Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

44 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Russian-backed separatists briefly held the center of Mariupol for one week in May 2014.  The Azov battalion took part but did not lead the offensive.

"During the rising unrest in Ukraine in the aftermath of the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, the city of Mariupol, in Donetsk Oblast, saw skirmishes break out between Ukrainian government forces, local police, and separatist militants affiliated with the Donetsk People's Republic. Government forces withdrew from Mariupol on 9 May 2014 after heavy fighting left the city's police headquarters gutted by fire. These forces maintained checkpoints outside the city. Intervention by Metinvest steelworkers on 15 May 2014 led to the removal of barricades from the city centre, and the resumption of patrols by local police. "  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mariupol_(2014)

Your information does make one wonder where Kwasaki got his.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

With the twaddle you read and watch going by what you post on here I would say the only one dreaming is you and Putin's dream to have his "Special Operation" done and dusted within a few days.

Spectacularly "UNSpecial Operation" I reckon

Edited by RJRS1301

ISW's latest update: 70% of Severodonetsk recaptured ????

Ukrainian forces conducted further counterattacks in #Severodonetsk on June 5, halting #Russian advances and recapturing large areas of the city. Ukrainian forces have reportedly recaptured 70% of Severodonetsk.

https://twitter.com/TheStudyofWar/status/1533590808070197248

Even as Russian forces continue to pour equipment and troops into the Severodonetsk-Lysychansk area, Ukrainian forces have conducted a successful counterattack in Severodonetsk in the last 48 hours and pushed Russian troops back to the eastern outskirts of the city and out of southern settlements.[2] Ukrainian counteroffensive pressure will likely continue to draw the attention of Russian forces to Luhansk Oblast and therefore leave vulnerabilities in Russian defensive efforts in Kharkiv Oblast and along the Southern Axis. The ability of Ukrainian forces to successfully counterattack in Severodonetsk, the Kremlin’s current priority area of operations, further indicates the declining combat power of Russian forces in Ukraine.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-5

Oh and another high ranking Russian General killed in action, must be lots of promotion opportunities for future wannabe's

Meanwhile:

Kremlin orders army commander Dvornikov to take Severodonetsk by June 10 — regional governor

"To date, Dvornikov has been tasked with either completely capturing Severodonetsk by June 10, or completely cutting the Lysychansk-Bakhmutroute and assuming control of it. That is why now a huge amount of forces, everything that the occupiers had, all the reserves have been thrown in to fulfill these two tasks," Hayday said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kremlin-orders-army-commander-dvornikov-165600423.html

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

Moral of the story, never be taken alive by the Russians. They'd be smarter trading them for captured standard Russian or Wagner soldiers.

Russian war reporter Evgeny Podubbny stated that the DNR Prosecutor General’s Office is trying British nationals Sean Pinner and Aiden Aslin and Moroccan national Saadun Brahim and is reportedly seeking the death penalty.

Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, June 6

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-6

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russian war reporter Evgeny Podubbny stated that the DNR Prosecutor General’s Office is trying British nationals Sean Pinner and Aiden Aslin and Moroccan national Saadun Brahim and is reportedly seeking the death penalty.

Will probably be a lot like those show trials in Nazi Germany in the 1930’s and 40’s. Maybe the name Roland Freisler rings a bell? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Moral of the story, never be taken alive by the Russians. They'd be smarter trading them for captured standard Russian or Wagner soldiers.

Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment, June 6

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-june-6

45 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Will probably be a lot like those show trials in Nazi Germany in the 1930’s and 40’s. Maybe the name Roland Freisler rings a bell? 

I seem to remember you guys were all in favour of these soldiers surrendering at Mariupol?  ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

You're confused. It was the "realists", the ones who claim that Ukrainian resistance is doomed to failure, who were in favor of that.

I think you were another poster who supported the surrender at Mariupol as well. Now trying to cover your tracks, as they say.  ????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris.B said:

I think you were another poster who supported the surrender at Mariupol as well. Now trying to cover your tracks, as they say.  ????

I'm not sure it was placey ???? more so me saying they should give in and they did give in after orders in the end but carried on before with resistance against the odds,  brave men. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Confused 1

Russia foreign minister not happy he was denied access to EU fly zone and had the guts to make a stupid statement as .... "Serbia should have the free choice," Lavrov told a video conference with foreign journalists in Moscow on Monday.

have a question for him .... What about Ukraine's free choice rights Sergei or only Russia allies have the right to free choice, get used to it, more to come it's pay back time

https://au.yahoo.com/news/russias-lavrov-calls-decision-block-104831371.html

Russia's Lavrov calls decision to block plane 'unprecedented'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not sure it was placey ???? more so me saying they should give in and they did give in after orders in the end but carried on before with resistance against the odds,  brave men. 

Actually, I believe it was you claiming that the Ukrainian govt had abandoned these fighters and should have tried to send a force to relieve them. So, on the one hand you claimed sympathy for the fighters in Mariupol and thought they should surrender since resistance was hopeless, but on the other hand you wanted the Ukrainian armed forces to authorize what would have been a suicide mission in order to rescue those fighters. Crocodile tears, much?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Chris.B said:
9 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I seem to remember you guys were all in favour of these soldiers surrendering at Mariupol?  ????

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

I don’t know what you’re smoking, but it sure messes with your memory, that much is clear. Might be a good idea to get your facts straight before you make false accusations. 

Boy, 15, is hailed a 'hero of Ukraine' after using his toy drone to pinpoint an advancing Russian convoy

Authorities approached Pokrasa as they knew he had purchased a consumer mini-drone last year and became a highly proficient pilot, Global News reported. 

Pokrasa duly took his drone into a nearby field under cover of darkness and successfully obtained photos and GPS co-ordinates of the oncoming convoy, which his father forwarded onto Ukrainian military via social media. 

Minutes later, Ukrainian artillery rained down on the highway near Berezivka and obliterated the convoy roughly 23 miles away from Kyiv city centre.

Daily Mail

• Like 2

Russia on Tuesday placed Dmitry Glukhovsky, a popular science fiction writer, on its wanted list after accusing him of spreading false information about its military intervention in Ukraine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-adds-popular-sci-fi-writer-its-wanted-list-2022-06-07/

McCarthyism pales in comparison to the evil hysteria that the Russian authorities are displaying now. 

• Like 1