Valid Multiple Entry Non-b And Lost Passport?

I was just wondering if we have a valid multiple entry NON-B or O,and our passport is lost,what would happen?means the visa will be lost as well?and do we have to get a new visa?or by using the photocopies,the immigration will stamp our Multiple entry visa on our new passport again?

I was just wondering if we have a valid multiple entry NON-B or O,and our passport is lost,what would happen?means the visa will be lost as well?and do we have to get a new visa?or by using the photocopies,the immigration will stamp our Multiple entry visa on our new passport again?

go to your embassy, apply for a new passport...then when it arrives, pick it up from the embassy and bring it to thai immigration, they will look up your information in the computer and stamp your new passport.

the visa (multiple entry NON-:o was issued from penang.does the immigration have the authority to stamp new NON-B multiple visa?even though it originally issued from penang?

You wonder a lot about a passport which you haven't even lost yet... :D

just wanna know.we don't know what's gonna happen.and also i m an easy to forget guy.it has happened many times that i nearly lost my passport.so that's why i wanna know if it happens,what do i have to do?

Preacaution?

Try not to lose the p/port. :o May be keep it at a safe place and carry a certified copy around (There are many threads, how to get ths in Thai Visa)

If your p/port is lost, your embassy might ask for a police report, means you first have to go to the police station to report.

If you kept photocopies of the passport, this will speed up the replacement with your embassy.

With the replacment p/port (and a letter by your embassy, that this is a new one issued to you) go to immigration, show them the photocopies of the lost p/port. The will certify your permission of present stay, but I doubt very much they can replace your visa. Bear in mind, immigration under the jursdiction of the police, Ministry of Interior, is in charge to allow you to stay here, but have nothing to do with visas, which are issued outside of the country by embassies/consulates under the Ministry of Foreign affairs.

So the immigration police will probably allow you to stay until expiry of your original permission, but cannot replace the next multiple entry permission. You might have to leave to get a new visa, or extent the present one to a longer period, if immigration allows.

A "visa" is not an intangible status, symolized by a paste-in sticker in yor passport. A "visa" IS the sticker. No sticker, no visa. They will not recreate one.

Extended entry permit is different - that is a symbol of a status, and it can be recreated.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

A "visa" is not an intangible status, symolized by a paste-in sticker in yor passport. A "visa" IS the sticker.  No sticker, no visa.  They will not recreate one.

Extended entry permit is different - that is a symbol of a status, and it can be recreated.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

Just as your Government expects payment for the issuance of a new passport, there will be fees for the issuance of a new visa. Not losing the passport sounds like a must do thing.