DICKENS: Tale of Two Cities… Would you take the rap for the BF of a girl you loved, even if it meant having your GF fall into the arms of the man you secretly despised?

GammaGlobulin

Strange post indeed. There is a whole subculture in this world, who absolutely refuse to work for a living, and instead like to prey on those who are vulnerable, naive, dumb, and easy victims. It is our responsibility to be careful, prudent, willing to do some vetting, some research, some due diligence, anytime we part with cash. Especially online. Dealing with Ebay, Lazada, Amazon is one thing. You have recourse. But, dealing with Facebook vendors, Instagram, Youtube, dating sites, or any other social media, the scammers outweigh the real deals. People get taken every day. I get junk emails offering me at least $100 million a month.

Two Thai friends of mine, recently paid 80,000 baht each to an agency, for overseas work. They went to Bangkok, to take an english language proficiency test, then never heard back. Later, they found out they were scammed, along with 100 others.

My question to them was, what kind of due diligence work did you do? Did you ask for references from people who had already worked overseas, under that program? They claimed it was a govt. program, administered under the department of labor. Did you ever call the department of labor to inquire? Did you ask to see the license, or the contracts first? Why was the money sent by wire transfer? Why was it sent to an individual, rather than an official agency. There were red flags everywhere you looked, yet you continued to believe, and ended up totally duped.

These scam people are parasites, they barely deserve the oxygen they consume, and we must do everything in our power to deny the online worms. And if possible, everything in our power to go after them if we can find them, and inflict punishment upon them. 

Edited by spidermike007

On 2/20/2022 at 9:11 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

IF it meant giving up your own life, for the good of a young child, and her freedom, then would you turn yourself in, just to save a younger life?

Would depend entirely on the child- if my own I might.

I went through a phase in life when I would have died for my friends, till I realised none of them would die for me, so that phase was over.

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Strange post indeed. There is a whole subculture in this world, who absolutely refuse to work for a living, and instead like to prey on those who are vulnerable, naive, dumb, and easy victims. It is our responsibility to be careful, prudent, willing to do some vetting, some research, some due diligence, anytime we part with cash. Especially online. Dealing with Ebay, Lazada, Amazon is one thing. You have recourse. But, dealing with Facebook vendors, Instagram, Youtube, dating sites, or any other social media, the scammers outweigh the real deals. People get taken every day. I get junk emails offering me at least $100 million a month.

Two Thai friends of mine, recently paid 80,000 baht each to an agency, for overseas work. They went to Bangkok, to take an english language proficiency test, then never heard back. Later, they found out they were scammed, along with 100 others.

My question to them was, what kind of due diligence work did you do? Did you ask for references from people who had already worked overseas, under that program? They claimed it was a govt. program, administered under the department of labor. Did you ever call the department of labor to inquire? Did you ask to see the license, or the contracts first? Why was the money sent by wire transfer? Why was it sent to an individual, rather than an official agency. There were red flags everywhere you looked, yet you continued to believe, and ended up totally duped.

These scam people are parasites, they barely deserve the oxygen they consume, and we must do everything in our power to deny the online worms. And if possible, everything in our power to go after them if we can find them, and inflict punishment upon them. 

Sadly the scum scammers have been around ever since mankind emerged from the cave. IMO they usually wore funny hats.

Unfortunately, as the world's population increased they became even more prolific. They succeed because good people want to believe that everyone is good, but IMO the bad outnumber the good now.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, spidermike007 said:

Scammers are the worst of the worst. And, somehow, when one is scammed, the pain is the deepest.

Hard to trust again.....!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Boyn said:

Jesus christ i just wandered into this post ,<deleted> is it all about ? whatever you are on fella i would cut down a bit.

I know:  I LOVE Celtic Music.  Celtic music is what I am on.  No need to cutdown on it.  Too Great!  Also, Dickens...was there ever a greater writer....?  Only a very, very few.