Thailand is transitioning to an endemic, so what happens now if you catch COVID?

webfact

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And yet it killed another 1000 people yesterday in the USA. 

Yeah, mainly unvaccinated.  

The whole world won't lock down for some dim wits in the USA who refuse to get a plentiful and widely available vaccine.

Get real buddy.  

16 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Yeah, mainly unvaccinated.  

The whole world won't lock down for some dim wits in the USA who refuse to get a plentiful and widely available vaccine.

Get real buddy.  

I don't believe unvaccinated is the complete picture.... part is attributed to poor general state of health, like obesity, diabetes, inactive lifestyles too. 

I am being real by not putting my head in the sand..... of course we have to get rid of all these restrictions now, but in an omicron endemic society, we may need some efforts to protect our vulnerable. It could be as simple as annual flu-type jabs. I could tolerate mask wearing in say public transport, where people get packed together. The USA dimwits who are also making the arguments may yet wise up.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 10:31 AM, connda said:

To understand the Thai mindset, simply look at Thai TV.
Everyone on TV shows from game shows, to music and variety shows, to all TV news are fully masked all of the time.

Can't say I've seen that in the West.  The studios may require vaccinations and a rapid antigen test, then those in the studio can take off their masks and function normally. 
Here in Thailand?  I fully expect Thai MSM news anchors to still be wearing masks on TV in 2023.  Thailand will be one of the last countries on the planet to give up mandatory masking as The Mask is a sign of complete deference to authority.  And by golly, the entire population needs to show they are on-board and compliant.  Culturally, it's the Thai way.

The masking in television truly looks bizarre and I already said earlier Thailand has to be the only country in the world to do that. I believe the reason why Asians are so eager to use masks is cultural because it is a visible sign of belonging to a group and conforming to norms in highly collective cultures.

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe unvaccinated is the complete picture.... part is attributed to poor general state of health, like obesity, diabetes, inactive lifestyles too. 

I am being real by not putting my head in the sand..... of course we have to get rid of all these restrictions now, but in an omicron endemic society, we may need some efforts to protect our vulnerable. It could be as simple as annual flu-type jabs. I could tolerate mask wearing in say public transport, where people get packed together. The USA dimwits who are also making the arguments may yet wise up.....

They would have to be quality masks to have any effect instead of those cheap pieces of paper that are practically useless. Many countries don't have masking even in public transport anymore though.

Edited by rabang

1 minute ago, rabang said:

They would have to be quality masks to have any effect instead of those cheap pieces of paper that are practically useless. Many countries don't have masking even in public transport anymore though.

Oh do give up your nonsense.....surgical masks, as worn in hospitals, would suffice. I was wearing pollution ones pre-covid, but of course they have a one way valve in them, meaning not the best for infection prevention. What other countries do is not always the best thing..... I dare say the death totals would have been less had masks been implemented sooner in other countries, rather than governments spreading misinformation to reserve supplies of them. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

And yet it killed another 1000 people yesterday in the USA. 

Most of which committed suicide probably, by being unhealthy or with conditions and yet refusing vaccination.

Here in Thailand we had a new "record", highly publicized, of 74 deaths yesterday.

73% were 60+, and only 1% had actually received full vaccination including booster.

(btw 1% of 74.... never mind).

Sad, but preventable. Let's move on.

53 minutes ago, rott said:

A simple or simplistic question, is it possible to have Covid if your temperature is never above 36.5.?

Interesting question.Covid is the disease you develop after being infected with the Sars Cov 2 virus and a disease is diagnosed based on symptoms, now we know many people can test positive for Sars Cov 2 and not have any symptoms so those people would technically not be diagnosed as having Covid.If you don't have a temperature but display other symptoms and test positive for Sars Cov 2 then you could be classed as having Covid, so it seems to be possible to have Covid without an above normal temperature. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rabang said:

The faith in masking showed by mask believers still seems astounding...

Hey I live in CM, I have been wearing a mask most of the time for years before Covid. Last year we measured AQI 300 inside a shopping mall... and if it's not pollution then it's blasting sunshine. Plus I don't like to shave. So yes, mask on!

Edited by arithai12

7 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Most of which committed suicide probably, by being unhealthy or with conditions and yet refusing vaccination.

Here in Thailand we had a new "record", highly publicized, of 74 deaths yesterday.

73% were 60+, and only 1% had actually received full vaccination including booster.

(btw 1% of 74.... never mind).

Sad, but preventable. Let's move on.

I do not expect they committed suicide....whether intentional or by negligence. I too have little sympathy for those who reject medical advice and put others at risk. We are moving on, Thailand lags in the omicron cycle and in it's actions. But we move on to a different normal. I fit into the categories you mention though, over 60, not yet had my booster..... (inclined to believe an omicron infection is the best booster).

Edited by jacko45k

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Come on, tell us it is like a mosquito and a chicken wire fence, that is always good for a laugh!

I can't because I am not able to stop laughing at the idea of pieces of paper catching droplets being somehow relevant for people walking outside in blazing heat with their mouths shut.

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You may not believe it but I disagree because the data backs it up.  You can use this tool to find what is plaintively available on US data on current covid cases.  www.google.com

Have a good day.  

20 hours ago, rabang said:

I can't because I am not able to stop laughing at the idea of pieces of paper catching droplets being somehow relevant for people walking outside in blazing heat with their mouths shut.

Not nearly as funny, but equally dopey. But I do advise the concept of keeping one's mouth shut to retain some doubt! That goldfish look is really not complimentary!

Edited by jacko45k

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

You may not believe it but I disagree because the data backs it up.  You can use this tool to find what is plaintively available on US data on current covid cases.  www.google.com

Have a good day.  

If I wanted to be directed to off topic advertisements, I might. I have , I believe, better sources, unlike you making claims without any backup to them.