2 Questions Non-imm O Marriage

Almost there...

1) How long until a Non-Imm O Marriage Visa is issued until it expires when issued

from the US (including the 3 month process on the Thai side)?? I want to

order it in advance but how far in advance is OK.

2) Can I stamp my 50 Thai/50 US children into Thailand under their US passport

and then apply for their Thai passports in BKK and re-stamp in?? What is the

max pain (TIT) (BS) (BCR -Beer Chang Required) factors in trying this.

Does this require a trip to the border or a mental institution?? :o

Thanks, i really appreciate

Nam

Almost there...

1)  How long until a Non-Imm O Marriage Visa is issued until it expires when issued

max pain (TIT) (BS) (BCR -Beer Chang Required)  factors in trying this.

Nam

I'm probably not really qualified to answer, but based on what I have read here:

1. You apply for a Non-Imm O in Thai Embassy or Consulate located in the US. I have never heard of 3 months processing on the Thai side. Think most of them get issued in a day or 2. The visa should be valid for 1 year from date of issue with multi entries. You will get a 90-day entry stamp when you enter Thailand. At that point you have 2 choices. Leave country and return within 90 days, getting another 90-entry stamp or after about 60 days in country apply for a 1-year extension. The requirements for that have been exhaustively discussed here.

2. Your children can enter on US passports and once Thai passport issued they would have to leave country and renter on Thai passport. Better idea may be to apply for Thai passports for your children at an Embassy/Consulate in the US before you leave. Best bet is to call an Embassy or Consulate near you and discuss with them. Main issue may be if your wife has maintained her Thai ID card.

This is pretty simplified, but hope this helps.

Almost there...

1)  How long until a Non-Imm O Marriage Visa is issued until it expires when issued

max pain (TIT) (BS) (BCR -Beer Chang Required)  factors in trying this.

Nam

I'm probably not really qualified to answer, but based on what I have read here:

1. You apply for a Non-Imm O in Thai Embassy or Consulate located in the US. I have never heard of 3 months processing on the Thai side. Think most of them get issued in a day or 2. The visa should be valid for 1 year from date of issue with multi entries. You will get a 90-day entry stamp when you enter Thailand. At that point you have 2 choices. Leave country and return within 90 days, getting another 90-entry stamp or after about 60 days in country apply for a 1-year extension. The requirements for that have been exhaustively discussed here.

2. Your children can enter on US passports and once Thai passport issued they would have to leave country and renter on Thai passport. Better idea may be to apply for Thai passports for your children at an Embassy/Consulate in the US before you leave. Best bet is to call an Embassy or Consulate near you and discuss with them. Main issue may be if your wife has maintained her Thai ID card.

This is pretty simplified, but hope this helps.

I can't improve on Thaihome's advice at all. He has told you as it is ( even down to the 3 month thing on the Thai side ) apply for the kids Thai passports at home and arrive in Thailand on them. End of problem.