Father of Thai Child Visa

My friend has arrived in Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa to visit his girlfriend and their daughter.

My understanding is that he can apply for a family visa based on him being the father and person on the birth certificate. If so, what are the requirements please as he would like to do it for one year of possible.

Wondering if the requirements are similar to the spouse requirements, guessing so, i.e. 400k in the bank or would it need to be 800k as they aren't married....

Thanks on advance.

To apply for a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of Thai he will need to legitimize his parenthood since he is not married to his child's mother.

See this topic. https://aseannow.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

He will need 400k baht in a Thai bank on the day he applies for the extension.

Will he be living with the child and their mother. That makes a difference as to what documents are required.

• Thanks 1

Be wise and let all documents be translated by the translation office you can find at the Ministry of Foreign affairs. 

when I moved out of Korat the documents seems to be a huge problem many things where wrong even the Thai name translation into English and that is something that one can easy find on the ID.

One can not do much about this because the Thai inflammations law makes it very hard to complain.

DNA test is the best to have done at the Police Hospital in Bangkok.