Questions about flying out of Thailand

lisaflisa

Hey all!

I have a few questions regarding flying out of Thailand (and coming back later). I am thinking about visiting friends and family in Europe soon. I am currently triple vaccinated and have the app installed with all the vaccines on record.

1. Is a PCR test upon flying out of Thailand needed? Sometimes I have seen that a PCR is required and when a friend flew back to France, only an ATK test was required. Who is it that requires these tests - the airport, the arrival country, the transit country? How do I know what I need to do prior to flying out?

2. Is the yellow vaccine passport needed/recommended for when I come back to Thailand or is the app with my records sufficient?

Thanks all!

Check both the country you are going to and the airline. To go to the US, I only need a ATK test within 24 hrs of the flight, but if my layover is longer than 24 hours in Japan I will need a PCR. I think when I came I had to have a PCR to fly JAL.

• Like 1

Flew out of BKK in Jan and came back in Feb.  My route was BKK-SIN-LAX.  RT-PCR test in CNX 24 hours before flight and my CDC Vax card were the only documents i presented at Check In at the Singapore Airlines counter.  

• Like 1

no need for any tests to europe.

no need for yellow book. Just an original vax certificate. Nobody want's to see an application, but QR code from vax certificate or from an application can be useful for T&G.

That unless you lose you hard copy. Morphrom app often crashes, also you need net to get it.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

no need for any tests to europe.

no need for yellow book. Just an original vax certificate. Nobody want's to see an application, but QR code from vax certificate or from an application can be useful for T&G.

That unless you lose you hard copy. Morphrom app often crashes, also you need net to get it.

So no so called "Fit to fly" certificate or anything when flying to Europe?

What is T&G?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

...To go to the US, I only need a ATK test within 24 hrs of the flight, but if my layover is longer than 24 hours in Japan I will need a PCR. I think when I came I had to have a PCR to fly JAL.

The US is not in Europe.

Edited by Puccini
  • Sad 2

1. There are no uniform rules for all of Europe for travellers from Thailand.

2. Whatever the rules of any European country are today, they may change by the OP's unknown travel date, depending on the Covid-19 situation in Thailand and/or in the destination country.

• Like 1

If you are on a non imm visa extension can you get a re-entry permit and do you need to get all the insurance requirements for re entry I already have some insurance but not outpatient care except for accident. Hope you won't lose your visa, but I'm totally out of touch on this.

I am following with interest as we are also flying to Europe in three weeks and will be returning in the end of summer, Hopefully by then the return issue as it relates to covid will be moot. But for the departure and arrival to your European destination, as far as I know varies depending on your country of destination. So it's best to check with the embassy of the European country you are traveling too. 

Out initial destination is Greece, and according to the website of the Greek embassy  in Thailand. 

If flying from Thailand , is fully  vaccinated , and have the international vaccine app,  and certificate, then you don't need a covid test.

Thailand is a signatory to the international vaccine app.

But if traveling to Greece from the US you do need a PCR test.

The complication for us is that only the last vaccination was in Thailand and is reflected in the Thai App. for the first two we have our US vaccine certificates. 

And we are flying there with out US passports. 

I think we will take the test just to be on the safe side. 

When are you flying?

Passport country?

Destination?

Airline(s)?

Many variables, which with detail can be distilled. 

19 hours ago, lisaflisa said:

2. Is the yellow vaccine passport needed/recommended for when I come back to Thailand or is the app with my records sufficient?

Who knows what will be required to apply for entry, to show on arrival? Today? Any paper, or print-out of a digital, document would be sufficient.

20 hours ago, lisaflisa said:

Who is it that requires these tests - the airport, the arrival country, the transit country? How do I know what I need to do prior to flying out?

You must meet the requirements of the destination country which will be available on their website. You need to check this carefully as when you check in for the flight the counter staff will be working from a crib sheet and may not read it right.

The transit country may have requirements but unlikely to apply if you remain airside. When you book your ticket the airline will advise.

I can offer my experience gained from 3 recent trips: LHR-SIN-PNH, PNH-SIN-LHR, LHR-BKK-PNH. I have heard of many travellers being denied boarding.

1. Check and meet the entry requirements of the destination country and the transit requirements of all transit countries.  For example - for vaccinated travellers Cambodia does not require any Covid insurance, but Thailand requires Covid insurance just to transit BKK!

2. Check the airline website(s) and comply with everything listed, even if wrong.  You do not want to be "in the right", but denied boarding because of the airline's mistake.

3. Print it all out, on paper, both from countries and airlines so that you can show to check-in staff that you have complied with everything listed.

4. Leave PLENTY of time for check-in, my recent check-in times have varied between 20 and 40 minutes while staff checked through my paperwork.  Top-tip:: be first at check-in so that if the airline does decide (rightly or wrongly) that anything is amiss, you may still have enough time to sort it out.

5. Good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Homburg said:

I can offer my experience gained from 3 recent trips: LHR-SIN-PNH, PNH-SIN-LHR, LHR-BKK-PNH. I have heard of many travellers being denied boarding.

1. Check and meet the entry requirements of the destination country and the transit requirements of all transit countries.  For example - for vaccinated travellers Cambodia does not require any Covid insurance, but Thailand requires Covid insurance just to transit BKK!

2. Check the airline website(s) and comply with everything listed, even if wrong.  You do not want to be "in the right", but denied boarding because of the airline's mistake.

3. Print it all out, on paper, both from countries and airlines so that you can show to check-in staff that you have complied with everything listed.

4. Leave PLENTY of time for check-in, my recent check-in times have varied between 20 and 40 minutes while staff checked through my paperwork.  Top-tip:: be first at check-in so that if the airline does decide (rightly or wrongly) that anything is amiss, you may still have enough time to sort it out.

5. Good luck.

Good post, good advice as compared with my recent experience.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, mtls2005 said:

When are you flying?

Passport country?

Destination?

Airline(s)?

Many variables, which with detail can be distilled. 

Who knows what will be required to apply for entry, to show on arrival? Today? Any paper, or print-out of a digital, document would be sufficient.

Flying next week. Thai Airways to Sweden (they don't want any PCR tests). I was just thinking that maybe Thai as an airline require a PCR or ATK in order to be let onboard the flight.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread. Lots of arrival information out there, but difficult to find departure information.

So, Suvanrabhumi Airport does not have any rules of its own - it is all based in the destination and transit country rules.

Since I am going to the UK on Qatar, all good!