They just find another way to screw you ! (Lazada sellers)

no deal

Makro in Pran Buri fixed a large floor fan that was probably wired incorrectly.

I'm looking to buy printer cartridges for my HP I bought 15 years ago.  These come in combo packs of 21 (Black) and 22 (Color).  I'll start with AliExpress.

I could not find at Market Village mall in Hua Hin or at Future Park mall in Rangsit.

A few months ago we bought a 65" television from Home Pro in Hua Hin.  We got it home and found w/o HDMI cable.  I called Home Pro and they said you have to ask for it at purchase.  I saw no sign and the woman filling out forms took our cash.  Probably some manager thought this a way to generate more income.  We bought an HDMI cable for almost 1,000 baht.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

Edited by Fortean1
one more experience.
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fortean1 said:

A few months ago we bought a 65" television from Home Pro in Hua Hin.  We got it home and found w/o HDMI cable.  I called Home Pro and they said you have to ask for it at purchase.  I saw no sign and the woman filling out forms took our cash.  Probably some manager thought this a way to generate more income.  We bought an HDMI cable for almost 1,000 baht.

Between China, Thailand and the USA, I have purchased almost a dozen big screen TVs and none of them have come with an HDMI cable in the box.  Nor any RCA cables, nor any Cat5 cable, nor...  The cost of including all the cable permutations would add significantly, with no benefit for everyone using a different input method.  It isn't a scam...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2022 at 1:31 AM, CharlieH said:

Agree ! I have had a few occasions where the item received was clearly just what they want to send or get rid of knowing in many instances people cant be bothered to jump hoops to return it, (especially if it a lower value item).

The worst one I came across a few days ago, they showed a picture of a box of 18, clearly marked,the price slightly cheaper than a normal 18 box, BUT in the small print of the description way down the page the sale was actually FOR ONE piece !! Total shameful scam, but technically correct.

Watch out for the descriptions guys ! 

why do you guys bother with Lazada? they are done

I find better service with AliExpress !!! everyone in Europe is using Ali these days, and with over 100 orders with them, had only 1 or 2 problems and got refunded and kept the items.

Edited by GrandPapillon

A few months ago we bought a 65" television from Home Pro in Hua Hin.  We got it home and found w/o HDMI cable. 

perfectly normal, manufacturers never include cables, unless it's a special promo from the store

We bought an HDMI cable for almost 1,000 baht.

now you got scammed, could have bought one at TESCO for 199 THB, they are exactly the same

I only buy from Shopee and AliExpress but only using a browser on my laptop. I never use apps on my phone for ordering. My smart phone works fine but I never use it at home as I find that using a laptop is easer. No problems ordering with English web pages on either website but I do have to use Google translate on many descriptions.

My problem is finding something amidst the plethora of options. It is far worse on AliExpress with hundreds of pages of results. Over time I have honed my search patterns but the most effective way for me is to find reliable vendors and keep ordering from them. It's worth it to pay a little extra to decrease the likelihood of being scammed or orders taking a long time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

why do you guys bother with Lazada? they are done

I find better service with AliExpress !!! everyone in Europe is using Ali these days, and with over 100 orders with them, had only 1 or 2 problems and got refunded and kept the items.

How come Aliexpress quotes in USD? Shoppee and Lazada both quotes in baht.

Is this coming from US? Do they accept COD?

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

How come Aliexpress quotes in USD? Shoppee and Lazada both quotes in baht.

Is this coming from US? Do they accept COD?

they also quote in EUR and you can set the currency in your settings,

anyway, they seem more reliable than the nightmare stories with local Thais abusing the system, as usual

Edited by GrandPapillon

17 hours ago, impulse said:

Between China, Thailand and the USA, I have purchased almost a dozen big screen TVs and none of them have come with an HDMI cable in the box.  Nor any RCA cables, nor any Cat5 cable, nor...  The cost of including all the cable permutations would add significantly, with no benefit for everyone using a different input method.  It isn't a scam...

We have bought several 55" and smaller TVs here in Thailand since 2008.  All of these had the HDMI cable.  Now we know to ask.  We did have a spare TV with an HDMI cable.  That one was taken to relatives in Bangkok last month.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, Cake Monster said:

I really cannot comment on that, as, I have never successfully been able to use the Shopee Site.

They seem to be very " not friendly " toward English speaking users.

I just looked at it and it only accept credit cards and not COD. Shoppee and Lazada have COD which is better.

I had bad experience with Central Thailand where a product was advertised but they had no stock after I ordered it. It was a pain getting back the refund.

