Thousands who signed up for Thailand Pass receive scam email

webfact

19 minutes ago, internationalism said:

it's going on since 28.01 when the first time Thailand Passport website was hacked.

Clearly your details or at least your email addresses are in the wild.

20 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Authorities never admitted to hack.

Why would they? Loss of face, this is Thailand.

20 minutes ago, internationalism said:

But never admitted to it and never apologised.

Again why would they? Loss of face, this is Thailand.

21 minutes ago, internationalism said:

They haven't fix successfully, 

And they never will.

• Like 1

You only get the warning if you check the status of your application. They should put the warning in their email when they reply to say your registration is completed. But obviously email addresses are still being compromised. They haven’t fixed the problem yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paul545 said:

You only get the warning if you check the status of your application. They should put the warning in their email when they reply to say your registration is completed. But obviously email addresses are still being compromised. They haven’t fixed the problem yet. 

That's not correct, as I got my Thailand Pass, and I haven't checked the status. I did receive the spam email, but it went into my junk folder.

1 hour ago, dsj said:

That's not correct, as I got my Thailand Pass, and I haven't checked the status. I did receive the spam email, but it went into my junk folder.

Read my msg. Yes you get the phlishing email right away but the warning from Thai Pass is only on their check status page. Should be sent when they send confirmation email. 

• Like 1

i wish the actual Thailand pass arrived as quickly as the spam email, I applied on Friday and got the spam on Saturday, Its Tuesday now and still no sign of the elusive Thailand pass yet . I applied for a visa on the same day and i received that already 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, My Paradice Lost said:

I'm traveling to Thailand on March 29th for three weeks and in process of applying for a Thai Pass.  Can anybody please advise if I can still enter on the old 30 day visa waiver, or do I need to apply for a visitor visa?

the old 30 day visa waiver IS OK

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's going on since 28.01 when the first time Thailand Passport website was hacked.

Still, new breaches happen every few weeks with fresh warnings on the website popup window.

Authorities never admitted to hack.

Fist they blamed users for signing up on the fake websites related to thailand pass.

Later they started to recognise, that scale is so large that it must be from their own website. 

But never admitted to it and never apologised.

They haven't fix successfully, 

Yes another Thailand 4.0 digital master scheme. Numpties.

Sent my application for thailand pass 12 days ago and have not recieved diddeli back from them.. The only thing I got back in my mail the next day after applying was that fraud mail which obviously everybody or almost everybody has gotten...  It is seriously questionable how this procedure that they ask of people to fill in to enter is going..  But hey, what do they expect when their entire system is based on jpeg application... It could just aswell have been drawn up by some 4 year old with crayons...

Applied last Friday for mine, got the scam email on Saturday, then the  registration seemed to go missing for a while on Monday (but it might have been my mistake when  logging in) Finally got the approval today  6 days almost to the minute ! strangely I received 3 emails each containing a Pass,  they all had the same number etc but the QR codes are different on each one 

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Applied last Friday for mine, got the scam email on Saturday, then the  registration seemed to go missing for a while on Monday (but it might have been my mistake when  logging in) Finally got the approval today  6 days almost to the minute ! strangely I received 3 emails each containing a Pass,  they all had the same number etc but the QR codes are different on each one 

I used a company to do the thaipass for me.Took 3 days.NO scam emails or other <deleted>.Get my QR-code and everyhing is ok.

17 hours ago, stigar said:

I used a company to do the thaipass for me.Took 3 days.NO scam emails or other <deleted>.Get my QR-code and everyhing is ok.

There were a few moments during the 6 day wait when i wished i had gone down that route but I'm glad I didn't.

Firstly the prices seem to be around the  $100 mark and obviously there will be no guarantee honoured or even offered as far as I could see.

Secondly I would still have had to find / scan / upload etc all the required documents to send to the "company" . so nothing gained there

Thirdly, in reality all i would have achieved is to have introduced an unnecessary third party into the process who would no doubt become just as difficult to contact in the event of a problem

There always seem to be people making a living by offering help when its not required, many of them advertising on here, and it never ceases to amaze me how people manage to find their way to Thailand and then to some remote border point all by them selves and then feel the need to pay some horrible pestering character 100 baht, or whatever the going rate is these days,  to fill in a simple form at the immigration check point

My advice would be to do it yourself and save the money, just apply as early as you can, as soon as you know your flight details, and contrary to what some of  the "experts"  say  you don't need a visa to apply for the Pass (assuming you are from a country that qualifies for visa exempt)

In the mean time , its a couple of weeks till I fly, so, now that I'm an "expert"  if anybody wants to send me $300 (i have a 100% success rate) and all their details including bank and credit card details i will apply on your behalf (joking)