Building a new house in Isaan

Encid

5 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Looks OK but what about maintenance. How will you clear out the sediment etc.

Here's some pictures of mine.

I have two water sources. Surface well (5.5 metres depth) and bore hole (51 metres depth)

Bore hole is 2000 ppm calcium so it is only for emergency.

Filters are 2x carbon and 1x resin all can be backflushed and the resin rejuvenated with brine.

That white box in pic 1 is the surface well pump.

Storage tank (pic 2) is 2000 Litre with level sensors.

Control box on wall to auto select pump and detect fault conditions.

Yellow pump next to tank to supply house.

Third picture is hot water tank supplied from flat panel heat exchanger on roof.

filters.thumb.jpg.43d3ef77f77f560e908549141835bf53.jpg

Storage Control Pump.jpg

Hot Water.jpg

Do you have a constant flow pump?.....If so, can you adjust the flow rate?

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Might be talking out of my ****, but you might want to check with the head honcho about wall height.

Only needed (AFAIK) if your property falls under the "jurisdiction" of the Amphur./Tessabaan If so then it's a bit of a hassle, with approved house plans etc etc but that said it wouldn't hurt to talk to the Phoo Yai!

1- Old House was build in the Sticks with No Tessabaan dealing with it, only the "OpoTor". We just said we going to build a house and he said oke. (It helped he was our neighbor)

2- Current House was also build in the sticks but with the local Tessbaan having Jurisdiction. Before we build we had to get approval from them, but all it meant was having REAL architect house plans (we used the Tessabaan's architect (very cheap) and approval was a breeze. 1st guess when we went ooh this is going to be difficult but by using the Tessabaan's architect then approval was done in days. (Ps: We didn't use the Tessabaan's architect plans but our own one architects :whistling: )

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Might get something like this.....555

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 17.30.40.jpg

Looks like the gates to Mordor!

Are you going to stick a tacky family crest on it too?

19 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Do you have a constant flow pump?.....If so, can you adjust the flow rate?

The house supply pump is a 300W constant pressure pump (Mitsubishi) with bladder tank operating at about 2 bar.

Flow is adjustable by varying the faucet to allow more or less water to flow out. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The house supply pump is a 300W constant pressure pump (Mitsubishi) with bladder tank operating at about 2 bar.

Flow is adjustable by varying the faucet to allow more or less water to flow out. :thumbsup:

I've gone for 350W Hatachi constant flow (I think) with a small bladder tank.

I understand (now) what a big pressure tank does.....but what does that tiny bladder tank achieve......sorry to keep asking questions.

On 3/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, Encid said:

7. Obtain Tabien Baan - November 2022.

8. Begin construction of Main House - January 2023.

@Encid

Just my 2 cents (maybe your situation is different)

You are going to apply for Tabien Baan and then build main house.

When we build our old house we had the tabien baan before we even had started on the build of house, but that was because of the easiness in our old village.

BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT in our current house, there was a bit of hassle of getting the Tabien Baan, we had to do the following to get it

1- Give them pictures of the Toilet / Bathroom area so the toilet was the first thing that was finished in the house (a makeshift toilet wasn't accepted (we asked)

2- Give them pictures of the Front / Back / Side of the house

This was not requested by the tessabaan / Amphur but by the local "Anamai" (village hospital) who gave the approval and with their piece of paper my wife could get the Tabien Baan.

A bit of bureaucratic nightmare if you ask me but it worked out.

I certainly hope you don't run into this issue!

Ps: They never came and check but they accepted the pictures!

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I've gone for 350W Hatachi constant flow (I think) with a small bladder tank.

I understand (now) what a big pressure tank does.....but what does that tiny bladder tank achieve......sorry to keep asking questions.

The pressure is fairly constant over a reasonable flow rate and the pump will cycle on and off to maintain that. If taking a shower the pump will cycle maybe a couple of times to maintain pressure and hence flow. A big tank will probably cycle once every three showers for example and the pump may run longer but it depends how it's set up.

Big tank = big money

Small tank = small money

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@Encid

Just my 2 cents (maybe your situation is different)

You are going to apply for Tabien Baan and then build main house.

When we build our old house we had the tabien baan before we even had started on the build of house, but that was because of the easiness in our old village.

BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT in our current house, there was a bit of hassle of getting the Tabien Baan, we had to do the following to get it

1- Give them pictures of the Toilet / Bathroom area so the toilet was the first thing that was finished in the house (a makeshift toilet wasn't accepted (we asked)

This was not requested by the tessabaan / Amphur but by the local "Anamai" (village hospital) who gave the approval and with their piece of paper my wife could get the Tabien Baan.

A bit of bureaucratic nightmare if you ask me but it worked out.

I certainly hope you don't run into this issue!

Ps: They never came and check but they accepted the pictures!

OH!

Been told we cannot apply for the TB until all external windows and doors are fitted and water and electricity are up and running???

They won't even give us an address till all that is done?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

OH!

Been told we cannot apply for the TB until all external windows and doors are fitted and water and electricity are up and running???

