Thai Public Health Ministry backtracks on its proposal to remove mandatory facial masks, says was a misunderstanding

webfact

I believe masks helps, but have you ever picked up your child from school and checked their mask out?  My sons masks is filthy, no way that is healthy for him.  These kids grab the front of their masks all day, they fall on the floor, etc.  

• Like 1

It took only a day to filter down to the leaders, who panicked. Wait a minute. Without masks people will start to feel more comfortable, and less afraid. And fear and panic is our greatest ally. We can't let that happen. God forbid the people get comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their extreme disapproval at our horrible performance. 

Keep the face diapers forever!

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

In oh so very Typically Thailand fashion, speaking out of both side of mouth. Flip-flopping. Backtracking. Saying one thing today and something different tomorrow. One hand not knowing what the other is doing. Standard operating procedure. All normal here...FUBAR! :cheesy:

I explain it always like this: dogs sniffing each others <deleted> have better understanding of each other then Thai speaking Thai to a Thai....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

A misunderstanding...Maybe first think and than talk is much better instead if talking as a headless chicken and than reply with " it is a misunderstanding".. It only shows the incompetence of the Government and the people who work for it

Shower of clowns and midgets from the Thai circus which is making an attempt at being a government.

5 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I never count on anything that any government official says here. There are two many changes, cancellations, revisions, and the like just days later. I read reputable sites online and continue to wear a good mask (N95 or N95) when around ANY people. I act in a manner I refer to as socially considerate. Can't be too safe with Covid. It's not going away, it continues to mutate, and I don't want to be responsible for passing it along thru others to some older person who just dies from it. If wearing a mask is so unbearable for you, try having an intubation tube down your throat while hospitalized. Man up and just do the responsible thing! Either way, when I am walking in a mall or at Big C and see improperly masked (nose not covered) people walking towards me, I move as far away from them as I can. And I give them 'the look'. They mostly are other farangs doing this. But I've stopped trying to reason with them thru conversation. You can't cure stupid and they get so defensive and aggressive that I'd rather not engage with willfully ignorant and inconsiderate people.

Huge drama momma 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Shower of clowns and midgets from the Thai circus which is making an attempt at being a government.

Tons.  And the biggest problem in the USA is that a crappy polyester bandana hanging down and open at the bottom was accepted everywhere!! Even worse ones than that were accepted. You think masks are so important. That is BS 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Care to list those verified studies that say mask wearing is useless

Tons.  And the biggest problem in the USA is that a crappy polyester bandana hanging down and open at the bottom was accepted everywhere!! Even worse ones than that were accepted. You think masks are so important. That is BS  Many are so gross and dilapidated but totally acceptable: what a joke masue were!!

3 hours ago, dave moir said:

I think his point is they wear a mask to protect their health against the poor air quality but don't wear a helmet to protect themselves against accidents!????

My wife had a ticklish cough which she could not shake of, then some kind poster advised me to get her these PM 2.5 masks, now her cough has gone away.

8 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Want to wear a pointless mask? Wear it.....

Dont want to wear a mask? Dont wear one.......

No one really cares anymore.........You don't need to be given the ok from anyone, to wear one or not..

They are not always pointless depending on the mask quality, whether it is worn properly and the specific setting.

But as far as outdoors in parks, yeah probably pointless.

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It took only a day to filter down to the leaders, who panicked. Wait a minute. Without masks people will start to feel more comfortable, and less afraid. And fear and panic is our greatest ally. We can't let that happen. God forbid the people get comfortable. They might take to the streets again, and show their extreme disapproval at our horrible performance. 

Keep the face diapers forever!

Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Tons.  And the biggest problem in the USA is that a crappy polyester bandana hanging down and open at the bottom was accepted everywhere!! Even worse ones than that were accepted. You think masks are so important. That is BS  Many are so gross and dilapidated but totally acceptable: what a joke masue were!!

Well then show the verifiable links. Prove your post.

Edited by ThailandRyan

55 minutes ago, chiman said:

I believe masks helps, but have you ever picked up your child from school and checked their mask out?  My sons masks is filthy, no way that is healthy for him.  These kids grab the front of their masks all day, they fall on the floor, etc.  

That's a good point.

Wearing a weak dirty mask only to comply with rules is actually worse than no mask.

• Thanks 1

Here's another theory about why the authorities are slow to change on this.

Perhaps they regard the public like children incapable of differentiating.

Loosen up outdoor rules and then too many people might think they can be maskless indoors.

Like an all or nothing.

Whatever the government puts out, many people will be wearing masks for at least another couple of years, and perhaps they will never stop as long as Covid is still around, and I think it is clear that Covid is not going to disappear completely.

The quality of life is wrecked for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Whatever the government puts out, many people will be wearing masks for at least another couple of years, and perhaps they will never stop as long as Covid is still around, and I think it is clear that Covid is not going to disappear completely. People have become psychologically dependent on them.

The quality of life is wrecked for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. Such are the effects of mental frailty.

Arguably high risk people at least should continue to mask up in high risk settings.

26 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well then show the verifiable links. Prove your post.

You obviously search for a lot of things. To say you never saw several articles regarding uselessness of masks is a joke. You are actually baiting. 

1 hour ago, BayArea said:

From all the YouTube videos I've seen lately,  it seems the exception among the population that are not wearing masks are mostly the working girls in BKK, Phuket and Pattaya. They relied on their heavily made up faces to draw in their potential buyer. 

Not always......

2 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

Whatever the government puts out, many people will be wearing masks for at least another couple of years, and perhaps they will never stop as long as Covid is still around, and I think it is clear that Covid is not going to disappear completely. People have become psychologically dependent on them.

The quality of life is wrecked for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid. Such are the effects of mental frailty.

That has not been the case in the UK as far as I am aware.

As soon as regulations were lifted , mask wearers became very much the minority.

9 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I never count on anything that any government official says here. There are two many changes, cancellations, revisions, and the like just days later. I read reputable sites online and continue to wear a good mask (N95 or N95) when around ANY people. I act in a manner I refer to as socially considerate. Can't be too safe with Covid. It's not going away, it continues to mutate, and I don't want to be responsible for passing it along thru others to some older person who just dies from it. If wearing a mask is so unbearable for you, try having an intubation tube down your throat while hospitalized. Man up and just do the responsible thing! Either way, when I am walking in a mall or at Big C and see improperly masked (nose not covered) people walking towards me, I move as far away from them as I can. And I give them 'the look'. They mostly are other farangs doing this. But I've stopped trying to reason with them thru conversation. You can't cure stupid and they get so defensive and aggressive that I'd rather not engage with willfully ignorant and inconsiderate people.

Germany mandated n95 masks!  Didn't make any difference. Move on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ehs818 said:

If this isn't a parody account i'd say the poster should take heed of his own words of 'man up'.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You should mind your own business. If people choose to wear masks, what is it to you?  Some desire to control other people simply because they choose to do differently?

Read the source original post! your contradicting yourself.