Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

20 minutes ago, TacoKhun said:

The nuance with the brirish guys is that conflict between Ukraine and DPR is ongoing since 2014, meaning that they joined the fight after conflicted started and at the moment of joining they were not official members of Ukrainian army nor they had Ukranian passport.

They worn Ukrainian issued uniforms and joined and were serving in a unit of the Ukrainian army and retained there British citizenship which is OK to do so. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

They worn Ukrainian issued uniforms and joined and were serving in a unit of the Ukrainian army and retained there British citizenship which is OK to do so. 

The crime is being investigated at the moment when it was committed, when they came to Ukranian with intent to fight, they were not yet wearing any uniform nor served in Ukranian army. I dont know the details if they were enrolled immediately after coming or they were fighting as irregulars and got their official papers sometime later, the trial should have all this information shared, but i dont have interested in watching it, because i dont really care.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Bkk Brian said:

There is only one crime. The fact that they were put on trial in the first place along with the death sentence imposed. This in itself is a war crime as confirmed by the UN.

What you mean the trial in the kangaroo court will have all this information that you don't care about?

My guess there is a stenography or video record of the whole procedure somewhere in what crimes they are being accused of, so anyone interested can watch it instead of asking me "what crimes", I am not interested, so I did not watch it.

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:52 PM, TacoKhun said:

My guess there is a stenography or video record of the whole procedure somewhere in what crimes they are being accused of, so anyone interested can watch it, i am not interested so i did not watch it.

maybe check the links already provided in this thread for direct source from Denis Pushilin, the leader of the separatist Donetsk region who set up the trial, the UN, Amnesty International and credible media on what exactly they were charged with. You may learn something

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TacoKhun said:

The crime is being investigated at the moment when it was committed, when they came to Ukranian with intent to fight, they were not yet wearing any uniform nor served in Ukranian army. I dont know the details if they were enrolled immediately after coming or they were fighting as irregulars and got their official papers sometime later, the trial should have all this information shared, but i dont have interested in watching it, because i dont really care.

The trial was just political propergander kangaroo court set up. 

• Thanks 1

Not looking good in Severodonetsk

Ukraine war: Every bridge leading to key city Severodonetsk destroyed

Ukraine's President Volodomyr Zelensky described the human cost of the battle for the city as "terrifying". Ukrainian troops, he said, had been fighting Russian forces for "literally every metre".

Reports suggest that about 70% of the city is now under Russian control.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61786949

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not looking good in Severodonetsk

Ukraine war: Every bridge leading to key city Severodonetsk destroyed

Ukraine's President Volodomyr Zelensky described the human cost of the battle for the city as "terrifying". Ukrainian troops, he said, had been fighting Russian forces for "literally every metre".

Reports suggest that about 70% of the city is now under Russian control.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61786949

I do wonder how many more artillery shells Russia has.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Russia is winning and Ukraine needs to start negotiating.

And it pleases you that (in your mind, at least) Russia is winning and Ukraine needs to start negotiating? If so, why? 
I mean, Belgium used to belong to Holland. What if Holland decided to invade and ‘take back’ what was once theirs? Would you be okay with that? Because that’s exactly what Putin says Russia is doing now, just taking back what was theirs. I guess the ‘de-nazification’ scam was no longer working, so he was looking for another bogus reason, and decided to compare himself with Peter the Great. 
And just FYI: Russia can never win this. Most Ukrainians already hated their guts, and that hatred has just become a lot stronger with the way the Russian army commits war crime after war crime. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

And it pleases you that (in your mind, at least) Russia is winning and Ukraine needs to start negotiating? If so, why? 
I mean, Belgium used to belong to Holland. What if Holland decided to invade and ‘take back’ what was once theirs? Would you be okay with that? Because that’s exactly what Putin says Russia is doing now, just taking back what was theirs. I guess the ‘de-nazification’ scam was no longer working, so he was looking for another bogus reason, and decided to compare himself with Peter the Great. 
And just FYI: Russia can never win this. Most Ukrainians already hated their guts, and that hatred has just become a lot stronger with the way the Russian army commits war crime after war crime. 

Don't ascribe to me feelings that I do not have. I read what is going on from more sources than you, and I report on what I read.

As for your "FYI": 22% of Ukrainians declared Russian as their native language but 36% said that they speak Russian at home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Don't ascribe to me feelings that I do not have. I read what is going on from more sources than you, and I report on what I read.

As for your "FYI": 22% of Ukrainians declared Russian as their native language but 36% said that they speak Russian at home.

Just because they speak Russian at home, that doesn't mean their allegiance is to Russia. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

The longer it goes on the more chance Ukraine has of losing Odessa.

Is that what they really want,all goods to go through the EU.

listening to many sources France 24, Aljazera, LBC radio UK and BBC world news on one of em it was reported a Russian General said they want to go west in the South of Ukraine and join up with "Transist" something or other next to Moldova.

That would land lock Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

As for your "FYI": 22% of Ukrainians declared Russian as their native language but 36% said that they speak Russian at home

So what? 22 or even 36 % is still a minority. And that they speak Russian doesn’t necessarily mean that they have any warm feelings towards their ‘cousins’ on the other side of the border. If I google it, I’m willing to bet I can find countless Ukrainian soldiers who speak Russian.

More than 50% of Belgians speak Dutch, by the way. That doesn’t mean they want to be a part of Holland. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

They don't really want any of this, they would have much preferred for Russia to stay witin their own borders. As it is they have no choice but to defend themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They don't really want any of this, they would have much preferred for Russia to stay witin their own borders. As it is they have no choice but to defend themselves. 

I understand that.

And we don't how they are communicating if at all.

But to drive them out now seems a pretty tall task even if the weapons do arrive.

The ability to get civilians out of these area's is a concern and it's not as if they haven't had time to get organised with the slow progress.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course they don't. They also didn't want to be bombed by the Kiev government in 2014.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I understand that.

And we don't how they are communicating if at all.

But to drive them out now seems a pretty tall task even if the weapons do arrive.

The ability to get civilians out of these area's is a concern and it's not as if they haven't had time to get organised with the slow progress.

Pretty tall order which will be a little easier when they get more long range weapons and a decison for them alone to make. 

The civilians who wanted to leave these areas have done so. The ones that remained did so through choice because it is there home. 

Putins aggression cannot be rewarded  his goals do not finish just in Ukraine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Putins aggression cannot be rewarded  his goals do not finish just in Ukraine

I don't agree with that narrative which has been the catch phrase from the start.

Their army is useless according to most on here so the chances of it going further would not seem possible. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Really? How about the longer it goes on the greater the chance Russia has of being driven from the Ukraine. How are the Russians doing in Kharkiv?

• Like 1