Nicest people in Thailand

14 hours ago, starky said:

I find the people of Isaan overwhelmingly friendly particularly to falang in places where ther normally isnt a lot. As long as your not a dick make them lose face or poke the bear would be my only caveat. Those same friendly faces can be pretty nasty if they turn.

So just superficial then?

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:14 PM, Thujone said:

When I first visited Thailand I was amazed at the people.

Smiling much of the time, cheerful, helpful and obliging.

Then I stopped spending so much...

Marry the wrong one and you'll still be spending too much but not getting cheerful, helpful and obliging in return.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, RichardColeman said:

Wife is nicest, kindest person I ever met, she's from the farming hills in Nan. Her father from the same area basically threatened to beat me up in our only ever meeting (apparently he's calmed down now after the disgrace of daughter marrying farang), but he was a right a hole.

Lucky for you to marry into such a high so family! 

On 3/19/2022 at 11:14 AM, Thujone said:

When I first visited Thailand I was amazed at the people.

Smiling much of the time, cheerful, helpful and obliging.

Then I stopped spending so much...

But that's only in places like Pattaya and the other 77 provinces!

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:31 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

I guess that had a lot to do with you then, any tourist even notices the difference right upon landing. Pattaya is full of trash people, not sure how you can even compare this, i did business there for the past decade as well. I like it but certainly not comparable.

You would not even be close to resonating with the northern vibes if coming up with a PTY attitude, they would be neutral and steer away from you. People usually not believe in the energetic fields one carries but it is quite real. Just as it is by not being bothered by thugs in western countries, as your body language subtle tells them your a certain type.

When I just come back from the west, when I had to put my tough attitude on in some areas, I always notice some distance at first when returning in CM too. Most times you even do this without being aware of it. How long did you stay? 1-2 weeks and it's different.

I can tell within seconds if someone is from here or not, local or foreigner. Or wether they are tourists or expats from elsewhere. Body language betrays a lot.

I once had a friend tell me "My first impressions of people are always right."

I asked "How do you know?"

She replied "Because I never change them."

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Always an exception though. I've had the misfortune to encounter some real <deleted> Thai women.

I would tend to put Thai women who own bars in that category, the few I encountered during my bar days all seemed to have hearts of stone.

Perhaps my antennae were better, I seemed to be able to detect the gold-diggers quite quickly.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:37 PM, RichardColeman said:

Her father from the same area basically threatened to beat me up in our only ever meeting (apparently he's calmed down now after the disgrace of daughter marrying farang), but he was a right a hole.

His eyes didn't light up with dollar signs?

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

No, not really, he wanted her to go back to her abusive, violent old husband first, 

It really cuts me up that people seem so accepting of women being treated like garbage in Thailand.  I'd go as far to say that some women expect it or even like it.  Pretty sad.

You would think that a not even rich foreign guy would be seen as a better alternative, but a Thai guy that treats her like dirt often seems to be the preference.  Obviously this is their choice to make, but it makes you wonder what's going on in their heads sometimes.  (Also a very different attitude in neighbouring countries.)

Edited by BangkokReady

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I would tend to put Thai women who own bars in that category, the few I encountered during my bar days all seemed to have hearts of stone.

Perhaps my antennae were better, I seemed to be able to detect the gold-diggers quite quickly.

The ones with breasts?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It really cuts me up that people seem so accepting of women being treated like garbage in Thailand.  I'd go as far to say that some women expect it or even like it.  Pretty sad.

Thai La korns......OMG.....there isn't a minute goes by without a woman being physically assaulted.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Sad 1