Building a new house in Isaan

Encid

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But will that one change power depending on how many taps you open?

It is not necessary to change power but if the pressure drops the pump will cycle. The more taps that are open the more often it will cycle. The size/power of the pump is selected to be able to supply water to all faucets and a number of floors. This is normally what you would look for in the pump spec.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Really?  What, by turning down a valve?

A feedback loop that monitors the flow rate and adjusts the pump speed via a PID controller.......that can't be beyond the wit of man.

https://www.mcmaster.com › constant-flow-rate-pumps

Edited by Will B Good

56 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Same here. Will be building in Kalasin later this year. Need approval of the construction from the Tesaban and only when the house is fully completed, i.e. liveable, will we get the House Registration from the Ampur. 

that's the way it works in the area in and around Chiangmai .       

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Or you could get this one 

https://shopee.co.th/ปั๊มน้ำอัตโนมัติ-WP-305-R-ปั๊มน้ำ-MITSUBISHI-Water-Pump-Series-R-ขนาด-300w-i.404460211.2929306950?sp_atk=764016e3-d202-48a5-9d53-7a5b8c08b5ed

It's what I've got and never a problem of not enough water. Very reliable at 6900 Baht.

The first one I had was a Grundfoss 1100 Watt. Still got it if you want. I stopped using it when I went solar.

I have one that looks almost identical in my house in Bangkok. It came with the house when I bought the house from its previous owner nearly 6 years ago so at least 6 years old and still going strong.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Muhendis said:

It is not necessary to change power but if the pressure drops the pump will cycle. The more taps that are open the more often it will cycle. The size/power of the pump is selected to be able to supply water to all faucets and a number of floors. This is normally what you would look for in the pump spec.

Did you read a part of the Manual I linked?

For example this pump has an Anti-cycling function!

5.6.6 - AY: Anti Cycling
As described in paragraph 9, this function is for avoiding frequent switch-
ing on and off in the case of leaks in the system. The function can be
enabled in 2 different modes, normal and smart. In normal mode the elec
tronic control blocks the motor after N identical start/stop cycles. In smart mode it acts on the parameter RP to reduce the negative effects due to leaks. If set on “Disable”, the function does not intervene.

5.6.7 - AE: Enabling the anti-block function
This function is for avoiding mechanical blocks in the case of long inactiv-
ity; it acts by periodically rotating the pump.
When the function is enabled, every 23 hours the pump performs an un-
blocking cycle lasting 1 min

Edited by MJCM

14 hours ago, rumak said:

that's the way it works in the area in and around Chiangmai .       

Buriram must be different then. But that said TiT!!

We got it in the 1st house when we even didn't start construction. 2nd House after the toilet was finished!. House was sort of liveable but for example the Windows weren't even fitted yet!

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Buriram must be different then. But that said TiT!!

We got it in the 1st house when we even didn't start construction. 2nd House after the toilet was finished!. House was sort of liveable but for example the Windows weren't even fitted yet!

when i had land out in the country ( rural area)   i went and told the tesabahn that we wanted to build on the land.     asked anything we need to submit .     "nope,  just go ahead " .    But,  got the tabien bahn and address AFTER ..... with a photo or two showing it

17 minutes ago, rumak said:

when i had land out in the country ( rural area)   i went and told the tesabahn that we wanted to build on the land.     asked anything we need to submit .     "nope,  just go ahead " .    But,  got the tabien bahn and address AFTER ..... with a photo or two showing it

How long ago was this? (Things change even here in Thailand :whistling: )

(What can be straightforward in one Amphur/Province can be a pain in the .... in another one)

When we build this house (2 years ago) (and YES we are in a rural area as well) we had to get a building permit, to get that we needed to submit architect drawings etc etc etc even a form that had to be signed by all neighbors that they approve that we are going to build!

For your reading pleasure here all the documents I needed (listed by the local Tessabaan)

doc2.JPG.913dce24b738e6674614302d2b8a21a3.JPG

doc1.JPG.b948d91a415b40148088677dbe5f61fd.JPG

doc4.JPG.c0d2a39109d40a651c086a16988ebe27.JPG

doc3.JPG.b6a6dbe0a04ca887b9de04d6314bde93.JPG

doca.JPG.5474b38724980b30031adc6cb4cea606.JPG

Edited by MJCM

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Did you read a part of the Manual I linked?

