15,000 baht compensation for Thais evacuated from Ukraine

webfact

te.jpg

By Panithan Onthaworn

Thai workers evacuated from Ukraine who are members of the Overseas Thai Workers Fund are eligible for compensation of 15,000 baht per person (about USD 460), the Thai government said Wednesday.

A total of 96 Thai workers in Ukraine arrived in Bangkok on Wednesday amid escalating conflict caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Boonchob Suthamanuswong, permanent secretary of the Labour Ministry, said 69 of them have registered with the Overseas Thai Workers Fund and will receive financial support as they become unemployed.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/38106/15000-baht-compensation-for-thais-evacuated-from-ukraine/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

Very Suprised at the decision for the Thais to be compensated for possibly saving there lives,

Yes, they are unemployed when returning to Thailand, but they no doubt would be made unemployed in Ukraine with all the devastation being caused... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looks, like those workers have voluntarily contributed to this fund and they are entitled to this compensation. 
that amount is good monthly wage in thailand which would tide them up until they find new work. 
most of those workers are highly qualified, educated, speak languages, are mobile and able to reasonable easy find work in thailand or anywhere in the world (getting all the paperwork takes some 2-3 months, depending on an agency, and costly, some 25k).. 

So now they have well deserved holiday with families before disappearing for 2 years contracts on a reasonable well wages

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 96 Thai workers in Ukraine arrived in Bangkok on Wednesday amid escalating conflict caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

They didn't feel like hanging around to defend a country that gave them work?

Nah, didn't think so.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Nah, didn't think so.

They are waged workers. Their country is there, where they can get decent wages. 
thailand is not one of those countries. 
nobody wants to be killed for somebodies else military, political and monetary interests, gains. Its not their war. Class war might be closer to their particular class interests

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Nah, didn't think so.

If  that was you in there position would you have hung around? I highly doubt it. 

Edited by Daithi85
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

Looks, like those workers have voluntarily contributed to this fund and they are entitled to this compensation. 
that amount is good monthly wage in thailand which would tide them up until they find new work. 
most of those workers are highly qualified, educated, speak languages, are mobile and able to reasonable easy find work in thailand or anywhere in the world (getting all the paperwork takes some 2-3 months, depending on an agency, and costly, some 25k).. 

So now they have well deserved holiday with families before disappearing for 2 years contracts on a reasonable well wages

Maybe I missed something, but where does it say that 15 000 will be paod monthly?

Maybe the editor forgot this important piece of information. If editor forgot it makes this article totally misleading, once again.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Actually yes, I would do my bit to protect my family.

For me it would depend on the situation and the reasons behind the invasion. If I felt a moral duty to do so I'd be picking up a gun. I've only ever shot shotguns (clay pigeon shooting), but I think I'd still be useful with a rifle. 

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Nah, didn't think so.

Nice of you to answer your own question though.

Well most of them appear to be female and I would not expect them to stay and fight in a war which has nothing to do with them.

They are neutral civilians though I doubt that the Russians would care about that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nice of you to answer your own question though.

Well most of them appear to be female and I would not expect them to stay and fight in a war which has nothing to do with them.

They are neutral civilians though I doubt that the Russians would care about that.

What I see on tv I agree mostly youngsters.  Must of been so worried  its easy for armchair soldiers to judge people.

• Like 1