Thaksin's daughter could become Thailand's next prime minister as Shinawatra's set for comeback

webfact

9 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Superb!
It is always going to be better than the current administration.
80% of Thais will be delighted! 

Yes, but the wrong 80%. The 500 thais owning more than half of Thailands wealth are among the 20 %

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, so they are all corrupt.
Thais can choose what kind of corruption they prefer.
I would prefer the less militaristic more business oriented corruption of the Thaksins. Seem to make people happier then authoritarian singing.
And she is definitly more easy on the eye than the present military clown.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I guess it's possible she could become the next PM, assuming free and fair elections are ever held.

But if the Thai people elected her via the ballot box, it wouldn't be long before the army got the tanks out to "return happiness to the Thai people" again.

don't forget the F35 jet fighters too!! ????

14 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I guess it's possible she could become the next PM, assuming free and fair elections are ever held.

But if the Thai people elected her via the ballot box, it wouldn't be long before the army got the tanks out to "return happiness to the Thai people" again.

"return happiness to (rich) Thai people".

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

The last time and the time before when a Shinawatra was legally elected in a democratic vote the were deposed by military coups.

What Thailand needs is a clean, transparent and free democratic election.

What Thailand does NOT NEED is any more military coups. 

Then perhaps under a democratic civilian government the country will be able to move forward once again with people who KNOW what they are doing, in control. 

Thing is the Shins and the junta are two sides of the same coin. Though one might be less evil than the other both are self serving. Did she start talking about the people. No she talked about her dad wanting to come home. So its dad first then the rest. YL brought her government down with the amnesty. 

I agree with clean transparent election though and agree military coups are not the awnser but at the same time neither are the self serving shins. Maybe future forward, for the rest there is almost no hope for Thailand. They all switch sides are in it for themselves and throw some crumps to the masses. (still at the moment PT is the least evil or at least that is what i think but last time i thought the junta was not so bad either and i was wrong. So who knows)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

She would win any election If & ONLY IF THE FAMILY RETURNS BILLIONS OF $$$$ BACK TO THE COUNTRY.

He doesn't have billions to return though... well maybe if the government returned the billions they stole from Thaksin's bank account's they froze.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scorecard said:

" He provided free healthcare for foreigners'  ,that was a good

thing, ..."

Can you expand on that please, been here well over 3 decades and I can't remember that.

All you needed was a yellow book, the next Government in power

cancelled this and tried to introduce a scheme of their own ,were

you paid 2,500 THB , it was operated by a company ,that there

was nothing I could find about, it lasted just a few weeks ,and that

was cancelled ,and everyone received their money back, less the

charge for health check.

Regards Worgeordie

I love it!  Love this so much.  After Prayut's and the military's big purge trying to eradicate every Thaksin stem and root, they might be back!  Comedy doesn't get any better than this!  Bravo Paetongtarn!  Love your red shirt!!!  Way to rub their noses in it!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

If it does happen,he will have a ticket booked to get back.Once a law has passed he will not face any charges like his sister.Another puppet to follow his rules from within the family

Doubt they fly on commercial flights, unless it was in a suite

4 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's interesting that you seem to see something wrong with pointing out a completely false statement.  It's a pity that there aren't a few more posters here who prefer to see the truth published. 

Yingluck was not ousted by the coup, there can be no argument about that as she was not PM at the time.   What you see in your crystal ball about what may have happened in the future is irrelevant to the facts of the time.

Expand  

Crystal balls don't come into it. Your position ignores all the background to the coup, the planning,the preparation, the blocking of the election to create the conditions to justify it. One of the main protagonists, Suthep Taungsuban (sic) spilled the beans about the whole business shortly afterwards.

Without considering and including the events leading up to and surrounding the coup, your statement, though true, is simply pedantry. It fails to address the fundamental premise that an elected government, standing for re-election, was removed by a military coup because it was on course to win that election.

"Crystal balls don't come into it".

I'm glad that you concede that after your bringing them into it.

The only comment I made was to state, correctly, that Yingluck was not ousted by the coup as she was not PM at the time.    If you want to derail my comment and discuss other aspects, go ahead, but do it with other posters who may be interested, I sure am not.

25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Crystal balls don't come into it".

I'm glad that you concede that after your bringing them into it.

The only comment I made was to state, correctly, that Yingluck was not ousted by the coup as she was not PM at the time.    If you want to derail my comment and discuss other aspects, go ahead, but do it with other posters who may be interested, I sure am not.

If you ignore the circumstances surrounding Yinglucks ousting, and the subsequent coup then your comment is basically irrelevant, unless of course (as it so often seems), you are merely trying to pick a fight! In which case I am not interested either, goodbye!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1