Edited by EricTh

I gave up on Shopee and Lazada ......   2 items from shopee .... one didn't work and the other ( 10m lights ) were the incorrect color ......  both vendors agreed to wrong product and a refund .....  however,  I  just wanted credit to buy something later ,    no go,  shopee wallet has to be initiated within 24hr of the refund request which didn't happen and then they wanted my bank details,   which I told them their is no way i'm giving you my bank details .....   ( remember the recent bank account withdrawals of 34.00 baht in the news )

hence,   no credit or refund.     Enough said of these scammers.  imo    

also, there is no QA/QC ......   THEY don't screen the vendors at all .

On 3/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, Longwood50 said:

I have just found that the stores here are particularly difficult with returns.  At Makro I had a bad case of coke, it was flat.  They would not take back because " I had opened two bottles"  Yes the first one was flat so I opened a second one.  When both were flat I attempted to return the remainder.  The two opened but flat bottles still contained almost all of the coke. 

Thaiwatsadu is the store that when I returned some extra PVC fittings that I did not use would only provide store credit and when I did not buy enough to cover the return demanded I buy more until I used up the entire credit. 

I think it's quite usually expected that a credit note should be used in full (unless some very large amount, which you would need to negotiate with the store before accepting). And it's a bit much to expect cash in your hand if you make a mistake with your order (unless you get it agreed before buying). 

With Makro your experience is different to mine. With the big stores I never accept the refusals of the floor staff, I very politely escalate it to whoever is the most senior person on duty (usually claims to be manager, occasionally is ????). 

17 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I never accept the refusals of the floor staff, I very politely escalate it to whoever is the most senior person on duty (usually claims to be manager,

Yes probably could have pushed it.  If in the USA I would certainly do.  Here, I guess I don't want to foster the reputation as the obstinate farang.  

More often than not, if I am returning something it is because I purchased an adequate amount of the item such as PVC connectors so that I don't get in the middle of the job and run short.  If they were used, I could understand but brand new with a receipt and a recent purchase and yet there is a push back.  

The USA goes too far the other way.  People with small children purchase shoes use them for a few weeks then return them when the child outgrows them.  The stores are so fearful of alienating a customer that they just accept them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

I just looked at it and it only accept credit cards and not COD. Shoppee and Lazada have COD which is better.

I had bad experience with Central Thailand where a product was advertised but they had no stock after I ordered it. It was a pain getting back the refund.

All you need t do is get yourself a " True Money Wallet "

Is mastercard, so you therefore have some guarantee over your purchases. 

On 3/13/2022 at 1:29 PM, Ralf001 said:

polar opposite to my instore experiences and a strong reason why I shop online.

Really grinds my gears the shop assistant insisting they open my purchase and show that it works.

Few years back I purchased a TV to put in my hobby room, ofcourse the shop assistant had to remove it from the packaging and plug it in.

Powered up the first screen to appear was the setting screen to set the language, this shop assistant mong set it to Russian, I said nope I aint Russian change it to ether Thai or English.

As the TV was now in Russian he had no idea how to negotiate the set up menu to change language.

I refused to accept the TV but as it was already paid for it ended up in a heated discussion with the manager with me demanding either a refund or another TV.

A few phone calls by the manager (to I assume his senior) a second TV was brought out..... this one was left in the box.

the reason I asked to try it IN store, was last time they asked me why didn't I try it IN store first?  

so, yeah, I don't understand Thai retail stores.  Not doing returns, It's @$$ backwards to making money and sales.

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Recent Lazada story. Bought FIVE "Kingston" 256 GB flash drives for a project. They were fake & would not copy files.

Arrive March 11 at 2 pm. I called Lazada on March 18 at 230pm.

Their seven day return policy runs by hours not days!

No refund, no return!

Just curious...  Did they come in Kingston packaging, undamaged?   I bought a fake Kingston SD card in Chinatown and found that the Kingston blister package had been sliced open to remove the original and replace it with the fake.  It was a tiny slit in a discrete place.  At the piddly price I paid, I suspected it was fake, but I wanted to test it to see.  Since then, I never buy reduced price SD or USB chips.

Edit:  The only way to figure out it was fake is to load it to its advertised capacity.  But that's a time consuming ask for a 256Gb.  Mine was just a 32Gb and it still took some time to overload it.

Edited by impulse

22 hours ago, impulse said:

Just curious...  Did they come in Kingston packaging, undamaged?   I bought a fake Kingston SD card in Chinatown and found that the Kingston blister package had been sliced open to remove the original and replace it with the fake.  It was a tiny slit in a discrete place.  At the piddly price I paid, I suspected it was fake, but I wanted to test it to see.  Since then, I never buy reduced price SD or USB chips.

Edit:  The only way to figure out it was fake is to load it to its advertised capacity.  But that's a time consuming ask for a 256Gb.  Mine was just a 32Gb and it still took some time to overload it.

Perfect Kingston packaging, not resealed. Drive reads 250 GB, fails copying at 10.2 MB. I only opened one, did not test them all. Negotiating with Lazada now.

• Like 1