Nicest people in Thailand

Just now, KarenBravo said:

One person could say that Mr. Somchai is great, whilst another person may think him terrible.

What makes things difficult is that Thais are the most tolerant people in the world.........they are also the most inconsiderate.

Thanks Karen

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Wife is nicest, kindest person I ever met, she's from the farming hills in Nan. Her father from the same area basically threatened to beat me up in our only ever meeting (apparently he's calmed down now after the disgrace of daughter marrying farang), but he was a right a hole.

Maybe you brought Sangsom instead of sinsod ????

People can state whatever they want but that would be the north of thailand, this is assuming both personal developed closer friendship / relationships as well when you are brand new and walking into a random person.

If also considering infrastructure, livability, it would be Chiang Mai to be specific. This is not even a opinion but a fact.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Anyone who works on a streetfood stall. They all seem cheerful and friendly.

sure they do.... they see a walking ATM machine coming towards them  555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

People can state whatever they want but that would be the north of thailand, this is assuming both personal developed closer friendship / relationships as well when you are brand new and walking into a random person.

If also considering infrastructure, livability, it would be Chiang Mai to be specific. This is not even a opinion but a fact.

Chiang Mai livability? Aren't you forgetting burning season that turns the air toxic? For a while it had the worst air quality in the world.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30383081

I'll put down your "fact" as an alternate fact. Kellyanne Conway would be proud of you........

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

One person could say that Mr. Somchai is great, whilst another person may think him terrible.

What makes things difficult is that Thais are the most tolerant people in the world.........they are also the most inconsiderate.

Nah. The most inconsiderate people on the planet live in the same area as myself. It's hard to believe they grew up in a civilized country.

14 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I lived in Chiang Mai and I never considered them to be more friendly than those in Pattaya.

Nice and not nice people everywhere I've lived, but as a rule of thumb, country folk are invariably friendlier than city folk.

• Like 2