They just find another way to screw you ! (Lazada sellers)

no deal

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not true,

Lifepo4 batteries (3.2V @ 200Ah) are almost double on AliExpress.

16x Lazada/Shopee = 24,000bht

16x AliExpress = 1,000GBP (43,000bht)

I did state " typically "

You have found otherwise on this product

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Try to find the product on Shoppe. Shoppe holds your money in trust until you approve the receipt of the item and agree the item is what you ordered. You do need to take a video of opening the package. You get your money back more quickly than with Lazada.

Really? Then I won't shop with Lazada again after reading all the bad reviews.

What do you mean by hold the money in trust? Do they take COD?

37 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I use AiExpress on a regular basis, and have found their pricing policy and selection of suppliers is excellent.

Beware the " Shipped from Overseas " description on Lazada.

All you need to do is source the same item through AliExpress, which is the way the Thai seller is selling.

AliExpress will be typically between 80 % and 250 % lower in cost with the same delivery time.

Of all the times I have used AliExpress, I have only ever had one issue ( during Covid ) and that was the delivery time went out to 60 Days.

However, I think 50 % of the problem was mine for being a cheapskate on the Delivery method .

How does AliExpress compare with Shoppee?

18 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Geez - what am I doing wrong?

I ordered one CU 15? (or 50?) led light bulb because they are hard to source here & got about a 10 year supply (5 extras)....

Is there a special box I need to check to get my orders fk'd up like the rest of you guys....?

Everything else, so far, so good....

You did get your order fk'd up, they just fk'd it up in your favour.   ????

• Haha 2

There is cheating in both direction many seller also have big problems with buyer 

One seller I use many time now have labels on box asking buyer to make unboxing video

From hundred orders I have only 4 return for broken item or packing mistake

In these days online shopping need good nose for cheating like detective

Small phone screen not always best to view product info and make some research desk computer much better

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:54 PM, Adumbration said:

Just pay COD only and apply for a refund.

I am currently renovating a house and in the last six months I have bought hundreds of items on Shopee and Lazada.  About 35% all all purchases go back for a refund for various reasons.

Just familiarize yourself with the refund process and always choose Kerry to return the item.  Just take a photo of the refund QR code with your phone.  Kerry staff will scan it and that is it.

Also always make sure you video opening ever parcel you receive.

And never accept any parcel that is already physically damaged when the delivery guy wants to hand it to you.

never (for me).

Who has time to sit all day every day waiting for packages at unspecified times?

I had 3 deliveries today. 

If I pay COD, that's 3 misses of getting my order. if I'm out.. and 3 trips to security interupting my day.

I definitely go the prepay route.

• Like 1

2nd reason I use Lazada:

I bought a cable at Studio 7.  It wasn't right, I tried to return less than 24 hours later and they stated no refunds for ANY purchases.

Ex 2:
Apparently this is not unusual in Thailand...

I went to another electronic store in the same mall.  I wanted to buy a mouse.  I asked return policy to be safe.

They said no returns. 

(I just tried another mouse that didn't work from Lazada, and didn't want to wait any longer to get back to work waiting on delivery).

I asked then if they could open the package and test the product with me while in store?

Answer?  NO, sir.

I of course declined purchase.  Why in the world would I / should I assume 100% risk on product purchases?

Seriously...what in the world is going on here with retail shops?

These are REAL businesses operating this way, and neither were cheap.

Just bad business imo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

never (for me).

Who has time to sit all day every day waiting for packages at unspecified times?

I had 3 deliveries today. 

If I pay COD, that's 3 misses of getting my order. if I'm out.. and 3 trips to security interupting my day.

I definitely go the prepay route.

You are either trolling or have absolutely no idea what you are doing.  If the delivery driver arrives at the house and I am not there I just instruct them to leave it in a hidden place or with one of my neighbors.  While on the phone I transfer money into the drivers account over the phone.  