For example this pump has an Anti-cycling function!

Yes I read the manual and noted the following:

1.   The pump motor is inverter driven  therefore speed is adjustable.

2.  There is a small pressure vessel included. (That'l be the bladder tank).

3.  The suggestion is mentioned that an external pressure vessel/tank can be added if you want. Why? Because the internal one is a bit on the small side.

4.  The anti cycling function is actually a low pressure setting so that the leak (which got ignored) won't cause the pump to run until pressure has got ridiculously       low. 

It's a nice application of technology but rather expensive for it's purpose which is to get water to come out the tap when you turn it on.

I think I will stick with what I've got for now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

3.  The suggestion is mentioned that an external pressure vessel/tank can be added if you want. Why? Because the internal one is a bit on the small side.

Yeah but we never had an issue in our old house or new house that the pump wasn't adequate.

In the old house we have 2 bathrooms and when we had family over this small tank was more then capable of supplying water at a constant pressure (which is adjustable) to 2 showers, 2 taps running and a toilet! (At the same time)

I already said it wasn't cheap! But I am more then happy with it, and I also had my dealings with Hitachi and Mitsu Inverters. (Super Pump) (This one: http://www.pumps-thailand.com/index.php/ปั๊มน้ำอัตโนมัติ/mitsubishi-ปั๊มน้ำอัตโนมัติ-รุ่น-umch-905s-900-วัตต์-ขนาดท่อ-1x1-นิ้ว-ไฟฟ้า-220-โวลท์-detail

Edit: And they are approx in the same price range!

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

How long ago was this? (Things change even here in Thailand :whistling: )

(What can be straightforward in one Amphur/Province can be a pain in the .... in another one)

When we build this house (2 years ago) (and YES we are in a rural area as well) we had to get a building permit, to get that we needed to submit architect drawings etc etc etc even a form that had to be signed by all neighbors that they approve that we are going to build!

For your reading pleasure here all the documents I needed (listed by the local Tessabaan)

doc2.JPG.913dce24b738e6674614302d2b8a21a3.JPG

doc1.JPG.b948d91a415b40148088677dbe5f61fd.JPG

doc4.JPG.c0d2a39109d40a651c086a16988ebe27.JPG

doc3.JPG.b6a6dbe0a04ca887b9de04d6314bde93.JPG

doca.JPG.5474b38724980b30031adc6cb4cea606.JPG

7 years ago ,,,,, 70 km from Chiangmai       BUT ...... each district can be different, as we all should know !!     When i sold the land the Land Office was a bit of a pain in the butt  (nothing to do with the tessabahn) .     I am now 20 km from CM  but this is not "rural"  as CM  is growing outward in all directions.    Needed house plans,  buiding permit .   BIGGEST SUGGESTION  i have after many years here is to have the building dept from YOUR tessabahn (talk to HEAD man)  draw up the plans .   Will cost usually less than an architect AND your road will be smooooothe.   Smile,  ask questions (in thai preferably) , but do not try to act like a know it all .   As everywhere,  they enjoy feeling looked up to . 

Helps to have some previous experience doing a house in thailand before..... but we all have to start with a "first time" .

Listening and believing "my friend did this......"    or  my wifes brother is a builder ..... etc etc  will have varying results.    I am probably the best person to ask  (cough cough)  ...  but i hate giving advice because nobody ever takes it .

Edited by rumak

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

i have after many years here is to have the building dept from YOUR tessabahn (talk to HEAD man)  draw up the plans .   Will cost usually less than an architect AND your road will be smooooothe.   Smile,  ask questions (in thai preferably) , but do not try to act like a know it all .   As everywhere,  they enjoy feeling looked up to . 

Helps to have some previous experience doing a house in thailand before..... but we all have to start with a "first time" .

If you read my earlier posts about this, we did exactly that, got even the Architect from the Tessabaan to design the house, but in the end we used our own architect drawings to build the house and it was cheap to use the Tessabaan architect.

