Koh Phangan covid extension

9 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I know what the 7 days is usually given for (get out of the country), but that's not usually referred to in any communication from the government.

It is shown in the immigration order for extension of stay.

"4. In case where an applying alien does not meet the full qualification stipulated by the criteria herein, the alien must be notified of the non-permission order and must depart from the Kingdom within seven days from the date on which the permitted period has lapsed."

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Also the multiple entry Non-O visa that many retirees and married persons used to stay long time before, just because the rules and regulations was not followed by certain embassies. They will probably in the long run get shut down, as they should as they fill no function. Regular Non-O with multiple entry document does the trick perfect.

I agree with some of the points you make. However, multiple entry Non O visas (in normal times) provide a useful purpose for some. If you are working offshore with family in Thailand, the logistics of returning to your family when not working become very difficult any other way. In general, timing does not allow applying for a one-year extension, and waiting for the under consideration period before returning to work. The multiple Non O (to visit family) is intended for frequent visits and there will be hardships for some families if it is eliminated, which I concede current trends suggest is a very real possibility.

[It is possible that the e-visa system might make use of serial single entry Non O visas a practical possibility, as these do not require contact with a consulate to have the visas inserted in your passport. It will be interesting to see if, long term, there are any restrictions on serial single entry Non O visas, as has been the trend with serial single entry tourist visas.]

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That's just the regular order, though, is it not?

Or is that from the latest covid extension order?

It applies to Covid extensions by inference. What it means is that if you cannot qualify for any type of extension, your request is denied and you are ordered out of the country.

incase u didnt c my topic posted yesterday I reported I ....."went to get a 60day covid ext at Nakhon Phanom IMO today, after talking to 5 different IM officers "mai chai, not possible" I (politely) insisted that it was infact still possible upto March 25 and that farang were getting them in such places as Pattaya, Koh Tao, Phuket etc. They sed well just go there ! They were basically clueless and didnt want to contact Changwattana  to verify  it's possible. I entered Dec 12 on 60 day TR visa and got a 30 day standard visa ext in Prachuap Khiri Khan. at that time HuaHin and Chumphon and moderators on here all  sed after standard ext I can apply for 60 day Covid ext. Anyone have any luck in Mukdahan,or Nong Khai or whatevers?? Please suggest something ....THK U, MR"                  Apparently like some have sed before its a total <deleted> shoot if the IMO wants to help keep tourists here or not, it's a shame if not , since I for one spend plenty of baht and support my thai friends when I am here and abroad too.

2 hours ago, CaptMiguel said:

incase u didnt c my topic posted yesterday I reported I ....."went to get a 60day covid ext at Nakhon Phanom IMO today, after talking to 5 different IM officers "mai chai, not possible" I (politely) insisted that it was infact still possible upto March 25 and that farang were getting them in such places as Pattaya, Koh Tao, Phuket etc. They sed well just go there ! They were basically clueless and didnt want to contact Changwattana  to verify  it's possible. I entered Dec 12 on 60 day TR visa and got a 30 day standard visa ext in Prachuap Khiri Khan. at that time HuaHin and Chumphon and moderators on here all  sed after standard ext I can apply for 60 day Covid ext. Anyone have any luck in Mukdahan,or Nong Khai or whatevers?? Please suggest something ....THK U, MR"                  Apparently like some have sed before its a total <deleted> shoot if the IMO wants to help keep tourists here or not, it's a shame if not , since I for one spend plenty of baht and support my thai friends when I am here and abroad too.

I read positive reports from Sakhon Nakhon and Roe Et.  If those are not far from you, it might be worth a try.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 1:36 PM, DrJack54 said:

Spare me.

I've had numerous communication from folk using money direct to immigration to obtain covid extensions.

A couple of examples. Wasting time.

A USA married couple dealing with Hua Hin and trying to obtain first CE after visa exempt entry and the standard 30 day extension..... immigration introduced game of must supply embassy letter. Affidavit not accepted.

However both were given CE upon payment of 5500 each.

Another ....Someone I have been in contact with, his experience is rejected at his office then went to neighboring province also rejected and ended up with well know agent. 12k. (entered tv) .

This occured last couple of days.

Immigration have smelt blood and want grease money. 

Good for them.

Got stamp today for 60days, no questions asked.

Arrived with Visa exemption.

There was few guys acting like they do in italy/spain yelling and expressing their feelings.

