Monthly Income Certificare

Could some kind person please let me have a copy of the Foreign Transfer receipt they get monthly from Bangkok Bank - obviously with personal details blanked out.

I have spent several hours trying to get my local branch to do it but despite calls to the Help Desk and even Head Office by the manager have got nowhere.  I even translated the document title some kind person gave me in the forum but to no avail.

The branch manager is a great guy - I have no problems whatsoever with his efforts but we still seem to have an understanding problem.  I thought if I could show him a copy it would solve the issue.

Thanks. 

• Haha 1

Doesn't a monthly bank statement show the same ? I have friends who show monthly income for extension, all they show is monthly bank statements showing incoming foreign transfer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Doesn't a monthly bank statement show the same ? I have friends who show monthly income for extension, all they show is monthly bank statements showing incoming foreign transfer. 

If they use a peer to peer transfer service as opposed to SWIFT then it may not be flagged as a foreign transfer

• Like 1

Thanks tonray.  I am sure the manager and I just have a communication problem as he really is a nice guy,  I will use google to translate Credit Advice Receipt and hope that does it.

Peterw42 - my bank book shows the money coming in but I have been advised that when I do the monthly bank book update one of these receipts is advisable.

28 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This is a toss-up between your branch and their ability to clear foreign remittances. Larger branches do have foreign remittance departments.

If the first one is yours you should not need one since the transfer came in via their New York branch and are already shown as a foreign transfer with the FTT code in your bank book and as a foreign transfer on a one year bank statement.

I have used the one year bank statements from Bangkok Bank for 3 extension applications already and that was all that was needed and a standard bank letter confirming my account.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If the first one is yours you should not need one since the transfer came in via their New York branch

Not mine.

Just the first ones I could find here, and elsewhere, with a quick search.

Whatever one's local imm. office accepts: statements, passbooks, CARs, are what you need to source and provide. It's simple really. I have no clue what the OP really requires, or what their office requires. Just tryin' to help.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When they did away with affidavits I was very glad I already had my SSA payment going into Bangkok Bank for several years. When I did the first extension and was waiting got get it done a immigration officer made a comment I needed a year of transfers and I told him I had 3 years of proof in my newest bank book plus a one year bank statement.

I assume proof of it coming from abroad is only for those not working in Thailand, right?

If you have a job in Thailand (and a work permit) surely they don't want to see the income coming from abroad.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

I assume proof of it coming from abroad is only for those not working in Thailand, right?

If you have a job in Thailand (and a work permit) surely they don't want to see the income coming from abroad.

If you are on a extension of stay based upon marriage you can use your income to meet the 40k baht income option by showing tax payments. You would also need to show them you have a work permit.

• Thanks 1

I only get a 1 year statement and the standard bank letter to show I have an account and that is all I have had to do since the embassy letters stopped. No special letter required. Maybe where to problem is, is that the OP is trying to have separate monthly statements instead of a 1 year statement which shows every deposit from overseas even if 1 transaction is missed in the updated bankbook it still shows on the statement

Edited by Russell17au

11 hours ago, Shannoblic said:

Could some kind person please let me have a copy of the Foreign Transfer receipt they get monthly from Bangkok Bank - obviously with personal details blanked out.

What you need is a 12-moth statement where your monthly FTT-transfers from abroad is shown.

A local Bangkok Bank branch can only provide 6-month statement, so they need to order the print from the head office in Bangkok, it normally costs 200 baht in fee and can takes some days to get.

You might furthermore need a confirmation letter from the bank, which Bangkok Bank has a standard issue of their computer system, the fee use to be 100 baht for such a letter...????

• Like 2

If for every month of the year you have FTT (Foreign Telegraphic Transfer) entries showing the money arriving into your account then you needn't bother with Credit Advices because it's apparent that the transfers were international transfers.  If on the other hand, you have the entry marked in some other way (not FTT) then you may need a Credit Advice from the originating Thai bank.  the credit advice in that case shows that it was actually an international transfer.

The confusion or misunderstanding between you and your bank manager may be that all your monthly transfers are in fact, marked FTT (indicating an international transfer)  and yet you are asking for Credit Advices that you don't need nor can he help get them for you as the evidence that the transfers were international is already indicated by the FTT entries in your passbook.  You already have the evidence you are asking for.  If any of your entries are not marked FTT then you can show those to your bank manager and ask his help in getting a credit advice from the appropriate bank.  He should be able to tell you which bank that might be (it won't be Bangkok Bank).

14 hours ago, skatewash said:

Credit Advices that you don't need nor can he help get them for you

Meh.

Credit Advice Receipts are provided to customers for free as evidence of a foreign remittance.

Some get these mailed, some get them emailed. I stop into my branch, Bangkok Bank, to pick them up every month; there is no fee for this service, unless you are asking for CARs older than six months. There are ~ four staff at the foreign remittance desk in my branch, and they are quite familiar with the process. Just prior to going for my extension they provide a twelve month summary/cover letter listing all twelve Qualifying Foreign Transfers. Immigration finds this acceptable. Bangkok Bank has a template letter they use, and is addressed to Immigration. This works for me, others have documents (statements) which work for them. The desire here to insist others do as they do is weird.

I think these (CAR) are required for some activities including showing the source of funds, say for a condo purchase. I'm not certain an FTT entry in a passbook or statement is sufficient for the condo purchase requirements.

The OP asked for help. No problem listening to their question, and offering a potential answer.

Thank you all for your kind replies, comments and advice - it is very much appreciated.

Having received a copy of a receipt from a kind member I now know what to ask for and what Bangkok Bank can supply.  I have experienced a change of requirements in the past when the officer-in-charge changed at my local IMM Office.  What I was planning to do was have a 'belt & braces' support system.

Once again - thank you all for your time and kind assistance.