And by using the Tessabaan's architect we got approval very quick as the design was also signed off by the Tessabaan Engineer and before we build we also had the Land Office come and confirm the land markers.

The trickiest bit (for us in the end) was to get the signatures of the Neighbors (read landowners) because it was height of Covid wave 1 and 2 out of 3 landowners live in BKK!!

But our Village Chief (very nice guy (not the same as the ..... in our old village) made that possible!

• Like 1

All of our new power poles have now been installed and back-filled with concrete.

Running the power cable is starting today...

276987129_825763281753424_4702849268633839281_n.thumb.jpg.ba2e7fe73354bbc660ff6506f6f8fe1b.jpg

277076206_3045869855674894_7881507532265248742_n.thumb.jpg.e785dde6f6a85b60884ca19d36af713c.jpg

275754230_315385547356489_6527415978279273314_n.thumb.jpg.932a6451c6c71d4c4c85f1e33f4a1a0b.jpg

277314714_300502822199028_4347891261722859426_n.thumb.jpg.f4ee1873f23f745f619895259a0516f5.jpg

276986340_710891580090035_118567296055700638_n.thumb.jpg.50972b6f1127b3b9e4fc32560604de16.jpg

276008262_2063139597179639_4835983087752222305_n.thumb.jpg.a88c1e2f78290c53f2e18b02f2e7cd93.jpg

Edited by Encid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

WOW @Encid

You are making good progress!!!

It really has progressed significantly over the past week hey?

We need to get the sloping walls planted out then it will be time to slow down... let the weather do it's work and let the soil compact.

We will travel up on Monday for a first hand look-see.

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I never new that you needed the neighbours approval. Just that you could not build your home within 2 meters of your neighbours property. 

That's news to me (and my wife) too.

Something else to look into for next week's agenda.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

If you read my earlier posts about this, we did exactly that, got even the Architect from the Tessabaan to design the house, but in the end we used our own architect drawings to build the house and it was cheap to use the Tessabaan architect.

And by using the Tessabaan's architect we got approval very quick as the design was also signed off by the Tessabaan Engineer and before we build we also had the Land Office come and confirm the land markers.

The trickiest bit (for us in the end) was to get the signatures of the Neighbors (read landowners) because it was height of Covid wave 1 and 2 out of 3 landowners live in BKK!!

But our Village Chief (very nice guy (not the same as the ..... in our old village) made that possible!

good work !   maybe both our "experiences"  can be useful for others here.       so many seem to run into problems .        

15 minutes ago, Encid said:

That's news to me (and my wife) too.

Something else to look into for next week's agenda.

Sorry perhaps not very clear. You need to have a minimum distance between your house and the boundry of your property of 2 meters. This was introduced no too long ago. 

The person who built next door to where we will be building built his house right up to his boundry, but he built his house before the law/regulations changed. However, I will be building later this year but cannot be any closer to the fence separating our properties than 2 meters.    

Built my place in 07 out here in the boonies of South Phetchabun. We had to go to Tessaban for some <deleted>, but the architect there drew up plans for us. Cost about 3500 Baht

Of course the builder had other ideas and just gave a cursory look over the plans. Again he was *family", so. No issue... 

Tessaban did send some electrician bod to come around to check all was good. 

This all in the heady days of 69 B to £1 and 3 red bricks for 1 Baht. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I never new that you needed the neighbours approval. Just that you could not build your home within 2 meters of your neighbours property. 

It all depends which Amphur / Province / Official / Tessabaan you are dealing with!!!

Ours when we applied was like that, but YMMV!

• Like 1

On a related matter, can anyone recommend builders/contruction companies in the Kalasin area (Kalasin, Udorn, Khon Kaen, Mahasarakam). I have contacted 4 different companies so far, only 3 of which will build to your own plans, namely:

Gold House Property (Mahasarakam);

TC House (Khon Kaen); and

TTK aka Tong Tavee Kun Engineering (located in Roi-Et but has built a lot of houses in Kham Muang, Kalasin. If you search online you need to search in Thai language for this one บริษัททองทวีคูณวิศวกรรมจำกัด) 

My plans will be completed in a couple of weeks and I would like to send them out for quotes, so would like to have a few more companies I could target. I do not wish to go with the local builders as I have heard far too many horror stories. I am willing to pay a bit more for a professional builder/company. It is not necessary for them to speak English as I can speak Thai. 

