What is the good news about living in Thailand now?

webfact

On 2/25/2022 at 7:59 PM, zzaa09 said:

For some others the increasing exodus of Farang residents can only be a plus.

+1, Many here like to speak of the old days when Thailand wasn't filled with so many falangs. In the 15 years since living here, every year the numbers of those on falsified visas, falsified extensions, criminal past, low life drug dealers, etc. has increased dramatically. And if the visa rules and hoops to jump through are becoming to difficult for some, boo hoo, lots of other countries they can go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

A very interesting question and one that is difficult to answer. In Siem Reap, no building must exceed 5 floors by law, so as not to "look down" on Buddha and Angkor Wat, which remains the tallest building. So no tall condos, apartment blocks, shopping malls, hotels and offices. A river flows through the city with many bridges providing access to each side of the divide. There are moats, albeit in the Angor Complex. The city has an international airport. Outside the city are 2 mountains, Kulen and Phnom Krom. From my travels and residences in Thailand, I would say Chiang Mai with its Ping River has similarities but without tall buildings and extensive mountain ranges. 

Are visas easy?

Women good?

Thinngs to do beside temples

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Are visas easy?

Women good?

Thinngs to do beside temples

In answer to your questions:-

Currently, only E-visas can be obtained for entry by air into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap. Visas on entry are not available as land borders are still closed to tourists. If you are over 55 years of age and decide to live in Cambodia you can apply for a one year retirement visa at many official agents (usually travel shops). You do not have to visit an Immigration Office, show proof of income, have a large sum of money in a Cambodia bank or medical insurance. It is simple - application form, passport, current passport photo, 300US$ and your FPCS reference. (Foreigners Present in Cambodia System).  Processing is completed in Phnom Penh and your passport with visa is returned within 10 working days. 

Khmer ladies can be very attractive and more reserved. From my experience, you will not find them frequenting beer bars screaming over games of pool!

Phnom Penh is a bustling city (similar to HCM in Vietnam) but Siem Reap is much smaller, however both offer far more than just temples. There is a coffee shop culture.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Khmer ladies can be very attractive and more reserved. From my experience, you will not find them frequenting beer bars screaming over games of pool!

And yet I never lacked for female company in PP or SR.

Sit at a table alone, 5 minutes later not alone.

SR, glass of beer 50c, cocktails $1, bag of cannabis $10.

PP, slightly more expensive, that same glass of beer on a rooftop riverside bar 75c.

P_20190120_123415 (1).jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2