Report a taxi driver

kevin612

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Report a Bangkok Taxi to the Land Transport Department Hotline on ph # 1584. .

I did that once and they told me to contact the Tourist hotline. I did, and they told me to contact the Land Transport Hotline.

Another time, I arrived at Swampy airport and did the usual walk to the departure level to get a taxi that was dropping off. A driver offered me a price and I walked away, only for him to call me back and agree to using the meter. He did, but drove such a long way around to my destination that the fare was the same as what he had wanted to charge me in the first place. Of course, a non-resident would have no idea what had happened.

It was always a shock to the system to arrive back in Thailand from anywhere and be hit with the 'Thai way' the moment I arrived, from huge lines at immigration to taxi scams to wild driving into the city.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I did that once and they told me to contact the Tourist hotline. I did, and they told me to contact the Land Transport Hotline.

Another time, I arrived at Swampy airport and did the usual walk to the departure level to get a taxi that was dropping off. A driver offered me a price and I walked away, only for him to call me back and agree to using the meter. He did, but drove such a long way around to my destination that the fare was the same as what he had wanted to charge me in the first place. Of course, a non-resident would have no idea what had happened.

It was always a shock to the system to arrive back in Thailand from anywhere and be hit with the 'Thai way' the moment I arrived, from huge lines at immigration to taxi scams to wild driving into the city.

Had similar, went swampy to Mochit.Meter was going at a stupid speed.When stopped at Mochit I told him I wasnf psying and he should call the nearby Policeman. He refused and asked what I would pay, I told him same I always pay X he said ok. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Had similar, went swampy to Mochit.Meter was going at a stupid speed.Whdn stopped at Mochit I told him I wasnf psying znd he sheould call the nearby Policeman. He refused and asked what I woukd pay, I told him same I alwaus pay X he said ok. ????

Is this one of those tests, Charlie.....     Fi Yuo’re Albe To Raed Tihs, You Might Have Typoglycemia !!!!????

The issue with the taxi’s is that the flookwittery is seemingly minor, but relentless... from no meter, to no seatbelts, to no-go !!!....   

Its a minor issue... but the thought process of ... 'OK, I’m going to go and get a taxi... aw gawd, is this going to be one of those situations whereby I am refused by 5 different taxis and the next 3 want to charge me 400 baht ????'.....  only to rock up and first guy who takes you does so in a clean metered taxi and drives well.... all is forgiven, then the next guy tries to rip you off and drives like a lunatic !!! 

4 hours ago, bbko said:

Ok without being pedantic (I'm assuming you eat?), if you bought 500gms of chicken and paid 50b and your friend bought the exact same cut from the exact same store for 40b, told you what he paid, you'd go back and complain "over principal"? 

I blame the chicken.
Probably the more expensive one was a "happy chicken".

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Use Grab in future - there is ‘dual accountability’....  

You can also use ‘Grab Car’ (instead of Grab Tax’ or ‘Any Grab’) and avoid Taxi’s altogether if you wish. 

I was taking a journey on the expressway the other day....  just flagged down a taxi, got in, got out again, no seatbelt. Flagged down another taxi, got in, got out again, no seatbelts and taxi was watching a movie on the phone balanced on his dash-board.....  next taxi was fine.

In future, i’ll just follow my own advice - its simply avoids the BS when using Grab-car but you pay a little more for it. 

Grab costs even more. A person who worries over 70 Baht won't pay the inflated Grab fare either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bbko said:

Ok without being pedantic (I'm assuming you eat?), if you bought 500gms of chicken and paid 50b and your friend bought the exact same cut from the exact same store for 40b, told you what he paid, you'd go back and complain "over principal"? 

GIVE IT A rest and stop being so stupid......

I onve bought a pint of maggots.........my friend bought from same shop he got more than what i did put this in your pipe and smoke it..... and i hope you choke

1 minute ago, blackshadow said:

6 hours ago, bbko said:

I once bought a pint of maggots.........my friend bought from same shop he got more than what i did put this in your pipe and smoke it..... and i hope you choke

My condo is in Huai Khwang and the times I traveled from Nana to home the fares varied enormously. Sometimes the driver would take a short cut through the back blocks and manage to avoid all the traffic, especially around the Ratchada night market, and the fare would be below 100 baht. Another night the driver might just go along Sukhumvit and Ratchadapisek in heavy traffic and the fare will be 150 baht. I usually give the driver a tip between 20-50 baht anyway. No big deal, especially when I know that just the taxi flagfall back in Melbourne will be more than the 150 baht fare in Bangkok.

Edited by Dexxter

10 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

So you leave a country that took 40% of your earnings in taxes and come here to bitch about a few dollars to a poor taxi driver.

Go back.

So you are unable to comprehend the concept of principle and don’t mind being a doormat and taken for a fool and ripped off  ????

As you are avoiding tax, on your next flight won’t mind paying more ??? how about your next meal... you are saving 40% tax by living in Thailand....  its ok to charge you 40% more, right ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Grab costs even more. A person who worries over 70 Baht won't pay the inflated Grab fare either.

I got the impression that the Op was not bothered about the 70 baht... but bothered about the fact he was taken advantage of and believes he was ripped off. 

Personally, I wouldn’t bother about 70 baht...  but I do bother about allowing such characters to take advantage....  its not worth the argument though. So I use grab where there is double coincidence of responsibility...  IF I act like a tool the driver can report me to grab and vice versa. 

• Like 2

Criticizing the OP because thinks he was over charged in a taxi.  The OP is asking specifically for information.  Not asking for your personal opinion about him or the way he thinks.  And I’m sure he could care less what you think of him. And truthfully neither do I. 
   I’m sure if his post involved being overcharged on booze.  He would have gotten more favorable responses.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swm59nj said:

The OP is asking specifically for information.  Not asking for your personal opinion about him or the way he thinks.

Unfortunately that's not how forums work.  If someone posts they can expect comments and opinions on issues around their original query,  If they don't want that then they shouldn't be posting.

4 hours ago, swm59nj said:

And I’m sure he could care less what you think of him.

*Couldn't.

• Like 1

SMS 1584 with taxi number, taxi color, time and date.

Next time he goes to renew his permit, he will find out about the complaint and pay 1,000BT.

More than likely he has a switch installed that jumps the meter forward. Hopefully he gets allot of complaints to 1584. 

• Like 1