What is the (hallucinogenic) "Secret" of Siam restaurant in Las Vegas?

Jingthing

Hey, JingThing.... I have been watching this strange story, just as you.

There is no evidence, really, that this is real.

If this turns out to be bogus, then, this will represent just another very sad affair.

Feel sorry for the owners of this restaurant.

No restaurant would intentionally sabotage one's own eatery, especially in this economy.

NG!

(Do you love MSG? I do. And, MSG is like manna from heaven to me. I mean, MSG fears are just another type of mass hysteria, same as crop circles. In America, we find people who are deeply religeous and also the same people who are open to being persuaded by things like love of Trump, etc, etc, etc.)

So few, in America, practice the all-important precepts of the Scientific Method.

Welcome to the Dark Ages, the state of affairs rampant in much of America, when we talk about much of American Thought, these days.

Fortunately, at MIT, and Caltech, Richard Dawkins rules.

Richard Dawkins is a very nice guy.  He loves to wear ties painted by his wife, and is so proud to do so.

Sad to see a restaurant crucified, as seems to be happening.

The owners do not deserve this.

(I love Thai food.)

CropCircleW.jpg.2e58191e9e354430795bfa23e7c5983e.jpg

Apparently, just reading the news, it seems that the virus may have augmented anti-Asian sentiment in America, though I have no personal knowledge of this.

Prejudice and bias based on race, ethnicity, or if one might talk with a lithp, for example, is pretty disgusting.

Hope that Siam owners can recover, soon.

Hope that Siam owners have insurance coverage to protect their losses due to this very unfair fiasco.

This things seems just so very unfair.

Makes one feel rather angry.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Well I don't really know.

My first impression is that it was probably mass hysteria or if not a disgruntled employee. 

YES.

These are the two most likely causes for this terrible fiasco.

And, all we can hope is that:  Whatever happens in Las Vegas will remain in Las Vegas.

I watched the clip, sounds like speculation. 

If it turns out to be something from weed it is not an intentional ingredient: the stuff costs $$$.  Could be something like a kitchen worker had a stash in his pocket and his parole officer dropped in to check up on him, and in his haste tossed it into whatever was cooking.  If so, I would guess it was in the form of a concentrate.

Perhaps sabotage by a competitor?

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

I watched the clip, sounds like speculation. 

If it turns out to be something from weed it is not an intentional ingredient: the stuff costs $$$.  Could be something like a kitchen worker had a stash in his pocket and his parole officer dropped in to check up on him, and in his haste tossed it into whatever was cooking.  If so, I would guess it was in the form of a concentrate.

Perhaps sabotage by a competitor?

There seems to be an entire row of Asian restaurants in this strip mall.

Many are now taking flak.

This needs to be investigated with extreme due diligence by the local constabulary.

And then, the culprits must be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Such disgustingness as this needs to be stamped out.