Subsiding pandemic brings new sense of complacency

snoop1130

12-1645592914-1646898707-3984-1646899545.jpg

People eat ice cream on the sidewalk in Hanoi on Feb. 22, 2022. Photo by VnExpress/Tung Dinh

With the Covid-19 pandemic gradually coming under control, and high rate of vaccination, people are letting their guard down, flouting all safety rules.

In Hanoi's Long Bien District, Nguyen Huong Linh, 32, who contracted Covid in late February and recently recovered, says she no longer feels afraid of the coronavirus and has gotten used to the fact it "may never go away."

"I’m just tired of all those rules and want my normal life back."

Full Story: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/trend/subsiding-pandemic-brings-new-sense-of-complacency-4437083.html

vne_international.jpg
-- © Copyright VN Express 2022-03-11

Now back in March 15 new cases were 32 the same as the 7 day average.  Two years later on March 10, new cases were 24,792 with a 7 day average of 22,093 and that is the Thai definition of "subsiding"?

Back in 2020 the 32 cases was enough to spur the government to implement mandatory testing, mask mandates, quarantines, alcohol bans, and curfews.  

I am the first to admit that I thought the governments response worldwide not just here in Thailand was an over reaction.  However, saying the disease is subsiding is hardly an accurate assessment. 

image.png.726916cf0b75b40d11636983e70f8c7f.png