Please stop that, you made many of us feel very uncomfortable.

Also after talking with friend who works there, they will remember faces.

All who got any problems didnt know how to behave.

wear long pants, keep your opinions on your own and voice level down, this is thailand and you only get your self more trouble by acting like back home.

khrap

a Good Report Finally ! Today i went to Mukdahan IMO by friendship bridge, was greeted by smiling IMO's and in a very un-busy office had a very easy time getting all the necessary forms like Covid affidavit filled out and plenty of copies of stuff like even my original E-Visa from last Dec. signed. Biggest snafu and wasted an hour was my hotel did not do TM 30 last nite ,even after requesting the reception staff to do the TM 30 when we checked in . We myself in English and my Thai gf in Thai asked the staff but of course the lites were not on and no TM 30 when I went to get ext at 9 am sooo  the IMO called the hotel and the manager actually went to the intown IMO and submitted the TM 30. This was the B2 chain hotel and the manager sed he hadnt done TM30's online only  on the first day each month he  submitted all the previous month's Tm 30's....interesting ! Anyways after waiting 1 3/4 hours I got a stamp in my passport that sed I should return on March 8 because the boss IMO wasnt in the office. and he had to signoff on the 60 day Covid ext. Quite frankly the whole system stinks but at least I got something outa this wait this time and the staff was very pleasant. Good luck to who ever is going to deal w/ Thai Immigration, Cheers ! MR btw I dressed smartly w/slacks and nice collared shirt maybe that helped a little too

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 11:22 AM, DrJack54 said:

My understanding is that since Jan 26 the folk with STV could not obtain covid extension.

Previously reports of that being possible. Even then it seemed bit hit and miss..

As per this thread. Note this thread is prior to Jan 26.

Those that entered with non O were then excluded from obtaining covid extensions. 

@ubonjoe hopefully can outline current immigration position on covid extensions for those that entered STV. 

Jack. Just to confirm your info on STV and covid ext. I was politely refused today in Krabi. It was explained that after 25th Jan STV holder can not get a covid ext. There was no mention of too long in Thailand etc. Seems daft as it is a tourist visa but there you go. Will talk to my agent in CM and see if there is a plan B

I am from Hong Kong on STV visa, already finished 270 days stay. I have seen many people successful in getting 60 days COVID extension. However, i went Hua Hin immigration to applyCOVID visa. On the first day, the IO said I need to get embassy letter. The second day i brough

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed, Hua Hin have been requiring letter from embassy for covid extensions. 

Just another rubbish immigration office. 

Jack, Think I messed up my reply to you earlier. You were correct my covid ext on a STV was refused today in Krabi. Reason ' rule changed for STV after 25th Jan' Polite but he was not budging

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Jack, Think I messed up my reply to you earlier. You were correct my covid ext on a STV was refused today in Krabi. Reason ' rule changed for STV after 25th Jan' Polite but he was not budging

That's disappointing.

What is your fall back plan. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's disappointing.

What is your fall back plan. 

Plan A is to have a chat with my agent back at base.

Plan B will be to just move my flight forward to before expiry.

No big deal, I was only dragging things out until Australia opened fully. Obviously they have now done that so I can go and see the family.

Only reason for trying for a last extension is I have paid for a month on the beach!

4 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Only reason for trying for a last extension is I have paid for a month on the beach!

Good reason to stay in my book.

I'm hoping to get back to Oz in few months.

In the main waiting for reentry to Thailand to become even more straight forward. They seem to be moving in that direction. 

Done away with the day 5 test. 

Crazy in the first place.

Good luck. 

On 2/28/2022 at 10:27 AM, DrJack54 said:

Have hardly read a report.

Prior to Jan 25, CW started with a "need to show outbound flight".

Would be useful if anyone trying to obtain a covid extension (anywhere) could post a report.

Success or otherwise. 

Going on Monday. I'll post my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 11:57 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Going on Monday. I'll post my experience.

I went today (Bangkok-MTT). Other than lots of people there (maybe because it's Monday), I had no hassles at all.  Did not ask me why I'm still here. Did not ask me when I will leave. Took my app+1900baht and stamped me through to 24-May. ????????

PP = USA

Visa = Exempt

Important note: I have been here since the pandemic started.

Let the ???? and trolling begin! ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Let the ???? and trolling begin!

None from me.

Good news that you received your covid extension without any nasty attitude from immigration.

Of course that how it should be..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1