Thai woman’s attacker appears before New York court charged with robbery and assault last year

webfact

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

They are referring to a second attack he committed 8 hours later. He was caught and  for that, it took a while before they figured out he was also responsible for the assault on the Thai woman that same day

High time his ' shift ' finished. lol .....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

Nearly all of the hate crimes committed against Asians in America are done by African Americans. 

Really…the truth is not as clear cut as you would have us all believe. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1270821

https://www.voanews.com/amp/usa_anti-asian-hate-crime-crosses-racial-and-ethnic-lines/6203679.html

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-we-rise/2021/03/11/why-the-trope-of-black-asian-conflict-in-the-face-of-anti-asian-violence-dismisses-solidarity/amp/

Edited by Bluespunk
Double quote.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

So your sarcastic comment is to point out that these criminals are everywhere? 

Whereas the Thai-bashing brigade on here would like to have us believe that such criminals only exist in LOS, of course.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Biased? The links I posted are based on trustworthy sources and do not try to hide any groups culpability. 

But hey, why let pesky facts get into the way of a narrative. :coffee1:

Edit: and just to be clear I’m not defending the man charged in the OP. I have zero tolerance for filth who sexually assault others. I believe in harsh sentencing for such crimes, regardless of ethnicity of such predatory scum. 

"trustworthy sources" :clap2::cheesy:

Those "pesky facts" ..... Yeah, such as FBI crime statistics.

2 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

So your sarcastic comment is to point out that these criminals are everywhere?  You may have a point...

From Reuters concerning Arbery:

In 2013, a year after he graduated from high school, he went back on campus to attend a basketball game and was found with a pistol in his waistband. He was given five years of probation.

In 2017, he was arrested for attempted shoplifting of a television from a local Walmart. A judge extended the term of his original probation, which he was still serving when he died, court records show.

Defense attorneys wanted to tell the jury about those incidents, but the judge said no, ruling that the defendants could not have known anything about Arbery's legal troubles or probation status.

I wonder why Arbery, who supposedly was just out for a jog, routinely interrupted his jogs to snoop around in houses that were under construction.  Unfortunate for him that there was a history of theft of property at other construction sites in the neighborhood.   I'm sure an upstanding citizen like Arbery had no knowledge of those thefts and was only trespassing on the unattended construction sites because of an interest in architecture.

That may all very well be true, but it’s still no reason for those three guys to do what they did, is it? Just go on Youtube and see the astonishing number of videos of black men being harassed by (mainly) white people, just for entering the apartment building where they live, or sitting in the lobby of the hotel they’re staying at, or washing their car in the driveway of their own home, or being an estate agent going into a house to show it to potential clients. The list is endless. Racism is very much a part of life in the USA. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

That may all very well be true, but it’s still no reason for those three guys to do what they did, is it? Just go on Youtube and see the astonishing number of videos of black men being harassed by (mainly) white people, just for entering the apartment building where they live, or sitting in the lobby of the hotel they’re staying at, or washing their car in the driveway of their own home, or being an estate agent going into a house to show it to potential clients. The list is endless. Racism is very much a part of life in the USA. 

You are obviously not an American.  I encourage you to find more reliable sources than YouTube before you make blanket statements about "life in the USA".

If you go on YouTube and search "white racism against blacks", guess what you will find.  Videos of whites being racist against blacks.  Does that mean that black on white racism doesn't happen?  No, it does not.  I have lived in predominantly blacks communities and have been discriminated against.  Property vandalized.  Threatening racist messages on my answering machine (remember those?).  Negative comments made about me between two blacks in a tone of voice designed for me to hear.  I was guilty of being their neighbor and having a job.  Nothing more.

Vigilantism is not acceptable, however, if a person leads a life in which they do not obey the law, they are more likely to eventually have a problem with vigilantism.  Especially in cities/communities that are defunding the police.  Also, Arbery tried to wrestle the gun out of the hands of the gun owner.  I'm sorry, but Arbery was an idiot.  He didn't deserve to die, but he made so many bad decisions in life, it is not surprising he's dead.  The most important point is to recognize that he did not die because of his race alone.  That is what the media wants you to believe.  That is the current narrative.  That is the narrative you are promoting with your comments.  That is the narrative that gets people excited and keeps them engaged on whatever platform is selling that lie.  It's all about clicks, screen views and selling advertising.  That is what you will find on YouTube.  It is false and harmful to our society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please stay on topic.

There is no indication at all that this attack (on the Thai woman) was due to her being Asian. The attacker has a very, very long history of attacks (and even attacked another woman hours after attacking the Thai woman) and most of his victims were not Asian.