I have done this at least 100 times over the last four years and at 3 different houses.  Touch wood I have never lost one item.  My previous place before this one was next to a restaurant (owned and run by a little hottie).  If the item was expensive I would just tell the delivery driver to leave it with her at the restaurant.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kennw said:

I totally disagree, I have on two occasions had incomplete orders, (both from China) but because I try to use my laptop to make claim photos wont attach, so I sent all information to HO Bangkok by PO mail, eventually blocked on Chat line and email. Have deleted this company from my on-line buyers.  

Sounds more like a computer problem than a vendor issue.

I'd solve that one first.

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

I really cannot comment on that, as, I have never successfully been able to use the Shopee Site.

They seem to be very " not friendly " toward English speaking users.

I don't use Shoppee for same reasons.   Only have had problems.

6 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Ebay in the UK has become the same with sellers blatantly breaking the UK 'Trade Descriptions' laws and Ebay doing nothing to prevent this.

i bought some dvds on ebay which were obviously copies from china, but worked fine and were cheap, didn;t complain.

i do know of ebay sellers who have been closed down due to selling fakes. so ebay does take quality control steps but it relies on customer reporting.

I have a single issue with Lazada, it's regarding returns or refunds when ordering multiple items

here is what happened to me, I ordered an inflatable exercise ball (the big ones) and workout gloves.

they gave me a free gift cause i spent more than 1000 baht (a "leather" bag of some sort)

gloves are too small even tho i ordered one size bigger than the sizing showing on the order page.

I ask to return the gloves but there is no way to select one item, they want me to send all items back.

I have already inflated big ball, happy with it.. don't want to return it just to order it again (stupid) so not going to do that

I print everything even if it shows the ball in the return form/pdf, I return the gloves and the bag that they gave me as a promo.. they take forever verifying stuff and gave me some grief but eventually got my money back..

system is stupid,  if I order 15 things and I want to return a toothbrush I have to return everything? nah, man.

I still use Lazada, have not had anything else negative happen

now Shopee on the other hand, I ordered 2 fitness bands.. paid 1290 baht each, they were chinese early version (doesn't make a difference in usage)

1 year warranty on their listing.. 6 months later I lost my first one at sea (dog kicked it out off my arm, lol)

I open the second one, of course it's dead.. battery is useless.. I contact seller they confirm 1 year warranty, make me send it to them (dead watch, whats the point) and then they tell me "sorry sir, your band only 1 month warranty.. warranty for 1 year is global version"

what they did is they changed the listing from the Chinese version of it (to keep the good reviews) and now it's showing global version and selling that for exact same price but now the Chinese version is not sold on that listing anymore since they edited it.. and they telling me "better luck next time!" and Shopee customer support told me the same "after 30 days we cannot do anything!"

quite useless. changing the product on specific listing should be against rules.. I see that sometimes for other things like you would be looking to buy a phone but you go in reviews and the pictures are of battery packs or something like that.

rubbish.

8 hours ago, Thujone said:

This why I still prefer to buy in shops.

The object being bought is right in front of me, and if satisfied, I buy.

Fortunately, the older I get, the less I want to buy things. ( I'm not suggesting shoplifting...)

If I live long enough, I'll buy nothing but essentials. (And be happy.)

Unfortunately, a particular sector of cultural populations are hard-wired for needing to want, mindless consumption and waste. Add the so called "cyber numbing convenience" of online shopping and the features of our character diminish greatly - ten fold. 

What have we become? 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:48 PM, Banana7 said:

Try to find the product on Shoppe. Shoppe holds your money in trust until you approve the receipt of the item and agree the item is what you ordered. You do need to take a video of opening the package. You get your money back more quickly than with Lazada.

Shoppee no English!

I should also mention here that on 5 separate occasions I have requested a refund on shopee and the vendor (5 different vendors) has refunded my money in full before I have even been to Kerry to return the item.  This is most often with cheaper items where it is just not economical for the vendor to pay for the return courier fee.  However one item, from a a vendor in CHINA, refunded me 2,753 baht a few minutes after I had initiated the refund online.  I could of kept and resold the product but I sent it back via Kerry.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Longwood50 said:

.None of the stores, Homepro, Thaiwatsadu, Makro, Tesco, Baan & Beyound, Big C, are good about returns.  