Same here. Will be building in Kalasin later this year. Need approval of the construction from the Tesaban and only when the house is fully completed, i.e. liveable, will we get the House Registration from the Ampur. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The pressure is fairly constant over a reasonable flow rate and the pump will cycle on and off to maintain that. If taking a shower the pump will cycle maybe a couple of times to maintain pressure and hence flow. A big tank will probably cycle once every three showers for example and the pump may run longer but it depends how it's set up.

Big tank = big money

Small tank = small money

Got it.......will see how the pump goes....can always retrofit a pressure tank if need be.

My big worry now is there is no venting of any soil pipes and I have little confidence that the septic tanks have been set up properly.......????......I should have got more involved as it was being built.

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

OH!

That's not really a surprise is it?

Tabien Baan shows the address where you live. If there is no house how can you live there?

4 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

That's not really a surprise is it?

Tabien Baan shows the address where you live. If there is no house how can you live there?

From MCJM....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

OH!

Different province different rules (TiT)

For us it was Toilet finished and that was it (Current house that is

Ps: This was 2020)

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

From MCJM....

True!!

We lived during construction in a Hotel and my wife was moved over into the Tabien Baan of the House that wasn't even finished yet!!

Edited by MJCM
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Got it.......will see how the pump goes....can always retrofit a pressure tank if need be.

The pressure tank is really a must have because there needs to be some form of automatic pump control. Water is needed when the faucet is opened the pressure of the water does this either by a gravity fed system (no pump) or a pressure tank system. If the pressure drops with a pressure tank system the pump will run to maintain it. The pump is controlled by a pressure sensor switch.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Same here. Will be building in Kalasin later this year. Need approval of the construction from the Tesaban and only when the house is fully completed, i.e. liveable, will we get the House Registration from the Ampur. 

Need a visit to the local Village Hospital as well (Anamai). I still don't understand why that is! Can someone explain that???

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The pressure tank is really a must have because there needs to be some form of automatic pump control. Water is needed when the faucet is opened the pressure of the water does this either by a gravity fed system (no pump) or a pressure tank system. If the pressure drops with a pressure tank system the pump will run to maintain it. The pump is controlled by a pressure sensor switch.

Arrrgghhh.......!!!

Need to do some research!!!

25 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That's another reason why we are building the Guest House first.

It will be build to my standards, not to local Thai standards.

By having a Tabien Baan the PEA gives you a different "domestic electricity supply" rate, as opposed to the more expensive "casual" rate which is what we will be on at first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Encid said:

That's another reason why we are building the Guest House first.

It will be build to my standards, not to local Thai standards.

By having a Tabien Baan the PEA gives you a different "domestic electricity supply" rate, as opposed to the more expensive "casual" rate which is what we will be on at first.

We were on that for 4-5 months as well

Just make sure you don't get any surprises. As @Will B Good said talk to the Village Chief and ask him if you should get approval from Tessabaan / Amphur or not? If you know the local OpoTor then it's also good to talk to!!

The OpoTor in our old village dealt with everything for us!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Have to get the wife to explain........might revert to a bucket and concrete tank at this rate.

We have this pump and even I take a shower, my wife doing the dishes and we have the bathroom taps running the same amount of water is coming out of all of them.. The Pump changes speed! and will put out a constant BAR!

Price approx 17-20k THB!

@Muhendis Bob @RST put me on to this one!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MJCM said:

We have this pump and even I take a shower, my wife doing the dishes and we have the bathroom taps running the same amount of water is coming out of all of them.. The Pump changes speed! and will put a constant BAR!

Price approx 17-20k THB!

Or you could get this one 

https://shopee.co.th/ปั๊มน้ำอัตโนมัติ-WP-305-R-ปั๊มน้ำ-MITSUBISHI-Water-Pump-Series-R-ขนาด-300w-i.404460211.2929306950?sp_atk=764016e3-d202-48a5-9d53-7a5b8c08b5ed

It's what I've got and never a problem of not enough water. Very reliable at 6900 Baht.

The first one I had was a Grundfoss 1100 Watt. Still got it if you want. I stopped using it when I went solar.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Muhendis said:

https://shopee.co.th/ปั๊มน้ำอัตโนมัติ-WP-305-R-ปั๊มน้ำ-MITSUBISHI-Water-Pump-Series-R-ขนาด-300w-i.404460211.2929306950?sp_atk=764016e3-d202-48a5-9d53-7a5b8c08b5ed

It's what I've got and never a problem of not enough water. Very reliable at 6900 Baht.

The first one I had was a Grundfoss 1100 Watt. Still got it if you want. I stopped using it when I went solar.

But will that one change power depending on how many taps you open? And will you be able to change the BAR it's set at? This one can change

here the manual for it (just have a look at the options you can set)

AES-DAB-ESYBOX-MINI-Instruction-Manual.pdf

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

Wow thanks......but already bought something very similar to your new one.....the Hatcahi 350W XX......going see if that works okay without the pressure tank......but thanks for the offer...very kind.