Certifying Documents

Best to contact your pension provider, if they will accept a lawyer's certification before proceeding . I suspect copies of the original documents and the translated English versions will all need to be certified.   

I have used a Thai lawyer's office in Surin to translate/certify Thai documents to English and US applications that were accepted by the IRS, my state DMV and local government agency in the US. The charge was 1,000 baht a page and I am sure the cost varies.

My UK pension provider has always accepted notarized copies of my passport for proof of life which I get from a lawyer in Pattaya.(Living Law) All they are doing is notarizing that the person before then is the same person as on the ID card or Passport. Key Visa have also notarized for me and my pension provider can check the certifying parties credentials on the Thai professional bodies web sites

I had my Thai marriage and other documents translated into English by one of several companies that offer the service in the Trendy building, Bangkok Soi 13, Sukhumvit, for my pension provider without any problems.

It's the same building that VFS operate from that does UK passports and visas.