I've returned things to Home Pro, Lotus and Makro, never a problem. Even sometimes I've returned unopened goods over one month after invoice date (I'd been traveling) and packaged food which didn't taste as it should. Maybe I just have the knack. 

There's one 'DIY' store owned by a 'Mr.' that insists you choose a replacement product to the same or higher value there and then because not only do they not do refunds, they also won't give a credit note. I don't shop there any more. 

19 hours ago, Adumbration said:

You are either trolling or have absolutely no idea what you are doing.  If the delivery driver arrives at the house and I am not there I just instruct them to leave it in a hidden place or with one of my neighbors.  While on the phone I transfer money into the drivers account over the phone.  

I have done this at least 100 times over the last four years and at 3 different houses.  Touch wood I have never lost one item.  My previous place before this one was next to a restaurant (owned and run by a little hottie).  If the item was expensive I would just tell the delivery driver to leave it with her at the restaurant.

I didn't read into this before...but why are you doing COD if you are still paying without inspection?  

I thought the inspection was your purpose for paying COD instead of prepay on a CC, no?

Seems like extra hassle than just paying WHEN you decide to buy it.

And no, I'm not 'trolling' you.

13 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I've returned things to Home Pro, Lotus and Makro, never a problem.

I have just found that the stores here are particularly difficult with returns.  At Makro I had a bad case of coke, it was flat.  They would not take back because " I had opened two bottles"  Yes the first one was flat so I opened a second one.  When both were flat I attempted to return the remainder.  The two opened but flat bottles still contained almost all of the coke. 

Thaiwatsadu is the store that when I returned some extra PVC fittings that I did not use would only provide store credit and when I did not buy enough to cover the return demanded I buy more until I used up the entire credit. 

18 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Unfortunately, a particular sector of cultural populations are hard-wired for needing to want, mindless consumption and waste. Add the so called "cyber numbing convenience" of online shopping and the features of our character diminish greatly - ten fold. 

What have we become? 

Buying stainless steel taps, motorbike parts and fishing gear online does not make me a mindless consumer craving cyber numbing convenience.

Buying online is the best way to leverage my time.  I shop at night and work on my house during the day.  There is also a vastly superior range of products available online nearly all of which are not available to me locally or in Phuket.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adumbration said:
17 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Shoppee no English!

If you don't even have the skill to use google translate in your browser then perhaps you should avoid shopping online.

Its easier than that.... Just use a browser which automatically translates... i.e. Google Chrome. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I asked then if they could open the package and test the product with me while in store?

Answer?  NO, sir.

polar opposite to my instore experiences and a strong reason why I shop online.

Really grinds my gears the shop assistant insisting they open my purchase and show that it works.

Few years back I purchased a TV to put in my hobby room, ofcourse the shop assistant had to remove it from the packaging and plug it in.

Powered up the first screen to appear was the setting screen to set the language, this shop assistant mong set it to Russian, I said nope I aint Russian change it to ether Thai or English.

As the TV was now in Russian he had no idea how to negotiate the set up menu to change language.

I refused to accept the TV but as it was already paid for it ended up in a heated discussion with the manager with me demanding either a refund or another TV.

A few phone calls by the manager (to I assume his senior) a second TV was brought out..... this one was left in the box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

I have just found that the stores here are particularly difficult with returns.  At Makro I had a bad case of coke, it was flat.  They would not take back because " I had opened two bottles"  Yes the first one was flat so I opened a second one.  When both were flat I attempted to return the remainder.  The two opened but flat bottles still contained almost all of the coke. 

Thaiwatsadu is the store that when I returned some extra PVC fittings that I did not use would only provide store credit and when I did not buy enough to cover the return demanded I buy more until I used up the entire credit. 

I don't have an issue with credit notes for an over order, and do try to get the store to agree to returns when I buy. The Macro thing is disappointing, maybe different stores act differently. I returned an unused gas pipe connector worth a few hundred baht well over a month after the receipt date and they gave me a cash refund (but said please don't do it again ????).