Thaksin's daughter could become Thailand's next prime minister as Shinawatra's set for comeback

webfact

Thaksin has been in self imposed exile since 2008 after being tried in absentia for corruption. He was ousted in a coup in 2006.

Why is it that Thaksin was tried "in absentia", but the Red Bull heir case can't go to trial unless he is returned to Thailand?   Is it because one was based on corruption charges and the other is murder?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Crystal balls don't come into it".

I'm glad that you concede that after your bringing them into it.

The only comment I made was to state, correctly, that Yingluck was not ousted by the coup as she was not PM at the time.    If you want to derail my comment and discuss other aspects, go ahead, but do it with other posters who may be interested, I sure am not.

Expand  

If you ignore the circumstances surrounding Yinglucks ousting

She wasn't "ousted", she was removed from office, legally, by the Constitutional Court, there's a difference.  That is all that I am commenting on so please take your attempt to drag it out to someone who's interested.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

it could be the other way around, its not Mr.T persuade his daughter to run, but his daughter wanted to run on her own will to save her father.

put politic aside, i rather look at a young pretty woman in politic then an old fart running the country

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinci said:

it could be the other way around, its not Mr.T persuade his daughter to run, but his daughter wanted to run on her own will to save her father.

put politic aside, i rather look at a young pretty woman in politic then an old fart running the country

Really, is that how you use your vote, voting for a pretty face rather than a career politician with experience.

You would prefer a bimbo with absolutely no experience as a country leader.

You set the bar pretty high, don't you..... ????

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, vinci said:

"it could be the other way around, its not Mr.T persuade his daughter to run, but his daughter wanted to run on her own will to save her father."

Seems to me a good chance the godfather abroad has spoken. Has the lady ever shown any previous interest in being a politician?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"it could be the other way around, its not Mr.T persuade his daughter to run, but his daughter wanted to run on her own will to save her father."

Seems to me a good chance the godfather abroad has spoken. Has the lady ever shown any previous interest in being a politician?

Or indeed, any experience?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vinci said:

either way same result in politic, but im a man i like pretty woman what can i say

It's probably best at this point if you don't say anything else.

• Haha 1

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them. Karl Marx

• Like 1

Mr.T divorce his wife to protect his family from constant attack, it show me he have a heart, i don't think he want anything bad to come to his children, especially letting his daughter getting bombarded in politics, to me i think this one is his daughter idea on her own. 

Why do you say he's farang friendly? Any examples to share?

you have to live here long enough to understand, its hard to give direct evident, its not like they came out and said it straight to your face, but its there.

25 minutes ago, vinci said:

Mr.T divorce his wife to protect his family from constant attack, it show me he have a heart, i don't think he want anything bad to come to his children, especially letting his daughter getting bombarded in politics, to me i think this one is his daughter idea on her own. 

you have to live here long enough to understand, its hard to give direct evident, its not like they came out and said it straight to your face, but its there.

"Mr.T divorce his wife to protect his family from constant attack, it show me he have a heart, i don't think he want anything bad to come to his children, especially letting his daughter getting bombarded in politics, to me i think this one is his daughter idea on her own."

Are you sure about that?  My Thai colleagues say he had a reputation for many many years for numerous mere nois. Plus colleagues say he and wife had been separted/lived separate lives for many years

"Why do you say he's farang friendly? Any examples to share?

"You have to live here long enough to understand, its hard to give direct evident, its not like they came out and said it straight to your face, but its there"

Well I've lived/worked here coming up to 35 years and saw the first days of Thaksin and his ongoing antics. You provide no examples and I totally dispute that he was farang friendly.

Here's one specific example that he wasn't farang frienly. At a press conference a foreign reporter (from an international media agency) politely asked him e a couple of very awkward questions. His response was to say 'idiot scum' and he immediately walked away.  The reporter was deported the next day. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, scorecard said:

It does have several good choices, intelligent, educated, worldly, moral people with good ethics. But 99% of them don't want to be in politics because of the bad image/bad smell. 

And if they try to get in, e.g. Thanathorn, his party won a very large number of votes and got instantly sidelined/charged with 'strange' offences and punished, removing them from the playing field. 

There's a long way to go. 

That is EXACTLY how it is. Thank you.

Here's one specific example that he wasn't farang frienly. At a press conference a foreign reporter (from an international media agency) politely asked him e a couple of very awkward questions. His response was to say 'idiot scum' and he immediately walked away.  The reporter was deported the next day. 

by reading your comment, you are full of, 35 year of living in Thailand is in your imagination, but hey say whatever you want. 

Mr.T wife is a clever woman, none of the people that went against her, have nothing on her, and prove nothing, as for her personal live it is debatable, your colleagues already made a mistake by predicting her personal in which he predict and know nothing.

are you serious about bringing in foreign reporter that attack him as an example for Mr.T farang friendly, ok if you say so, but i'll give you credit for being here long enough to know when he back slap all the reporter

• Confused 2

I would prefer some one else like Thanathorn to be the next PM.. All the same families in charge is not correct although in the time of Thaksin everyone was happier and Thailand a better place. But again a Sinawatra family member in charge....I would am not sure...

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was here all the time when Thaksin and his family and his Chronis were in power. I also remember enough of the news from those years that he was all the time in the news with his corrupt schemes. And I remember when people gave flowers to the soldiers after the two coups.

If Thaksin would have been a honest politician then Thailand could be at least 10 years ahead and without coups and military government. They only took over to free Thailand and the Thai people from this criminal.

large_iFqCQJJ8f7B3EkEE.jpg

Yes, there we have it. Irrefutable proof that the Bangkok elite Thai people don't want leaders elected by the brown masses but leaders that are elected for them, not by them!!:crazy:

9 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I'm presuming that the posters on here who believe that the second election win by Thaksin was fair and just are either ill informed or in denial about what a fair and just election means.

Many of Thaksin's opponents, and indeed many who spoke out about him,  also 'conveniently' happened to be drug dealers, so where executed during his 'war on drugs'.

Around election time, red envelopes were flying around the villages of North Thailand to 'help the poor farmers', so definitely not a bribe then?

The current lot are no better but let's not make the Shins out to be the answer.

And the envelopes are still flying today, sent by all sides. But flying envelopes still beat rumbling tanks any day of the week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

It will be up to the Thai people (well, sort of) to decide if they want her to be their next PM.  I guess that's if the current government will allow elections.  

"It will be up to the Thai people (well, sort of) to decide if they want her to be their next PM."

I very much doubt that without a fundamental change/tectonic <deleted> in how the Thai political power structure is set up.

"I guess that's if the current government will allow elections."

Exactly.

• Like 1