SHA Extra Plus Hotels

pasak

Reasonably nice hotels in the Ploenchit/Rajdamri area and listed on booking sites are calling themselves SHA EXTRA PLUS and charging USD40-60 per night but what does this mean? Does it automatically mean they will collect you from the airport and give you the RT-PCR test within the room price or does it mean that for an extra fee they are capable of doing so? 

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

no, they are not for thailand pass. Just room.

for t&g start from 3800, includes transport and pcr.

So back to the drawing board. Where can I get a list of the t&g packages? THB3,800 (is that for a couple?) is cheaper than the THB4,800 + THB3,200 for second person (Total THB8,000) that I have just been quoted by Centre Point Chidlom. Also they quoted more for 'room only' than I could get on Booking.com TIT. Any recommendations?

1 hour ago, pasak said:

So back to the drawing board. Where can I get a list of the t&g packages? THB3,800 (is that for a couple?) is cheaper than the THB4,800 + THB3,200 for second person (Total THB8,000) that I have just been quoted by Centre Point Chidlom. Also they quoted more for 'room only' than I could get on Booking.com TIT. Any recommendations?

(do not use Booking.com) Use Agoda...  and then IF / When T&G conditions change or get cancelled, cancellation is as simple as a couple of mouse clicks.

Ensure you select the correct options: 

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.42.41.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.42.56.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.44.04.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.44.51.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.47.26.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.47.38.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.47.45.png

Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 17.47.54.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

The website has some technical issues. It is unclear what you pay in total. The price is presumably per person. The hotel I contacted charge THB8,000 for a couple including everything. A cheaper one might be THB7,500 but not much difference. The bulk of the cost is for collection and testing.

I get what you say about not paying up front in case they relax the rules.

Yes, bearing in mind that an SHA Plus + etc etc hotel is still an ordinary hotel outside of the realms of the Test & Go scheme and will pop up on searches as such. When you opt for the tests, pickup and all the other tat, you get your 'proper' price.

I'd second Richard's suggestion with Agoda as you're more likely to get your money back on cancellation when the gov stops with the silliness.