AFTERSHAVE - What is everyone wearing ???

RedArmy

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Alcohol?

On my skin?!

That's not where it belongs!

When I was very, very young, and at boarding school, my roommate used Jade East.

After that...

You Gotta Be Kidding me...

I just use soap, both for shaving, and for showering.

I will admit though that I cannot find high-quality soap where I am.

Maybe I should make my own, or something.

Jade East Swank Inc cologne - a fragrance for men 1964

Alcohol is better on your skin than in your guts.   ???? 

The reason alcohol is used is because it dissipates quickly and projects the scent. 

I'm not familiar with Jade East but perhaps your boarding school encounter with a cheap scent coloured your opinion  on them adversely.

I use soap for shaving and soap or shower gel for showering.

38 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Someone who smells good is a "girly man" ?   Lol

Women seem to be more driven by scent while attraction for men was driven by what they saw. That's really no surprise because men are naturally attracted to the shape, body proportions, skin and face of a woman. However, women rate a man's body smell as most important when choosing a potential partner.

A majority of the male population do not wear a fragrance. Why would you want to spend $50-$100 on a bottle of perfume?

Does it make any difference? Yes, it does.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/women-desire-mens-scent/#:~:text=Women seem to be more,when choosing a potential partner.

Try it  bignok. Women  will adore you.

Waste of money

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Alcohol is better on your skin than in your guts.   ???? 

The reason alcohol is used is because it dissipates quickly and projects the scent. 

I'm not familiar with Jade East but perhaps your boarding school encounter with a cheap scent coloured your opinion  on them adversely.

I use soap for shaving and soap or shower gel for showering.

I very much enjoy essential oils of many kinds. 

There isn't one kind of perfume I can abide for long. 

No doubt that I am not unique in my distaste. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Check these aftershaves available in online shopping, Don't know what they smell like but remember many of the names from a long time ago.

4711.png

Aqua Velva.png

Blue Stratos.png

Lucido.png

Masca.png

Mennen Afta.png

Boots Freshwood.png

Lucido.png

Augusty.png

I remember 4711 and Blue Stratos. A lot of the older scents are still around but you have to be careful  as often the formulations have changed and not for the better. Like Old Spice. 4711 was actually quite nice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Fair enough.  It's not obligatory.

No. 

But, any women's perfume worth wearing is very costly. 

I can only assume it's the same for men's cologne and aftershave. 

Would you say that wearing perfume and cologne is becoming less in vogue among the 20s to 30s generation? 

Or, is it becoming more fashionable? 

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No. 

But, any women's perfume worth wearing is very costly. 

I can only assume it's the same for men's cologne and aftershave. 

Would you say that wearing perfume and cologne is becoming less in vogue among the 20s to 30s generation? 

Or, is it becoming more fashionable? 

I imagine it's certainly less fashionable with the advent of the myriad body lotions and sprays available these days. Mind you, Beyonce and Ariana Grande's fragrances don't do so bad. Every celebrity these days seems to have their own signature scent. Must be the younger crowd purchasing them.

I know little of women's perfumes other than the odd unisex one.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 8/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, freeworld said:

Check these aftershaves available in online shopping, Don't know what they smell like but remember many of the names from a long time ago.

4711.png

Aqua Velva.png

Blue Stratos.png

Lucido.png

Masca.png

Mennen Afta.png

Boots Freshwood.png

Lucido.png

Augusty.png

Opened up a barber shop? 

I am tired of cleaning my shoes now.  Its either the slum family that don't have a toilet so the whole room is just wet and soaked in feces or the entire house is splattered with urine from their countless children.  Food and random crap all over the floor.  If its not that its raining and my shoes are soaked.  The rain smells like <deleted>.

I pour neat washing power into my shoes now.  The body is a cheap roll on from Seven Eleven.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A definitive and active shaving forum devoted to the subject. Finding many of them in Thailand will be impossible, however. TRUEFITT & HILL has few shops in BKK stocked with their well-regarded products. I quite like the scent of Trafalgar, and so does my Thai gf.

