Covid visa extension March (no issues)

Lucky you.  I was denied. 

Then it took about 40 agency interviews to find a place that could help at a reasonable price.  50k for year visa.  Prior to that I was getting 90 to 110k quotes.

They did it for me despite on current overstay (same day they started) and the dreaded volunteer (which the gov told us to get when pandemic started).

7 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Then it took about 40 agency interviews to find a place that could help at a reasonable price.  50k for year visa.  Prior to that I was getting 90 to 110k quotes.

They did it for me despite on current overstay (same day they started) and the dreaded volunteer (which the gov told us to get when pandemic started).

Did you come on a tourist visa and did you get extended before, which province? 

I heard stories about people getting denied which is why I was worried

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report. Good news. 

Did you need to provide TM30?

Covid extensions scheduled to end March 25. 

Wonder why immigration states ..

"This is your last one"

My landlord did the TM30 for me when I rented her condo last year, but I never did any 90 day reporting

On 3/8/2022 at 9:49 AM, dj230 said:

What I brought was 

tm7

Stm2 

covid affidavit

Photo copy of passport (id page, tm6 and last stamp) 

passport photo 

1900 baht 

Yes, thanks for this useful info.

I understand your landlord did the TM30.

But a very useful piece of information would be which province, and which office you went to?

Thanks!

On 3/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, Dart12 said:

After 25-Jan, there was an official order that only visa exempt and tourist visa would be eligible for further covid extensions. Since you converted to volunteer, no office wants to touch your case as they would be hard-pressed trying to get it pushed through. That might also explain the exorbitant sums quoted.  At this point, you should probably plan a visa run to a nearby country.  Cambodia, Singapore, Philippines are the most open right now.  Laos, you have arrange a tour through an agency.  Vietnam/Malaysia are planning to open in next few months. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

But a very useful piece of information would be which province, and which office you went to?

Thanks!

He answered that in the very first sentence  (Muang Thong Thani).  That is Bangkok.

7 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Thanks!

Bangkok, Muang Thong Thani 

20 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

After 25-Jan, there was an official order that only visa exempt and tourist visa would be eligible for further covid extensions. Since you converted to volunteer, no office wants to touch your case as they would be hard-pressed trying to get it pushed through. That might also explain the exorbitant sums quoted.  At this point, you should probably plan a visa run to a nearby country.  Cambodia, Singapore, Philippines are the most open right now.  Laos, you have arrange a tour through an agency.  Vietnam/Malaysia are planning to open in next few months. Good luck.

Prices have gone up all over country from pre-covid. 

Almost all schools are 36,000 for a 9 month ED visa and classes if you walked in with a clean visa.

I managed 40k for 9 months thru a school and agency.  

I feel that was a very fair fee after the extensive research I did, especailly when a visa run would cost me 20-25k easy plus hours of headaches and travel just to get 3 months.

30 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Prices have gone up all over country from pre-covid. 

Almost all schools are 36,000 for a 9 month ED visa and classes if you walked in with a clean visa.

I managed 40k for 9 months thru a school and agency.  

I feel that was a very fair fee after the extensive research I did, especailly when a visa run would cost me 20-25k easy plus hours of headaches and travel just to get 3 months.

Seems like par for the course now.  Big money to stay, or big money to leave and come back.  The game is the same...the fees to play it have gone up. ???? 

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Seems like par for the course now.  Big money to stay, or big money to leave and come back.  The game is the same...the fees to play it have gone up. ???? 

In the past I'd just say gouging...but in today's world, it may just be legitimate inflation.

15 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

In the past I'd just say gouging...but in today's world, it may just be legitimate inflation.

I see all countries like the board game of monopoly. Most spaces you land on, there's something to pay. Some more than others. And just like the board game, very few "free spaces"...and some you land on and get hit with surprise charges.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:09 PM, Dart12 said:

What agency did you use?

Is funny now.Before people did visaruns to neighbour countries.Now people do visaruns around thailand to find the most friendly IMM.I ask myself what is going to be the problems the day they stop covidextensions and is back to normal like it was before.

• Like 1

Covid-19 is now far more widespread than it was on 25th January 2022. Forcing some people to have to travel at this time doesn't seem right. Schools are closed in many areas but Farang have to travel.

27 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Covid-19 is now far more widespread than it was on 25th January 2022. Forcing some people to have to travel at this time doesn't seem right. Schools are closed in many areas but Farang have to travel.

I agree 100%

Just one person's opinion but I believe ending covid extensions is crazy.

Hopefully one more extended period of issue of CE till May 25 would see some land borders open.

That is an obvious decision in my book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I agree 100%

Just one person's opinion but I believe ending covid extensions is crazy.

Hopefully one more extended period of issue of CE till May 25 would see some land borders open.

That is an obvious decision in my book. 

Although I would appreciate another extension I have to ask, why does Thailand have to give these extensions? For those entering on tourist/visa exemption visa's their trip was permitted for that whether 45/60/90 days (or however many days), they were supposed to have planned to leave, albeit the covid-19 situation allowed people to take advantage of extending their visa. For those entering on other visa's, they should have planned their trip accordingly. 

Edited by dj230

On 3/11/2022 at 6:49 PM, audaciousnomad said:

Denied CE yesterday at Phuket Imm. after three previous CE following ED Visa / Extn Expiry, preceded by Covid Amnesty and original Visa Exempt Entry two years ago. Denied CE as no further CE of any Longstay Visa is permitted. NOT as the published “ NO CE if entered Thailand with Longstay Visa”.

secured instead a Family Visit Visa 60-90 Days as have Thai Dependent Son. Needed his Birth Cert & his Blue House Book Entry & Existing TM30& Completed TM7 & Passports.

Expect return to work outside Thailand next month so then no need for the final fall back option of Retirement Visa. 

• Like 2