They just find another way to screw you ! (Lazada sellers)

no deal

17 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Just pay COD only and apply for a refund.

I am currently renovating a house and in the last six months I have bought hundreds of items on Shopee and Lazada.  About 35% all all purchases go back for a refund for various reasons.

Just familiarize yourself with the refund process and always choose Kerry to return the item.  Just take a photo of the refund QR code with your phone.  Kerry staff will scan it and that is it.

Also always make sure you video opening ever parcel you receive.

And never accept any parcel that is already physically damaged when the delivery guy wants to hand it to you.

In self-defense I've started returning even cheap items, and mostly they are all 'cheap' in construction more so than price.

I do  same as you but drop at 7-11 and get a receipt from them. Never had a failure with that and money goes back into my 'wallet', which I can never add to but can use as credit. I never pay except as COD.

What I haven't been doing but will now start is video of opening package; good tip.

My return rate is about 1 in 10 so far. I'm lucky!

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Agree ! I have had a few occasions where the item received was clearly just what they want to send or get rid of knowing in many instances people cant be bothered to jump hoops to return it, (especially if it a lower value item).

The worst one I came across a few days ago, they showed a picture of a box of 18, clearly marked,the price slightly cheaper than a normal 18 box, BUT in the small print of the description way down the page the sale was actually FOR ONE piece !! Total shameful scam, but technically correct.

Watch out for the descriptions guys ! 

You are so right!

I've learned to find the line called "package contents" before ordering. Never assume anything from Lazada sellers except a scam. No, they aren't all Scammers but some certainly brazenly are.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Try to find the product on Shoppe. Shoppe holds your money in trust until you approve the receipt of the item and agree the item is what you ordered. You do need to take a video of opening the package. You get your money back more quickly than with Lazada.

I totally disagree, I have on two occasions had incomplete orders, (both from China) but because I try to use my laptop to make claim photos wont attach, so I sent all information to HO Bangkok by PO mail, eventually blocked on Chat line and email. Have deleted this company from my on-line buyers.  

• Confused 2

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The other aspect I have noticed and commented on before, watch out for items showing as Samat Prakhan! They are not! They are actually Chinese distributors and your item comesdirect  from China.

If you search or are looking for "local" suppliers, watch out for that one.It is not what it seems.The other indicator is "sellers own fleet" on the delivery details.

I have a problem with this "sellers own fleet" right now.  It still shows "Packed" status for three weeks but the seller insists it has shipped and it is a "Lazada technical problem."  It's already 11 days past the last day of the expected delivery window.  No way to track it, I wonder if/when it will show up.

I had a problem with the fact your wallet has a fund limit which isn't mentioned.

Dec I ordered about 7K of stuff for me - No problem.

Week later I ordered 3 Oculus Quests for my 3 sons at Christmas - total 47K

After I placed the order my Lazada wallet took the 47K but I couldn't pay the supplier with the funds.

It turns out that Lazada wallet has a 50K per month max (which isn't mentioned anywhere on the site). But the really galling part was Lazada took my 47K then wouldn't pay the supplier then told me the money was frozen till January. So this left me trying to find another 47K to pay the supplier for my Kids presents and 47K locked in my wallet which I didn't need any more.

Last time I ever use Lazada!

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

A colleague ordered a Xiaomi Mobile Phone from Lazada, 8000฿, when he opened the box there were 2 water bottles in the box ! If you order big money items from Lazada either video the item when opening the package or open the package in the presence of the delivery driver.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Agree ! I have had a few occasions where the item received was clearly just what they want to send or get rid of knowing in many instances people cant be bothered to jump hoops to return it, (especially if it a lower value item).

The worst one I came across a few days ago, they showed a picture of a box of 18, clearly marked,the price slightly cheaper than a normal 18 box, BUT in the small print of the description way down the page the sale was actually FOR ONE piece !! Total shameful scam, but technically correct.

We had a similar experience, the photo showed 6 sachets in a box, 1 arrived at the same price it normally costs for 6 sachets, I called Lazada, I think I got a voucher, I have up until now found Lazada Customer Service to be very good.

Lazada is not like Amazon where Amazon sell the products, sellers advertise their goods on Lazada who take a commission similar to eBay with out the bidding.

21 hours ago, no deal said:

You see what  happening there you order somting they send you what ever they want!

Lazada know about that and at my first order they told me you can kep the wrong socket and we paye you back on your wallet!At less that help,now on the impact wrench Lazada told me the shipping company will come to my house to pickup the machine

"You see what  happening there you order somting they send you what ever they want!"

That's nothing to do with Lazada and Lazada certainly is not "finding another way to screw you" in the circumstances you describe.  You're getting a refund on one item and a return/replacement on the other!   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

21 hours ago, no deal said:

nothing is easy on Lazada web side,it take me hours on the phone,

What "takes you hours on the phone"?   

Lazada are very prompt when answering phone calls and have perfect English-speaking reps in their call centre.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Buy from AliExpress then. I only had two problems there so far. The first time the item I ordered hadn't arrived after 3 months, this was during covid when flights were suspended, though. So I opened a case with AliExpress and I've got my money back within 3 days. The item did eventually arrive two weeks after I've got my money.  The second time the seller sent me a tracking number which never worked. Two weeks after he "shipped" the item it still said it's in China. So he obviously never shipped the item to begin with. I've contacted him and he told me it's on his way and to be patient. When I asked him why the shipping number doesn't work he came up with a cheap excuse, so I've opened a case with AliExpress and got my money back within 3 days.

The only downside is sometimes the long shipping times, but that's mostly the case with low cost items that include free shipping. I've had items arrive after only 10 days also.

Overall my experiences with AliExpress so far were good.

I use AiExpress on a regular basis, and have found their pricing policy and selection of suppliers is excellent.

Beware the " Shipped from Overseas " description on Lazada.

All you need to do is source the same item through AliExpress, which is the way the Thai seller is selling.

AliExpress will be typically between 80 % and 250 % lower in cost with the same delivery time.

Of all the times I have used AliExpress, I have only ever had one issue ( during Covid ) and that was the delivery time went out to 60 Days.

However, I think 50 % of the problem was mine for being a cheapskate on the Delivery method .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayOday said:

I will advocate for their demise at every opportunity. Just because they exist doesn't mean they should exist. The organization lacks integrity.

Just because you allegedly had issues with your purchases doesn't mean that the majority of customers, who don't have problems, should be denied the existence or service of a company that, in the vast majority of cases, has no issues!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Ebay in the UK has become the same with sellers blatantly breaking the UK 'Trade Descriptions' laws and Ebay doing nothing to prevent this.

16 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

All you need to do is source the same item through AliExpress, which is the way the Thai seller is selling.

AliExpress will be typically between 80 % and 250 % lower in cost with the same delivery time.

Not true,

Lifepo4 batteries (3.2V @ 200Ah) are almost double on AliExpress.

16x Lazada/Shopee = 24,000bht

16x AliExpress = 1,000GBP (43,000bht)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1