Thailand reports 23,945 new COVID-19 cases, 70 deaths, 23,339 recoveries

webfact

COV16.jpg

File photo Thai PBS

Thailand on Wednesday (March 16) reported 23,945 new COVID-19 cases, 23,339 recoveries and 70 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 3,250,642 with 23,918 deaths.

The news comes as elderly people who are reluctant to receive a third vaccine booster shot, out of concerns for possible side effects, will be given the option of half a dose, to encourage them to get their booster and reduce of the risk of severe symptoms or death if infected with COVID-19, said Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiattibhoom Vongrachit yesterday (Tuesday).

Of the 70 deaths recorded yesterday, Dr. Kiattibhoom said that 47 were over 70 and 52 were not fully inoculated. 83% of those over 60 had received their first dose of vaccine, 78.8% had received their second dose, but only 32% had received the third booster shot. *

*Thai PBS contributed to this report

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update16MAR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-16

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

48 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi seems to be having it run through the communities. Hope all down there are doing the best they can to stay safe.  I noticed this past weekend many foreigners in BKK not wearing masks as they should be.  I hope that's not the trend right now in the Chonburi area.  Sure masks are not perfect and folks hate wearing them, but then there is a reason to wear them and discard of them and wear a new one.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Its the standard middle of the week upward run until Saturday when it will drop again. It is because of the testing facilities reducing the testing as well as people now just self testing and staying isolated if they can and not reporting the positive ATK test. 

I have tried for 2 days to make contact with the hotline to report the GF's positive ATK test, no answer just busy all day.  I called the hospital and spoke to someone there who said they would enter the information into the GF's chart and for me to make sure she isolates from everyone the best she can and take the medications I have on hand.  I must isolate also.  However, I am still caring for her as I can, lets hope my full booster of Moderna keeps me protected enough to where my immune system kicks in and keeps the virus at bay.  I should know in a few days how that goes as today is day 3 and the incubation period is between 2 days and 5 at a minimum.

Hope everyone is taking good care of themselves and family as well as staying safe.

Exactly, the only measure that is consistent without bumps and dips on the way are the ICU and Ventilated cases:

image.png.5f6f121f0a3a09d701ca93440d05696b.png

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a data point South Korea with a population of 51M and high % of 16+ triple jabbed had a daily case rate today of

362,328 !

Korea is very mask and rule compliant

Australia with a population of 26M had a case rate of 55,362

• Like 1

This should have been carried out at the start of the pandemic along with health care professionals to ensure that all the elderly, regardless of where they reside in Thailand, have at least one jab of the vaccine.

Alas, at this point in time, we are at the organization stage.

Why now?  Due to Songkran next month.

Pitiful.

#Thai Public Health Ministry to organize ‘Vaccination Week’ for the elderly to prevent Covid19 infections and reduce the death rate during Songkran.

https://tpnnational.com/2022/03/16/thai-public-health-ministry-to-organize-vaccination-week-for-the-elderly-to-prevent-covid19-infections-and-reduce-the-death-rate-during-songkran/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

As a data point South Korea with a population of 51M and high % of 16+ triple jabbed had a daily case rate today of

362,328 !

Korea is very mask and rule compliant

Australia with a population of 26M had a case rate of 55,362

That's from mandatory and good reporting by it's citizens and completely open testing, unlike the poor testing and lack of reporting here in Thailand.  X10 the numbers here and your about at the same number of cases.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

PCR test positive cases, total of 23,945 official new infections. 70 official covid deaths recorded.

Rapid tests positive cases, 24,059 bringing the total of PCR and ATK results to 48,004

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

OWD rolling 7 day average, cases and deaths up to 14th March

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

image.png.4ceba47963ccb0614bb738f912070af9.png

image.png.2c162d4da5720c8116cc7b81b188f839.png

image.png.794b62c8ce49afe7d5d9cf05f7557428.png

An interesting Chart in as much as the PCR testing Positives seem to be fairly constant, something of a huge anomaly, and the ATK tests are in decline overall.

It is obviously the lower number of ATK tests that are bringing the Daily Infection numbers down.

This must e something the Government are really happy about, as ATK is not recognised within the overall reported numbers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

An interesting Chart in as much as the PCR testing Positives seem to be fairly constant, something of a huge anomaly, and the ATK tests are in decline overall.

It is obviously the lower number of ATK tests that are bringing the Daily Infection numbers down.

This must e something the Government are really happy about, as ATK is not recognised within the overall reported numbers

You have to remember they have also in the past few days determined to change what constitutes a case or a death from covid.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's from mandatory and good reporting by it's citizens and completely open testing, unlike the poor testing and lack of reporting here in Thailand.  X10 the numbers here and your about at the same number of cases.

Not that good reporting. On Worldometers, the same day South Korea announced the 362328 figure, Australia's figure was 34047 - not quite the unverified 55362 stated.

Can we start receiving these figures in the context of ordinary influenza figures? I mean, in addition to omicron cases, please report the actual daily number of hospitalised influenza cases (and provide the historically-expected number of the latter for comparison).

We need to know how far omicron has replaced influenza in order to get any meaningful perspective on these figures which come out every day. If it turns out that omicron has largely (or completely) replaced influenza, then we need to compare the current number of omicron cases with the historically-expected number of influenza cases - and only then can we judge the situation.

• Confused 1

Ministry readies 4-phase plan for Covid-19 pandemic to endemic transition

The Public Health Ministry will offer a proposal on transitioning Covid-19 from a pandemic to endemic at the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) meeting on Friday (March 18).

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40013368

• Like 1

In common with most of the country, we have a rise in cases from 155 yesterday.

Health officials on Wednesday (Mar 16) reported 186 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 54 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 35 cases were found in Pranburi, 22 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 1 case in Kuiburi, 7 cases in Thap Sakae, 9 cases in Bang Saphan, 13 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 44 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

No new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/mar-16-prachuap-reports-186-new-covid-19-cases-54-cases-in-hua-hin/

274600728_304553948271664_6514020439250254221_n.png

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 25,456 news coronavirus cases, 77 deaths, 22,217 recoveries

COV17.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Thursday (March 17) reported 25,456 new COVID-19 cases, 22,217 recoveries and 77 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1253740-covid-19-thailand-reports-25456-news-coronavirus-cases-77-deaths-22217-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin