you can use osram or philips. If they don't suit your lens housings though, they can blind oncoming drivers - so if fitted do it in the early evening so you cn check the light pattern. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, ToyotaVigoThailand said:
On 2/23/2022 at 11:11 AM, NanLaew said:

What age Vigo are we talking about?

2012 vigo

They should be H4 globes.

These are original, Japanese and expensive but I am told thay are as-fitted to newer, factory Toyotas.

283085053260?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_https://www.ebay.com/itm/283085053260?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But since you claim it is the outer glass composite lenses that are foggy and discolored, you may need to address that issue first and not waste money on any sort of LED lighting.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

They should be H4 globes.

These are original, Japanese and expensive but I am told thay are as-fitted to newer, factory Toyotas.

283085053260?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_https://www.ebay.com/itm/283085053260?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

But since you claim it is the outer glass composite lenses that are foggy and discolored, you may need to address that issue first and not waste money on any sort of LED lighting.

Thank you, but why so expensive ? is it a standard price for this ?

And changing the bulbs is enough, nothing else to do ?

Thanks again

On 2/26/2022 at 11:45 AM, ToyotaVigoThailand said:

Thank you, but why so expensive ? is it a standard price for this ?

And changing the bulbs is enough, nothing else to do ?

Thanks again

The ones in my link are high-end and allegedly the same ones used by Toyota. The Japanese packaging is a clue.

There's a huge disparity in LED price range which is directly proportional to the quality of the product. The cheaper they are, the more likely they are using cheap LED elements and the light scatter will be horrendous. By the same token, some claiming to have COB LED's and other high-tech specs, commanding a higher price and coming in a fancy box are overpriced Chinese rip-offs.

I say your PRIMARY issue is your foggy lenses on your headlight enclosures and not your globes. Plenty YouTubes on how to pop open, clean and reseal them (if the contamiation is on the inside. Takes about 12 minutes to open one using a large oven and the sealant is available on lazada. But if it is just outer surface oxidization, the next post will help.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1