New tourist visa stamps?

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean the arrival stamp that immigration does when you enter the country. They changed them over a year and a half ago.

%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A8-stamp-scaled.jpg

Yes as you say they did change them and they are easier to read as well. Each of the arrival stamps and departure stamps also have a continuous code that runs around the border.  I was informed that these stamp codes can be identified as to where the actual stamp was issued and can be used to find a fraudulent stamp, if they take the time.  However, my last sentence information came from my former BIL who I guess one can say is an anecdotal source.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Each immigration officer is assigned a unique stamp. It is for their use only, and when they leave or are transferred the stamp is defaced, not recycled. In between shifts the stamp is stored securely.

This is why when an immigration officer leaves their desk they take that stamp away and keep it on their person.

As a point of interest, the stamps used in Thai passports are a different shape and ink colour to that of those use in non-Thai passports.

Thanks for that I had no idea.

Not being a S.A, how did you find out all that stuff. 

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean the arrival stamp that immigration does when you enter the country. They changed them over a year and a half ago.

Hopefully they've also received lessons during the quiet time on how to stamp them side-by-side so that you can get eight stamps to a page like Cambodia or Singapore does rather than (mostly female IOs) bang them in the middle of blank pages similar to India? ???? 

22 minutes ago, Yme said:

Hopefully they've also received lessons during the quiet time on how to stamp them side-by-side so that you can get eight stamps to a page like Cambodia or Singapore does rather than (mostly female IOs) bang them in the middle of blank pages similar to India? ???? 

Unfortunately it appears they are to big to go side by side 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

it does look a lot larger than the previous ones where they did try and stamp them side by side.  I removed the photos as I needed to reduce them in size as they were too big for the post, as I did not want to take up such a huge space and i am having issues shrinking them down.....lol

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

t does look a lot larger than the previous ones where they did try and stamp them side by side.  I removed the photos as I needed to reduce them in size as they were too big for the post, as I did not want to take up such a huge space and i am having issues shrinking them down.....lol

After posting a image it is easy to resize them by double clicking it that brings this up (slightly redacted).

image.png.cd4abfd78f926c75eb703ffa1c0c732b.png

On 3/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

wow thanks! i never knew that!