Analysis: Business operators welcome legal reopening of nightlife but proposed ultra strict rules a possible party pooper

webfact

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm sure a lot is wrong but realistically each country is at a different point as far as percentages of fully vaccinated and/or previous infections. 

Thailand is somewhat behind some other countries in that regard.

and who is to blame for that? The Thai circus (government) and it's clowns.

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Covid the control gift that keeps giving and can never be given up by a masquerading military ???? 

Unfortunately that is very true, this masquerading military is just one big circus, full of clowns and midgets, scared to open up and have the protesters piling into Bangkok in much larger numbers than before, and not to mention their income stream.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, biggles45 said:

They are trying to convince Thais that they are concerned about their welfare and everything they have done is for that. Election due soon? 

Election?? These clowns don't need an election, the same one has done very well for himself over the last eight years. he just needs to stay in office with all his soldiers behind him.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:49 AM, JonnyF said:

What's the point of proposing relaxing the rules when the new rules being proposed are still much stricter than what is actually happening right now. 

leaves things open for plod & local officials to extract some tea money to pass up the chain

25 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and who is to blame for that? The Thai circus (government) and it's clowns.

Thailand was never in the top tier nations in regard to adequate earlier stage access to vaccines.

That was not the Thai government's fault. That was about structural global inequality.

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thailand was never in the top tier nations in regard to adequate earlier stage access to vaccines.

That was not the Thai government's fault. That was about structural global inequality.

I'm not so sure about that, all these reports about the guy with the engineering degree posing as a "health" minister and his incompetence cannot be wrong.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I'm not so sure about that, all these reports about the guy with the engineering degree posing as a "health" minister and his incompetence cannot be wrong.

I am.

I don't know of any middle level economy country that had first dibs on vaccines, at least the better brands that people actually wanted.

Of course I'm not saying the government here is without fault on their Covid response

No government had a perfect response.

But I am saying any harsh criticism should take into account that the world is very far from a level playing field.

Edited by Jingthing

New daily covid record. 27xxx today

Plus the 10s of thousands unreported ones.

Just got a call from a friend. She is worried that she will test positive as her close friend and family, colleagues etc tested positive.
None reported it to the authorities.