10 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Sorry perhaps not very clear. You need to have a minimum distance between your house and the boundry of your property of 2 meters. This was introduced no too long ago. 

The person who built next door to where we will be building built his house right up to his boundry, but he built his house before the law/regulations changed. However, I will be building later this year but cannot be any closer to the fence separating our properties than 2 meters.    

YMMV but we were only told NOT TO build our wall right on the road but 2 meters out, but We stayed safe on build the wall approx 10 meters from the road.

And in whole honesty it's not the road they are looking at, but where the electric pole (PEA) is. Ours (PEA pole) is approx 3 meters (inwards) from the road, but still on government land!

3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

On a related matter, can anyone recommend builders/contruction companies in the Kalasin area (Kalasin, Udorn, Khon Kaen, Mahasarakam). I have contacted 4 different companies so far, only 3 of which will build to your own plans, namely:

Gold House Property (Mahasarakam);

TC House (Khon Kaen); and

TTK aka Tong Tavee Kun Engineering (located in Roi-Et but has built a lot of houses in Kham Muang, Kalasin. If you search online you need to search in Thai language for this one บริษัททองทวีคูณวิศวกรรมจำกัด) 

My plans will be completed in a couple of weeks and I would like to send them out for quotes, so would like to have a few more companies I could target. I do not wish to go with the local builders as I have heard far too many horror stories. I am willing to pay a bit more for a professional builder/company. It is not necessary for them to speak English as I can speak Thai. 

I think it would be better if you created a topic in the Isaan forum https://aseannow.com/forum/32-isaan-forum/

to get people respond from those Areas. We are in Buriram and know a really good builder (build 2 houses for us but he has it it's quirks though) but I doubt he will goto Kalasin for a house build ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GarryP said:

TC House (Khon Kaen)

This is the builder we have been dealing with.

Khun Dook is a pleasure to work with and his ideas have already saved us money. He can also speak some English which is certainly useful for me because my Thai is limited to conversational only, and building terms are out of my (current) comprehension level.

Someone else mentioned him and his company on this forum a while ago (but I cannot remember who) and I made note of it, checked out his Facebook page, and made contact.

He has gone out of his way to help us so far (even sleeping on site with his workers whilst our power poles and cables are run).

I have been very impressed so far.

Edited by Encid
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, rumak said:

good work !   maybe both our "experiences"  can be useful for others here.       so many seem to run into problems .        

Thx and agreed, but the issue mainly is, as you already said

2 hours ago, rumak said:

but i hate giving advice because nobody ever takes it .

And people are still finding it strange that (before we got the Building permit) that we had to go to the local Anamai (local village hospital) to get them to sign off on the toilet build thus to be able to get the House Book!

As already said, someone living in province 1 and someone else living in another one doesn't mean that ALL procedures are the same because they live in different provinces!!!!!

:wai:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yes I am aware of that requirement.

What I was not aware of was that you needed your neighbour's approval for you to build on your own rural property (not village).

My wife scoffed at that when I mentioned it... she says we can do what we like on our own land!

Time to talk with the Pooyai Baan I think...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

You can actually build closer if there are no windows facing the neighbour. there is an absolute ban on water from your property going next door,

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Encid said:

Yes I am aware of that requirement.

What I was not aware of was that you needed your neighbour's approval for you to build on your own rural property (not village).

My wife scoffed at that when I mentioned it... she says we can do what we like on our own land!

Time to talk with the Pooyai Baan I think...

Don't worry!

It was in our case a requirement from our LOCAL Tessabaan.

Just find out of your property fails under Tessabaan or Opotor Only

And then take the appropriate action

In our case (again YMMV) Opotor was EASY but dealing with Tessabaan was just giving them pieces of paper to keep their "shredder / Storage keeper" happy!

• Like 1