One of our neighbours puts a pamper on their dog!

Our neighbour, whom I thought was quiet wealthy and therefore educated, purchased a new (large breed) dog 3 months ago and hasn't toilet trained it. They now put a baby pamper on it and keep it inside all day. Its actually shaking all the time when I see it. 

When I first saw it I was obviously thinking how stupid and <deleted>. I asked them why they dont walk it several times a day in their grass area and they said its their daughters dog and she gets up really late.....

A week later I saw it again and the daughter told me the dog doesnt like to go on the grass!

I told my dear old mother this story who is aged in her 90's. She said to me 'you cant help stupid people'. 

Why are thais so clueless about dogs.....

• Sad 2

Used a pamper on my dog too when he got older and no longer could control his urination. Not that strange they are made and sold for that. 

Not sure why some farangs are so clueless about what is available for dogs. They also seem to think they are always right wonder where that feeling comes from.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Mrs NL puts a pamper on our shih-tzu to stop her being rogered by other dogs.

That was my first idea when reading the thread title.

I have to look away when I see some of neighbors handling the dogs.

On the opposite side the poor female dog is on the chain all day.

My wife says the dog can roam on the plot in the night.

I am the only one ever seen walking his dog in the wider neighborhood.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davidst01 said:

Our neighbour ... purchased a new (large breed) dog 3 months ago and hasn't toilet trained it. They now put a baby pamper on it

A likely story.  How can a baby pamper be put on a large dog so that it stays on, do they tuck it's tail inside the nappy with the <deleted>?   

Our family used to have dogs and they were never "toilet trained" [sic], the children in the family were toilet-trained, the dogs were always "house-trained"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

55 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

So if you see a german Shepard in the street with a pamper on, do you think this is normal? 

I think its none of my business and trust the owner who knows the animal and circumstances that I do not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidst01 said:

So if you see a german Shepard in the street with a pamper on, do you think this is normal? 

It's not everyday normal. We had to do similar at times when our GSD got old and lost a bit of control in the pee and poo department. Most times she would make it out to the grass but every so often she didn't. 

However I do think it's a bit odd to put nappies on a young dog.

• Like 1