Our Brits, of course, all owe to themselves and the motherland to drop in for a haircut & shave anyway.

https://truefittandhillthailand.com/

Edited by BigStar

My father always had this in his shaving cabinet

images.jpg.b0f19967842cb88986826e9a39c6a01c.jpg

Whilst I preferred this as my 1st girlfriend would go mad if I had some on.... In a good lust filled way I  might add! 

images(1).jpg.11fc18a828d742d59fb12b19fbac58f7.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have tried some of the suggestions in this thread and they have been generally very good, especially the Creed 
Aventus, Tom Ford Ombre Leather and Dior Sauvage Flixir.

Creed has also this new edition of Aventus:

483279_500.jpg.b2e5a1de32c27a969ee0a2777a8c405c.jpg

I like also this one from Armani which I don't think was mentioned in the thread:

strongerwithyouAbs.jpg.5a1e7b01a6a0f66e5581359e7fdd6211.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jeff Olssson said:
I have tried some of the suggestions in this thread and they have been generally very good, especially the Creed 
Aventus, Tom Ford Ombre Leather and Dior Sauvage Flixir.

Creed has also this new edition of Aventus:

483279_500.jpg.b2e5a1de32c27a969ee0a2777a8c405c.jpg

I like also this one from Armani which I don't think was mentioned in the thread:

strongerwithyouAbs.jpg.5a1e7b01a6a0f66e5581359e7fdd6211.jpg

I enjoy the  Creed Aventus but haven't yet tried Stronger With You Intensely. The Absolu has had mixed reviews and may be discontnued.  How do you rate it, Jeff?

Been using this for years, it used to be in virtually every barbershop in Southern California and they'd wipe your neck with it. 

I love the smell and the feel, and the smell goes away in about ten minutes, which I like. 

LilacVegetal.thumb.jpg.74fcd9c0cc78c7b1be4843da15aa993a.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I enjoy the  Creed Aventus but haven't yet tried Stronger With You Intensely. The Absolu has had mixed reviews and may be discontnued.  How do you rate it, Jeff?

I actually like it but for me Creed Aventus is the best. I have also tried Green Irish Tweed and Vetiver from Creed but Aventus is my absolute favorite.

GreenIrishTweed.jpg.6feac80a677de030b007fddc89f2bd9e.jpgVetiver.jpg.0679e99b502bddd165da337c02eab6a8.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 5:02 PM, RedArmy said:

Hahahahaha - quality ????

When i smell Chanel on a woman, it drives me crazy.

I brought a bottle of Chanel Antaeus with me too - One of my favourite fragrances.

images.jpeg-16.jpg

I also am a Chanel Fan but the problem is that in the Thai climate my Allure of Chanel or my Eau Sauvage from Dior just do not do the job. After an hour outside, it's just as if I did not spray myself. But when in Europe, they do last. 

Perhaps the more stronger fragances from YSL like the Kouros or perhaps the Habit Rouge from Guerlin that are stonger, may last in the Thai climate

• Agree 1

Sauvage is too popular, it's played out.  I use it as a daytime aftershave only these days. Other good daytime aftershaves are Eternity by Calvin Klein and CKIN2U for Him. Evening - 

Prada Carbon 

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Invictus Victory EDP

1 Million Paco Rabanne 

Boss the Scent EDP 

I note the OP has a collection of thirty-five, I reckon that's too many from experience. I used to have over twenty but there's no point, narrow down. Two tips that most men don't realise. EDP is far stronger than EDT and longer lasting.  Also, the second tip should be obvious. 

Combine your aftershaves. Prada Carbon & Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male combine well, for example. You don't need to stick to single use. 

I note the usual river of idiotic replies on this thread. First, ask your lady what she thinks. Thai women, in particular, are very sensitive to smell. One of the simplest things you can do to please her is to wear an aftershave that she enjoys. And contrary to opinion, most are very cheap when compared to daily cost. If you can't be bothered spending the equivalent of 20 baht a day to please your Thai lady then you're a moron. 

So give it a rest with your antiquated  drivel. No man in history has developed a bad reputation for smelling good. That's a lesson many farangs in Thailand need to learn. 

• Love It 1