Family of South African jailed in Thailand remain hopeful

webfact

On 2/26/2022 at 4:45 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

When I asked her if she had ever travelled To Thailand for teaching English. She said no and told me only desperate men travel to Thailand for scoring with girls.

Then she doesn't know anything. Jobs with the top level international schools in Thailand are very well paid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

So she should ring cops and tell them someone sent drugs?

Or flush down toilet?

Either one because if she keeps them she looks guilty. But this whole story makes it sound like she only got arrested for signing for a package. I highly doubt it even the Thai courts are not that crazy. As for the confession of the BF that is not really convincing. I mean he can say that from his safe place and so he has nothing to lose.

This story has holes in it and without the transcripts of the court case its awfully one sided. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then she doesn't know anything. Jobs with the top level international schools in Thailand are very well paid.

You are kidding, right?

They get paid ok - but most are 100k/mo with some up to 200k

My first job here in '98 paid 3x that. Expat-wise, teachers are bottom rung. Not the best skill here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

You are kidding, right?

They get paid ok - but most are 100k/mo with some up to 200k

My first job here in '98 paid 3x that. Expat-wise, teachers are bottom rung. Not the best skill here.

No I am not kidding and the reason I know is because I worked at such a school. I got more than you are quoting and am nicely set up for a relaxing retirement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Maybe you are comparing apples and oranges.

If a family orders a coffee grinder anyone opens it its not a problem. Just common sense

Doesn't work like that at all but lets leave it there.

enjoy your illegal activities.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Sorry but it does. Dad can you open the package? I ordered a coffee machine. Ok i will try it.

If you think families opening packages is illegal you are sadly mistaken

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Sorry but it does. Dad can you open the package? I ordered a coffee machine. Ok i will try it.

If you think families opening packages is illegal you are sadly mistaken

Ahh see, you asked your dad to open the package.

Apples and oranges... as you mentioned.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

It works exactly like that all the time...

I have things delivered all over and family and friends sign for or open the package to check it. 

I commonly have things delivered to my family in the UK (Parents house and sisters house) - they open the item to to check for me that its ok. 

Every week my wife orders items to our house. Every week I order items to our house. 

Whoever is in receives the item....  

When I’m away I ask my Wife to open any package delivered to me - she takes a photo of it and sends it to me so I can double check the right item arrived. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would YOU not 'confess' to halve your sentence, esp with the death penalty recently employed?!? Thai police are such bulldogs, Thai courts have a 98% conviction rate. Would YOU toss the dice on those odds. She followed her Thai lawyer's advice. Oooh, drugs! The big, bad boogeyman the US created by demand. Precribed pharma, though, booze, well, that's just fine. Poor girl.

BTW, it appears the b/f was not the guy on the lease. He was a Yank & he hung her out to dry. Lotta people do far worse things for love.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 9:06 PM, steven100 said:

so people are careless getting involved in drugs ....     Lol      if you choose the wrong path suffer the consequences. 

You chose the wrong calling. Coulda been a cop, a judge or a man of the cloth. Not everything is as black & white as you make out.

On 2/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Who made you the judge?!? Waddya, some kind of religious, black-or-white, guilty-or-innocent nutjob? Sometimes people are careless or are in the wrong place at the wrong time or make bad friends. Takes a real human to show some compassion for a 22-year old who could be any of our daughters. Shame on you!

Like the Red bull guy could be any of our son. If he were, we would all try to get him off lightly. 

20 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

You chose the wrong calling. Coulda been a cop, a judge or a man of the cloth. Not everything is as black & white as you make out.

please explain what your saying ......   if someone gets involved with drug addicts, users or sellers then they know all to well it's wrong ......  what part don't you understand   ?

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I ask my Wife to open any package delivered to me - she takes a photo of it and sends it to me so I can double check the right item arrived. 

Asking your wife to open the package is not remotely the same as someone opening a parcel that randomly arrived address to a person they don't know.

Apple and oranges once again.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:38 AM, Twod0gs said:

Hardly the profile of a hardened drug smuggler

...you are right and i agree with you! however nobody becomes "a hardened drug smuggler" just like that, there is always "the first time" and if you are unlucky you get caught

On 2/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, ThaiFelix said:

You havnt read the evidence from TV's pinnacles of wisdom and presented above have you?  I'll summarise for you to make it clearer:

1.   She should have known better at the ripe old age of 22;

2.  The case involves drugs so she should immediately hang twice without trial;

3.  She shouldnt sign for a parcel knowing 100% it contained drugs even though she     

worked at a restaurant where parcels would be delivered frequently;

4.  She most definitely knew her bf was a drug dealer, her short relationship is no excuse;

5.  She was a prostitute which automatically makes her evil and guilty;

6.  Her boyfriend comes from Africa so is black therefore obviously a drug dealer and     

pimp;

7.  If she wasnt a criminal she would be home chained to the kitchen sink wearing a

French maids outfit.

Case closed!

Another web drunkard !

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Asking your wife to open the package is not remotely the same as someone opening a parcel that randomly arrived address to a person they don't know.

FYI, She knew Dave Rensburg.