PM Says He Will Decide if House Should Be Dissolved

snoop1130

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Indeed. Commies are commies but at least these little boys are not threatening to blow up the world like that deranged inhuman thug. They’re not in the same league... Prayut is a tool but he is Mary Poppins in comparison and could easily be whipped into line if he gets all silly. 

But he is all silly and he's still there.

He will base his decision on situations. What situations? I know the previous regime in Myanmar relied heavily on astrologists. The story goes that the junta leader had a dream and one of his astrologists told him to move the capital inland, and that’s when Naypiydaw was built. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the future of Thailand hinged on what an astrologist or amulet maker or whatever whispers in Dear Leader’s ear. 

13 hours ago, smedly said:

the west right now are intoducing rules that seem to target only Russian theives and their laundering, why do these rules so far only apply to Russians  ?

We have plenty of scope with other countries and their leaders including Thailand who farm their ill gotten gains all over the world ................ apply the rules to them all 

and where did this money come from that you used to buy millions worth of properties and buy up assets (launder) in the west, prove where the money came from or we will confiscate it .....................pipe dream

but seriously, it is not just Russians that are stealing from their people and buying stuff outside their home countries .............................

How does a cop or general in Thailand end up with huge sums of money  and is able to buy up millions in assets in the west ........................... the rules must apply to all 

Thanks. I mentioned it yesterday already. It's the character of dictators and autocrats to think of themselves first by filling their pockets no matter how.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

the west right now are intoducing rules that seem to target only Russian theives and their laundering, why do these rules so far only apply to Russians  ?

We have plenty of scope with other countries and their leaders including Thailand who farm their ill gotten gains all over the world ................ apply the rules to them all 

and where did this money come from that you used to buy millions worth of properties and buy up assets (launder) in the west, prove where the money came from or we will confiscate it .....................pipe dream

but seriously, it is not just Russians that are stealing from their people and buying stuff outside their home countries .............................

How does a cop or general in Thailand end up with huge sums of money  and is able to buy up millions in assets in the west ........................... the rules must apply to all 

This is an excellent point. Go after ALL the tax havens and off-shore account arrangements that allow oligarchs, criminals and gangs, terrorists, corrupt officials, etc., to hide their often illegal gains from public scrutiny and tax evasion. The reality is that too many Western powerful figures/companies like these hidden accounts too and want them  them "off-limits" from being dismantled. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

It's in the Constitution that received a majority approval from Thai voters in a referendum.

I was vacationing in Thailand and reading the paper that can't be named when all the trickery happened days before the constitution was posted to read . I couldn't believe what I was reading and was very sad at the poll results.  I guess most Thai voters don't have time or access or ability to read and comprehend a document like the constitution.  Voting based on emotion.  But I see all  this now applies to American voters too so what can I say. 

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

It's in the Constitution that received a majority approval from Thai voters in a referendum.

You neglect to mention they were browbeaten and threatened into voting for it.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, but who is Thailand going to try and annex first ? Only real country they could try that on is Laos, and the subs would be no use there !

They need the subs to attack Koh Tao and take over.  They'd be useless against Laos unless the Chinese turned up the water level in the Mekong.