Series of attacks at Udon market and bus station - drugged up glue sniffer responsible

webfact

8pm.jpg

Sanook Thai Caption: Dangerous person at the market

Sanook went to the Tessaban 2 Ban Dung fresh market in Udon Thani in the north east of Thailand to investigate a series of attacks on women there and at the nearby bus station.

A man had been caught on CCTV punching a woman. In addition he had grabbed women's buttocks and even bit the top of their legs. 

Traders also said that the man would frequently "fly his kite" (masturbate) by the side of the market. 

Local tessaban officials went to the home of Manop, 35. 

His mum said her son was a drug addict and glue sniffer who was out of control and wouldn't take his meds. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

His brother said he had had his arm broken by an irate bus driver who chased him from the bus station after two attacks on women there. 

The family were at their wits end what do do with him and called on the authorities to act.

The police were not mentioned in the Sanook story. 

Long Stay Visa Health Insurance Plans

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-16

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

It seems there are few places to go for mental illness treatment here.

Either people are left untreated, free in society, or in jail. Not many options in between.

I am sure many of them are driving that pickup coming at me in my lane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

His mum said her son was a drug addict and glue sniffer who was out of control and wouldn't take his meds. 

Have been stories on here about families chaining family members to the house. This gets my full  approval in this case. Cannot get drugs and glue if you can't get more than 10 ft from the house

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gold Star said:

It seems there are few places to go for mental illness treatment here.

Either people are left untreated, free in society, or in jail. Not many options in between.

I am sure many of them are driving that pickup coming at me in my lane.

There are psychiatric hospitals. 

• Like 1

Only a matter of time before this one kills someone. It's in the news here daily...Thai man kills, murders, butchers, burns, stabs, shoots wife, gf, parents, siblings, friends and foes and on AND ON. :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Traders also said that the man would frequently "fly his kite" (masturbate) by the side of the market. 

Lucky he didn't spill any glue on his hands. Wonder if it was Chang? ???? Glue

Edited by Dumbfounded